Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Qwerty

Does anyone think there’s anything in the Brendan rumours?

Well they’re  not rumours exactly, but I heard he’s the bookies favourite to go to Chelsea if they sack Lampard, and there were mutterings about Arsenal too if Arteta is sacked.  I’d like to think he wouldn’t move on from Leicester at the moment though. 

• Haha 3

I genuinely think to lose Brendan would be a disaster for the club

We all know that certain players play for certain managers. He’s brought through Barnes, he’s signed gems like Fofana and Castagne. He’s got us playing some beautiful football (and admittedly some not so good stuff at times too)

But it’s clear our players respect him and are happy. There are no murmurings from anyone about wanting to leave

I so hope he doesn’t shoot off somewhere else at the moment 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Not sure if its public knowledge but I've seen the house Rodgers lives in and to me I like to think its not the kind of house you'd get if you weren't intending on staying a while 

I’ve seen it also. It’s the kind of house you get when you’re on £8m a year though....

rodgers to Chelsea is lazy journalism. Why would he want to go there anyway?

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Already on 200k a week isn't he? 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I hope we don't offer him a better deal. He's on a handsome wage as it is and we can't up it everytime he gets linked with a different job

we can promise him significant investment, he can have a larger say in which players we target, but it’s possible we could increase his wage I suppose, or at least the length of his contract to give him the security that the project he’s bought into will be around for a while..

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No. Close thread.

Don't listen to the bookies when it comes to transfers/managers moving etc. 

Ranieri was 66/1 to join us ffs.

What do I know but IMO Rodgers is not that disloyal or stupid. I do not think it was at all unreasonable he left Celtic to join LCFC. He' d given Celtic good service. Surely Rodgers is a bigger man than this and it verges on a disrespectful thread to me. I'm almost certain that this rumour would never have come from anywhere near Rodgers in which case its scuttlebutt.

53 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely think to lose Brendan would be a disaster for the club

We all know that certain players play for certain managers. He’s brought through Barnes, he’s signed gems like Fofana and Castagne. He’s got us playing some beautiful football (and admittedly some not so good stuff at times too)

But it’s clear our players respect him and are happy. There are no murmurings from anyone about wanting to leave

I so hope he doesn’t shoot off somewhere else at the moment 

He hasn't brought through Barnes. Barnes has been steadily progressing on his own: neither West Brom, Puel nor Bren can take much credit.

I'd credit him for Cags amazing rise. And Wilf's incredible improvement. Maybe Castangne too. Fofana is a force of nature. Nothing's going to stop that lad.

Edited by Foxxed