Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swithland fox

Striker who could replace vardy

On 06/02/2021 at 16:44, Leicesterpool said:

Tammy abraham... be interesting to know to know if he has a few future at Chelsea under the new boss. Class lad with a lot to offer.

I think that's a great shout, if he ends up moving down the pecking order I'd be all over this

If not, then Luka Jovic or Ivan Toney are the types we should be looking at IMO. I'm all for us going for a young lad too, 18 with potential, but they'll more than like take a couple of years to develop into a regular starter whereas Jovic, Toney and Abraham are all ready for rotation..... is Origi a realistic option?

I know he's not done much in a very poor Sheff Utd team, but would Brewster be any good?

There's actually a lot of very good options out there right now. I really hope we a) pick the right one and b) get it done this summer. I think we'll see over the next 4 months how we can no longer rely on Vardy, but if not, then next season for sure. Daka, Toney, Abraham, Jovic, Watkins...there's loads. Even if they'll all be £30m+

Edited by sdb

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

There's actually a lot of very good options out there right now. I really hope we a) pick the right one and b) get it done this summer. I think we'll see over the next 4 months how we can no longer rely on Vardy, but if not, then next season for sure. Daka, Toney, Abraham, Jovic, Watkins...there's loads. Even if they'll all be £30m+

ships sailed on Watkins ... Villa aren't far of us in the league and will be looking to push on again next season.. he's been really good in his first season, and will get better... so he'll be priceless to them I reckon. As much as it pains me to say, he took the best option by joining them... regular starter at a club that's improving and playing decent football... he'd have been stop start here

Like the sound of Jovic, only worry is he's not played in England so may need time to adapt the intensity of the English game

Toney and Abraham would be the ideal options for me, both offer something aerially too

• Like 2

We were in for Abraham a few years back and I have always liked him as an option. He’d fit the Rodgers’ mould well and, probably most importantly, is such a different striker to Vardy so it would force us to not find an (let’s be fair) inferior like-for-like replacement and allow us to evolve as a team and a club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simonb said:

I think that's a great shout, if he ends up moving down the pecking order I'd be all over this

If not, then Luka Jovic or Ivan Toney are the types we should be looking at IMO. I'm all for us going for a young lad too, 18 with potential, but they'll more than like take a couple of years to develop into a regular starter whereas Jovic, Toney and Abraham are all ready for rotation..... is Origi a realistic option?

I know he's not done much in a very poor Sheff Utd team, but would Brewster be any good?

From what my mates who are Liverpool fans say, the guy offers absolutely nothing, so certainly not one to build a team around...

• Like 1

On 08/02/2021 at 11:11, Simonb said:

Good post

Abraham for sure. I think he’s suffered actually because Chelsea now have too many strikers!

Ivan Toney... good shout

Jovic... great on his day but apparently a bit hit and miss?

Origi will only improve and hasn’t had a chance really under Salah, Firmino and Mane

Brewster,,,? No idea really

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Good post

Abraham for sure. I think he’s suffered actually because Chelsea now have too many strikers!

Ivan Toney... good shout

Jovic... great on his day but apparently a bit hit and miss?

Origi will only improve and hasn’t had a chance really under Salah, Firmino and Mane

Brewster,,,? No idea really

Ivan Toney or Abraham would be nice signings for sure. No idea how much they would cost though? 30-40million? 

30 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

Ivan Toney or Abraham would be nice signings for sure. No idea how much they would cost though? 30-40million? 

Just read up on Ivan Toney and discovered we released him at 16 years old , probably cost 40 million now as he signed for about 10 million for Brentford 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/22/ivan-toney-newcastle-reunion-rise-brentford-carabao-cup-quarter-final

1 hour ago, Foxes04 said:

Brian Brobbey from Ajax is out of contract this summer - could be an option?

Him or Balogun would be worth pursuing. Brobbey sadly has a Raiola as his agent though who I'm not sure we would enter in to a pissing contest with.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Just read up on Ivan Toney and discovered we released him at 16 years old , probably cost 40 million now as he signed for about 10 million for Brentford 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/22/ivan-toney-newcastle-reunion-rise-brentford-carabao-cup-quarter-final

Yeah that’s just the way it goes I guess, can’t hold on to everyone. I don’t see us paying out that much this summer but he’s doing really well this year and could probably make the step up. 

• Like 1