Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swithland fox

Striker who could replace vardy

47 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I wouldn't read too much into that. Newcastle sacked off Shearer when he was a teenager. Didn't stop him going back and becoming a legend there. If it's another step up the career ladder he'd be interested.

Likewise Sheff Wed and Vardy. I'm sure he'd join them if we let him go.

Edited by Raw Dykes

1 hour ago, foxinyourbox said:

Patrick Bamford is a very likeable young man.

He reminds me of Perez a bit. Perez had one half decent season in 4, Bamford has been poor and a journeyman throughout his career until this season and its only halfway through. Would want to see how he performs the rest of this one and the next before making the same mistake twice. 

6 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Isak at Real Sociadad looks good, only 20.  Seen him a few time and is really starting to find his feet in la liga.  

He reminds me of Zlatan, beyond the obvious that they’re both Swedish.

It would never happen, but Inaki Williams from Bilbao would be a great fit. Plays upfront on his own, strong, quick and knows where the goal is. Apparently, he's got an insane release clause (like so many at Spanish clubs) but, with a top four finish, who knows...? (possibly been playing too much FM 😅)

(Ivan Toney or Tammy Abraham would be my more realistic choices) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poco said:

It would never happen, but Inaki Williams from Bilbao would be a great fit. Plays upfront on his own, strong, quick and knows where the goal is. Apparently, he's got an insane release clause (like so many at Spanish clubs) but, with a top four finish, who knows...? (possibly been playing too much FM 😅)

Williams is the striker that comes to mind when you think of closest style of play to Vardy. He’d cost a small fortune though. 

• Like 1

What do you want? Do you want a Costa type striker who brings people into play? Do you want another Vardy type? Do you want a false 9? Ideally we'd want an all round striker but realistically we won't get one. In my opinion take Karlan Grant and mold him into what we want him to be has all the attributes needed just needs some decent coaching and with the new training ground we can facilitate that and he would be happy to sit on the bench for a while. No way we have the money to buy anyone near the finished article. Be realistic about this and don't suggest players like Malen or Belloti who would cost 30 million plus.

Edited by Fightforever

37 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Nicky Maynard. 

He’s 34 now, 4 goals in 21 games for Mansfield Town. 

We should thank Bristol City ever day for rejecting out £6,000,000 bid. 

:ph34r:

Edited by Sly

Vardys long term replacement is Monacos Pietro Peligri or West broms Karlam Grant.

Karlam Grant is going to be a special talent.

I dont know why people are to concerned what will be will be Vardy is 1 in a million and we may never find a replacement for him. However we now have a team of goal scorers and we don't just rely on 1 person. The difference to now and 10 years ago when we only really hoped the strikers did the business is fundamental to the way we play. Our scouting team would of been looking for suitable replacements 2 years ago they seem to take their time and not many finished products will come to play behind Vardy in the pecking order 

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Swithland fox said:

Andrea belotti could be a good fit ,fast ,good finisher and in leicester price range 

I've been a big fan of his for a while. I've said for the last few windows that he's who we should be looking at. But he wont want to come in and sit on the bench for the next 18-24 months watching Vardy. He'll want to be the main man. Which is where we are going to struggle finding a replacement. 

Anyone who comes in will need to be as close to world class as our budget will allow, but whoever is is will want to come in and be the first name on the teamsheet straight away. We wont properly replace Vardy until he either retires or begins to seriously slow down.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ings is good, but he would be short term and has a poor injury record unfortunately 

If we signed a young striker, they are likely to be short term also if they do well. 

Depending on what they want, he'd be perfect. You'd hope he's learnt his lesson going to Liverpool and not playing. 

3 hours ago, Poco said:

Williams would be outrageously amazing..... but playing for a Basque team is always a draw back, they’re notoriously difficult to deal with. 

3 hours ago, Poco said:

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Williams is the striker that comes to mind when you think of closest style of play to Vardy. He’d cost a small fortune though. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Williams would be outrageously amazing..... but playing for a Basque team is always a draw back, they’re notoriously difficult to deal with. 

43 goals in 215 La Liga games lol 

Playing as a striker, he's got 24 goals in 93. He's 26 as well so not like he's a kid.

Edited by Stadt

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we signed a young striker, they are likely to be short term also if they do well. 

Depending on what they want, he'd be perfect. You'd hope he's learnt his lesson going to Liverpool and not playing. 

It would be more his injury record that concerns, but Transfermrkt seems to say it is not as bad as imagined, but I also question its validity.

Malen and Thuram would be my first picks, and Malen is rapid.

Isak would be a good shout, maybe not as quick as the other two, and possibly needs another couple of season to prove he is good enough at the top level.

We must be scouting strikers all year round, and have a long shortlist of potential players we’re interested in. I have really high expectations of who we’ll bring in as I’m sure he will have been thoroughly scouted over the last couple of years. Have to suspect it will be a young striker with lots of potential as that’s the sort of player that Brendan loves, Malen, Bodau, Espositio etc. Similar to what wolves have done with silva, and yanited with diallo.