Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swithland fox

Striker who could replace vardy

Would like us to go for someone like aleksander buksa from wisla, my polish mate has been raving about him.

he turned 18 last month and is highly rated, wolves wanted to sign him last month, inter, barcelona and a whole host of top European clubs are after him.

similar style of forward to haaland.

at 18 we could improve his game massively.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2021 at 11:09, indierich06 said:

More and more surprised we didn't go for Che Adams when he was still at Birmingham. Looks a tidy player, still relatively young at 24, would have been happy to make appearances off the bench and play understudy to Vardy, was a Leicester boy too. Given that he went to Southampton, you'd think we could have gotten him if we'd wanted him.

Maybe we did go for him, but he also wanted more game time, which he is getting.

44 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I like Watkins we should of had that lad. 

100%. I said we should've gone in for him and I got a lot of people saying he's not proven and he was too much. 24m for a quality striker nowadays isn't a lot. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Kaputska all over again

Different position and type of player mate, but even if it did turn out the same way as Kaputska, I would not be overly disappointed that we took a chance on a young player with serious potential.

after all we spent a fortune on Silva and  slimani who were both experienced internationals at supposedly their peak that didn’t work out, so I would prefer the model of trying to buy and develop young players with potential.

Guest StevieLynex
11 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

Different position and type of player mate, but even if it did turn out the same way as Kaputska, I would not be overly disappointed that we took a chance on a young player with serious potential.

after all we spent a fortune on Silva and  slimani who were both experienced internationals at supposedly their peak that didn’t work out, so I would prefer the model of trying to buy and develop young players with potential.

Perhaps another Diabete then.There aren't too many Mahrezs and Vardys out there, I'm afraid

On 05/02/2021 at 21:07, Webbo said:

If Loftus Cheek was available for the right price, £15 millionish and Chelsea would sell him to us, I think he'd thrive in a good team. Has everything you'd look for in a striker.

Apart from he isnt a striker. Why does everyone want to convert non strikers into one - it very rarely works particularly at our level.

1 hour ago, StevieLynex said:

Perhaps another Diabete then.There aren't too many Mahrezs and Vardys out there, I'm afraid

no your right about Mahrez and vardy, but he’s definitely not a Diabate, I’m sure the top European clubs wasn’t scouting him when we signed him.

keep the positivity up mate

19 hours ago, LCFCJ said:

100%. I said we should've gone in for him and I got a lot of people saying he's not proven and he was too much. 24m for a quality striker nowadays isn't a lot. 

It was £28m rising to £33m, which is a huge chunk for a player never having played in a top division before

19 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Ivan Toney. Brentford play some lovely football and are not too dissimilar to us in how they approach the game. He’s got everything to make it at the next level. Learn off Vardy for 12 months and then replace him gradually. 

I’m more and more intrigued by Toney ... but I still want Daka lol  

• Like 1

I don’t think we will be able to replace Vardy with a striker will all the attributes he has.

There are very few strikers that are not at a top 6 club that would be able to fill his boots. And we have left it too late to get someone relatively unknown to learn from him over the last 2 years whilst he is in his prime.

We fall into a bracket now where we are going to either 1 of 2 things.

1. A player is having to come in straight away that has Premier League experience and hit the ground running to replace his goals, and we will pay through the nose, as everyone knows we need a replacement eventually for him.

Or bring in a striker from abroad that is going to take a season, potentially 2 to adjust to the league and we will have to hope Vardy is able to carry on for a season or 2 injury free.

2. Similar to Liverpool play without a recognised striker as such and instead of a striker getting 20/30 goals, have a front 3 each contributing 10/12 goals each over the course of the season.

We are there with Barnes in an interchanging front 3 but are missing a central player and right sided attacker for this to happen.

I think Rodgers is going to go down the second point next season once we have recruited in the main summer transfer window.

its certainly an appointments we have to get right in the summer as it’s going to really shape our top 4/6 aspirations next season without his goals or persistent injuries if we don’t get this right 

• Like 1