Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

16 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Because in the summer Celtic wanted £30m for him, and at the time we couldn’t stretch that far and needed a defender more. He was linked almost all of last summer. 

It’s a typical move by the club, linked with one player early doors and then after weeks of nothing they suddenly hop on a plane and head over. At this moment Celtic need to sell, once the pandemic is over and the next window rolls along they might not need to sell, so the price will creep up again. If we can get a deal done now is the time to do it. 

price won't creep up as only 18 months left on deal and he not signing a contract 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

According to the Record, Zizou has recommended to the Real board that they go get Eduoard. Probably nonsense but if it was true, it would be a dreadful move for him.

lol He's not getting near the madrid side! The record is an absolute rag, they said this exact same thing about Dembele and Zidane a few years ago too. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

According to the Record, Zizou has recommended to the Real board that they go get Eduoard. Probably nonsense but if it was true, it would be a dreadful move for him.

I don’t know why agents do this kind of thing

” ooh my client has Real Madrid sniffing around, you better offer him a good contract”..

As if anyone is fooled by that. Except maybe @Foxy_Bear maybe :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I don’t know why agents do this kind of thing

” ooh my client has Real Madrid sniffing around, you better offer him a good contract”..

As if anyone is fooled by that. Except maybe @Foxy_Bear maybe :D

It's not agents, it's the daily record just blatantly making things up again. Wouldn't wipe my arse with it let alone pay any attention to anything therein.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

All of this probably means there is a good offer on the table from a club, meanwhile the agent or the selling club is trying to drum up interest elsewhere / squeeze out a better offer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Out of interest, if you were totally neutral, as Edouard probably is, which would you choose to further your career/security based on a whole heap of factors?

Out of that list us or maybe Arsenal, or probably Madrid.

Madrid is an absolute graveyard for strikers and the step to go there from celtic is huge. Arsenal would be purely financial ad they pay gunnarsaurus 150k a week so he'd be on that.

Honestly think we're as good a bet as any - Rodgers develops players and we'd renumerate him well.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Out of interest, if you were totally neutral, as Edouard probably is, which would you choose to further your career/security based on a whole heap of factors?

Out of these? 

53 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Now linked with Us, Arsenal, Villa, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham, AC Milan and Real Madrid.

Agents definitely pushing for a move

Us or Arsenal. 

West Ham, Leeds, Villa and Wolves aren't gonna be regularly in Europe and

Real Madrid /AC have plenty of strikers that will be ahead of you...

• Thanks 1

On 18/01/2021 at 14:43, Finnegan said:

I'd imagine that the club know that even if you spend, this season is so close and so competitive there's still a huge risk you won't finish in the CL places. 

We're in a weird position whereby there's positives in that we're finally reducing what was a bloated wage bill but at the same time, we're one of the worst hit clubs by losing match day revenue.

We're clearly not in major financial discomfort but it's also probably not worth the risk of over spending, another season in the top six, securing our existing players contractually and preparing to bring in maybe one or two reinforcements in the summer might not sound overly exciting on paper compared to the alternative but it's probably smart in context. 

Where did you read we are one of the worst hit clubs losing match day revenue?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Now linked with Us, Arsenal, Villa, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham, AC Milan and Real Madrid.

Agents definitely pushing for a move

33 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Leicester or Milan.

Arsenal is still a dumpster fire, Villa, Leeds and West Ham are tinpot and not getting near Europe any time soon. Wolves are just Leicester-lite, pointless destination if the real thing want you. Madrid is probably over-reaching at this stage in his career, not for me to tell him not to be ambitious but it seems a little bit of a gamble, I'd be looking at Jovic and thinking "yeah, narh."

Milan are finally having something of a renaissance and the guy leading their line is about sixty five years old and in need of a successor some time soon. Serie A is a really mixed league with some absolutely dreadful teams, generally across the board he's going to get more time on the ball against defences with a bit less quality than if he rocks up in the Premier League. I can definitely see the value of going there.

The probably haven't recovered enough that they can offer him better wages than we can, though, although I may be wide of the mark on that front. I don't think they're entirely out of the woods even with their new owners.

Plus, there's Rodgers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

All depends on which clubs seriously want you. For me top of the list would be, somewhere you can get sufficient game time, improve and a manager who trusts you. If whatever club that is, is also successful then even better. Leicester are one of very few clubs that will tick all those boxes.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Leicester or Milan.

Arsenal is still a dumpster fire, Villa, Leeds and West Ham are tinpot and not getting near Europe any time soon. Wolves are just Leicester-lite, pointless destination if the real thing want you. Madrid is probably over-reaching at this stage in his career, not for me to tell him not to be ambitious but it seems a little bit of a gamble, I'd be looking at Jovic and thinking "yeah, narh."

Milan are finally having something of a renaissance and the guy leading their line is about sixty five years old and in need of a successor some time soon. Serie A is a really mixed league with some absolutely dreadful teams, generally across the board he's going to get more time on the ball against defences with a bit less quality than if he rocks up in the Premier League. I can definitely see the value of going there.

The probably haven't recovered enough that they can offer him better wages than we can, though, although I may be wide of the mark on that front. I don't think they're entirely out of the woods even with their new owners.

Plus, there's Rodgers.

He'll have Zlatan, Mandzukic, Leao and Rebic all to fight with for one starting place though. I don't think Milan would be a wise career choice for him at the moment with that in mind.

• Like 1

Is he neutral though? He’s worked with Brendan, been successful under him, as were the club he managed. He’s now also seen what a bad manager looks like (sorry Neil) 

When a player moves there is always the element of doubt that maybe a club over rated you or you won’t fit in. Brendan knows him and his abilities and Im sure we would have a leg up already because of this. 

all the talk of him being annoyed Brendan left is rubbish. He would have done the exact same thing In BR’s situation 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whoever is paying me the most lol

Seriously though, it must be very difficult to turn down some of the biggest names in football, even if you're not guaranteed to start. Imagine retiring and thinking about the time you turned down Real Madrid.. Not that I think there is any interest from them. Playing in England is a big pull for players (not just potential wages) and give Rodgers is here, we have a good record with young players and strong potential. London clubs are always a threat though for rich young footballers so wouldn't surprise me if he did go to Arsenal.

• Thanks 1

Interesting responses. It’s tough, isn’t it? So many factors - and we don’t even know what’s in his head. I went for us or Leeds based on style of footy, likelihood of continued presence in PL and likelihood of game time. Who knows!?!? 

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Is he neutral though? He’s worked with Brendan, been successful under him, as were the club he managed. He’s now also seen what a bad manager looks like (sorry Neil) 

When a player moves there is always the element of doubt that maybe a club over rated you or you won’t fit in. Brendan knows him and his abilities and Im sure we would have a leg up already because of this. 

all the talk of him being annoyed Brendan left is rubbish. He would have done the exact same thing In BR’s situation 

No one was annoyed when Rodgers left, the players anyway. Both Brown and Tierney interviewed publicly in the days after he left and waxed lyrical about him and have done ever since.

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No one was annoyed when Rodgers left, the players anyway. Both Brown and Tierney interviewed publicly in the days after he left and waxed lyrical about him and have done ever since.

It’s a common misconception that we see in the media. It’s very rare players get upset when someone leaves (manager or player) they all know the circle of football. 

51 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He'll have Zlatan, Mandzukic, Leao and Rebic all to fight with for one starting place though. I don't think Milan would be a wise career choice for him at the moment with that in mind.

Zlatant and Mandzukic are in their 30s, Rebic isn't and really hasn't ever been a prolific 9 and Leao looks largely underwhelming, exactly the sort of player he should be competing with if he's good enough to be here.

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Zlatant and Mandzukic are in their 30s, Rebic isn't and really hasn't ever been a prolific 9 and Leao looks largely underwhelming, exactly the sort of player he should be competing with if he's good enough to be here.

Is he more similar in style to Vardy or Zlatan? Seems the latter in terms of skilful but stronger who can bring people into the game but also a good instinctive finisher.

Question, would we need need to change our style if he played? Should we get him and do that or try and look for someone with qualities of Vardy who can grow into role (Malen?)? Asking cos I don’t know, not because I’m trying to make / score a point! 

Leao has been very hot and cold. Was great before he got injured. Still v raw. There’s some player in there