Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

This is going to be controversial but I’m still of the opinion that kelechi is the future. People have been very quick to right him off this season but with his limited play time we can’t really expect too much from him and when he has had a run of games, generally his goal to minute ratio is fantastic. Plus a lot has to be said for his character, you won’t find many players of his standing that will play the role he does at the club without throwing a hissy fit. I think kelechi has always been the long term vardy replacement and probably still is considered that. He’s just had to wait a bit longer than expected for his chance.

I just don't think he's of the required standard if we want to push on. You may have a fair point in terms of his game time but he just doesn't fill me with any confidence. He seems a great character but we need somebody who can not only fill in for Vardy but also begin to challenge for his place in the first 11

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

This is going to be controversial but I’m still of the opinion that kelechi is the future. People have been very quick to right him off this season but with his limited play time we can’t really expect too much from him and when he has had a run of games, generally his goal to minute ratio is fantastic. Plus a lot has to be said for his character, you won’t find many players of his standing that will play the role he does at the club without throwing a hissy fit. I think kelechi has always been the long term vardy replacement and probably still is considered that. He’s just had to wait a bit longer than expected for his chance.

He isn't he has no future here, he is not the type of player Rodgers wants, the only reason he has not gone yet is because we haven not managed to land a replacement, as soon as Edouard signs, Kalechi will be sold or loaned out. 

Extensive selfless scouting* has revealed this guy is mustard

* New FM career (Unemployed) and transferred Odsonne into Leicester, ran the whole season and he is averaging a goal every 112 minutes.

* Otavio is a bit meh though

However, Brendan appears to bought Ezequiel Garay and DCL

#rodgersout

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He hasn't been so bad to warrant some of the vitriol that has been directed his way, I agree, but at the same time he just hasn't shown that he'd be capable of being the main man to push us on after Vardy hangs up his boots.

He's still a very capable player and fits perfectly for his current role at the club as a deputy, but long-term we can (and should) do better w.r.t our 'main' striker. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Don't get your hopes up

I mean, I understand the logic and everything he is saying makes sense but i still cant help be a little nervous about it given a cluster of injuries last year contributed to our season imploding, and with covid being a potential contributor to players missing games....

Wouldn't expect him to say anything else, we always say we're not in for anybody but if the right player comes along for the right price we'll do a deal. If we can't genuinely afford anybody then fair enough, but with a lot of games and Praet being out injured for almost the rest of the season, I think we need another CM option, even if it is a loan.

We'll also have an extra space in the squad registration now Slimani has gone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd imagine that the club know that even if you spend, this season is so close and so competitive there's still a huge risk you won't finish in the CL places. 

That's quite a concern for me.

Last years run of poor form cost us 2 league places. This season, with how tight it is, a similar run could see us fall down to about 9th. 

From January 31st to feb 27th we have 8 games. The strongest squads in the world would struggle with that.  If we were playing for nothing, being ‘economical’ would make sense. But 1/2 and we can actually make a go of it. 

ahhh dejavu 

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Under promise and over deliver is always the way to be publicly. Rodgers is being clever here. I'd be surprised if Edouard isn't a Leicester player come the end of the window.

No way in my opinion that the club aren't aware of positions they're light in. The challenge is whether celtic will really sell and I'd imagine there are games being played behind the scenes. No way Rodgers comes out and goes yeah I desperately want edouard - he'd look like an idiot.

It's a classic politicians answer - hes not ruling anything out, he's not ruling anything in. If they can get a deal on edouard or another striker they deem to be of the level they require in jan they'll do it. Lots of bluffing going on everywhere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Under promise and over deliver is always the way to be publicly. Rodgers is being clever here. I'd be surprised if Edouard isn't a Leicester player come the end of the window.

See, here i am trying to lower my expectations to save my self from disappointment and in you saunter like a big Fenian bricklayer and build my Hope's back up again!!

Rodgers is merely covering himself. They’re obviously working on Edouard, but if we don’t manage to sort a deal out now then he doesn’t look silly. Plus there’s a few clubs sniffing around him besides us, so the last thing we want to do is publicly state out transfer intentions. I’m confident he will sign by the end of the window. 

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No way in my opinion that the club aren't aware of positions they're light in. The challenge is whether celtic will really sell and I'd imagine there are games being played behind the scenes. No way Rodgers comes out and goes yeah I desperately want edouard - he'd look like an idiot.

It's a classic politicians answer - hes not ruling anything out, he's not ruling anything in. If they can get a deal on edouard or another striker they deem to be of the level they require in jan they'll do it. Lots of bluffing going on everywhere.

Yeah exactly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Just curious. Would you be more certain that he isn't a Celtic player by the end of the window, rather than is a Leicester player? I agree an exit looks on the cards for Edouard - if not this window, then certainly the summer - but are we being pegged as favourite north of the wall? It would make sense with the Rodgers connection and a few media outlets having reported our interest but has much been said about what Edouard's preference is in terms of destination? I'd be very pleased to add him to our squad, think he'd be an excellent addition and add some more fire power. 

Edited by LCCFox96

56 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Rodgers is merely covering himself. They’re obviously working on Edouard, but if we don’t manage to sort a deal out now then he doesn’t look silly. Plus there’s a few clubs sniffing around him besides us, so the last thing we want to do is publicly state out transfer intentions. I’m confident he will sign by the end of the window. 

Why are they 'obviously working on Edouard'?

With the exception of chat pages no credible source has even linked us.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Why are they 'obviously working on Edouard'?

With the exception of chat pages no credible source has even linked us.

Because he is a target of the club and has been since Rodgers arrived. Celtic are desperate for cash and there has been talk on a radio station about our interest. It’s currently the worse kept secret between the two clubs, absolutely 100% guarantee he will be a Leicester player by Feb 1st. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Because he is a target of the club and has been since Rodgers arrived. Celtic are desperate for cash and there has been talk on a radio station about our interest. It’s currently the worse kept secret between the two clubs, absolutely 100% guarantee he will be a Leicester player by Feb 1st. 

Why did we not buy him in the summer if he's been a target since Rodgers arrived?

Are you ITK? Is it an opinion or based on knowledge when you guarantee 100% he will be with us by Feb 1st?

How much have you put on this at the bookies?

I hope we have someone in by Feb 1st and you're probably right, just querying it as I keep seeing claims that he's defintely coming but there's very little info from credible sources.

36 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Just curious. Would you be more certain that he isn't a Celtic player by the end of the window, rather than is a Leicester player? I agree an exit looks on the cards for Edouard - if not this window, then certainly the summer - but are we being pegged as favourite north of the wall? It would make sense with the Rodgers connection and a few media outlets having reported our interest but has much been said about what Edouard's preference is in terms of destination? I'd be very pleased to add him to our squad, think he'd be an excellent addition and add some more fire power. 

There's not been too much in the way of speculation in his window so far about him, in Scotland anyway. It's more a gut feeling I have given our season is done and Lawell will be desperate to get as much money as possible for him with his contract running down. Every decision he makes has money at the centre of it. Arsenal have long been reported to have an interest in him and recently AC Milan. I don't think the latter would be a good move for him though given they already have Zlatan, Leao, Rebic and they are now signing Mandzukic. I just get the impression that if he was available Rodgers would be keen to work with him again and Edouard similar. Add in the fact he'll cost around 50% of what we would have been asking this time last year and it's a deal that makes sense.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Why did we not buy him in the summer if he's been a target since Rodgers arrived?

Are you ITK? Is it an opinion or based on knowledge when you guarantee 100% he will be with us by Feb 1st?

How much have you put on this at the bookies?

I hope we have someone in by Feb 1st and you're probably right, just querying it as I keep seeing claims that he's defintely coming but there's very little info from credible sources.

Because in the summer Celtic wanted £30m for him, and at the time we couldn’t stretch that far and needed a defender more. He was linked almost all of last summer. 

It’s a typical move by the club, linked with one player early doors and then after weeks of nothing they suddenly hop on a plane and head over. At this moment Celtic need to sell, once the pandemic is over and the next window rolls along they might not need to sell, so the price will creep up again. If we can get a deal done now is the time to do it.