Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swithland fox

Striker who could replace vardy

On 18/01/2021 at 17:16, Foxxed said:

No player will be happy to wait in Vardy's shadow. Few players could withstand the pressure of expectation. Like others, I've come around to thinking about Barnes. His finishing has improved greatly. He's fast. He'll still be our best winger. And he's been watching Vardy from the best viewpoint. If Bren can ready and coach Barnes the striker it would be remarkable and wonderful for the club.

I agree with all that you have said but Leicester do need to think of succession planning. If we have ambitions of being in with a shout of a european football next year or winning the league this season we need someone ready and in place to replace Jamie when the time comes. Ideally buying now to step in as he will be out for a few weeks after his hernia op. Kelachi isn't the player.

One thing is certain we can't carry on relying on Nachos and Perez to get vital goals barring some devine change of fortunes and they both start banging them in for fun (highly unlikely). Whether its a loan move (preferably but difficult) or buy we should get someone in of quality and that will require some investment. Vardy I fear will miss many more games than we've been told. we need someone who can step in when asked and do a job. Stakes are high so it's a gamble but its also a gamble not to do anything. Only the club knows we shall see in the coming weeks. I like the look of this Edourdo from celtic. He might be able to make the step up too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

One thing is certain we can't carry on relying on Nachos and Perez to get vital goals barring some devine change of fortunes and they both start banging them in for fun (highly unlikely). Whether its a loan move (preferably but difficult) or buy we should get someone in of quality and that will require some investment. Vardy I fear will miss many more games than we've been told. we need someone who can step in when asked and do a job. Stakes are high so it's a gamble but its also a gamble not to do anything. Only the club knows we shall see in the coming weeks. I like the look of this Edourdo from celtic. He might be able to make the step up too.

I don't know who'd want them but if we could get rid of both Perez and Iheanacho we'd be well on the way to bring able to getting both. As Iheanacho and Perez are so bad here it's not that much of a risk surely. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Malen you daft cnut. 

Sorry?!? 

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Ok which one should we go for?

I was only mentioning the few they’d suggested. To me, he’s irreplaceable. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, majaco said:

Presumably our scouting system uses data like this.  I interesting analysis.

I’d imagine so, in short snippets it’s not that accurate. However we do have history of tracking players for longer periods. I’d be interested in knowing how some of of the players that were repeatedly linked like Barbosa etc rank on this matrix. 

I'd be tempted to bring in Adam Armstrong this month, would cost circa £15m I'd say. 

I remember watching him a few years back play for Coventry and thinking his style was very similar to JV. Seems to have come on quiet a bit since then, reckon he'd take to the prem really well, similar to how Watkins has done for Villa. 

We all love a foreign name from a fancy league don't we? Myself included, but I think there's a lot to be said for buying lower league players and developing them further, similar to James Justin. 

Edited by Fosse93
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I'd be tempted to bring in Adam Armstrong this month, would cost circa £15m I'd say. 

I remember watching him a few years back play for Coventry and thinking his style was very similar to JV. Seems to have come on quiet a bit since then, reckon he'd take to the prem really well, similar to how Watkins has done for Villa. 

We all love a foreign name from a fancy league don't we? Myself included, but I think there's a lot to be said for buying lower league players and developing them further, similar to James Justin. 

He’s the closest in style I can think of actually. I’m not sure they’d settle for £15,000,000 though.

Just now, Sly said:

He’s the closest in style I can think of actually. I’m not sure they’d settle for £15,000,000 though.

I think his contract runs out next Summer so could potentially get him at a cut price. Just read that Newcastle have a 30% sell on clause though so they'd probably be asking for more if that's the case. Either way I'd try and get it done if possible! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I think his contract runs out next Summer so could potentially get him at a cut price. Just read that Newcastle have a 30% sell on clause though so they'd probably be asking for more if that's the case. Either way I'd try and get it done if possible! 

If I were Newcastle, I’d be looking to buy him back. 

• Like 2

Has anyone mentioned Lucas Alario yet? Good scoring record for the amount of games hes played, 28 and contract runs till 2022. Quite technical, good ariel presence and a good finisher - not fast but not slow. He used to be benched behind Volland at Leverkusen but I believe he will be getting more games now. Feel like he ticks alot of boxes, is realistic and would improve us imo.