Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Zlatant and Mandzukic are in their 30s, Rebic isn't and really hasn't ever been a prolific 9 and Leao looks largely underwhelming, exactly the sort of player he should be competing with if he's good enough to be here.

Zlatan is going to play every week if fit, they've just signed Mandzukic so you imagine he'll be second choice, which would leave Edouard at best third choice for one striking spot. It would be a poor move on that basis alone and he probably wouldn't play anywhere near enough whether it be coming off the bench or starting games. Leicester would be a far better move.

14 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Is he more similar in style to Vardy or Zlatan? Seems the latter in terms of skilful but stronger who can bring people into the game but also a good instinctive finisher.

Question, would we need need to change our style if he played? Should we get him and do that or try and look for someone with qualities of Vardy who can grow into role (Malen?)? Asking cos I don’t know, not because I’m trying to make / score a point! 

Leao has been very hot and cold. Was great before he got injured. Still v raw. There’s some player in there 

Neither probably, he's more similar in style to someone like Thierry Henry. There's a post earlier in this thread where I explain in a bit of detail this.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I see dolberg is on that list. What's happened to him? His goal record still looks really good 

He's been affected by injuries quite a bit this year. Nice have been shocking for a while too and I'd guess his confidence isn't sky high right now. For the national team, he's yet to really fire and I'm not sure he'd fit Leipzig's profile for a striker. He's not the explosive type - in fact, I'd say he's similar in style to Iheanacho.

Just now, shen said:

He's been affected by injuries quite a bit this year. Nice have been shocking for a while too and I'd guess his confidence isn't sky high right now. For the national team, he's yet to really fire and I'm not sure he'd fit Leipzig's profile for a striker. He's not the explosive type - in fact, I'd say he's similar in style to Iheanacho.

Interesting - he was touted as the next big thing a few years ago. Have always wondered if he'd fit in here.

12 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Oh god. Those were dark days indeed. Sylla, De Vries, Maybury etc. 😟😟

I'll give you Sylla and Maybury... but that De Vries last minute goal in the 3-2 fa cup comeback against spurs is one of my fondest memories.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Dark indeed. Mark De Vries at least had an outstanding debut, though it went down hill quickly. Good winner in the FA Cup v Spurs though! 

was thinking about that in the shower yesterday prompted by this thread

3 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Oh god. Those were dark days indeed. Sylla, De Vries, Maybury etc. 😟😟

Some crackers, too. MacDonald, Mauchlen, Macallister, Wilson ..... and wasn’t Bobby Smith from Scotland????  

Edited by TrentFox

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No Edouard tonight? 2+ 2 = a baseless conclusion.....?

Or does it?

Not player the last two has he. I mean it’s certainly a long period of covid isolation lol