Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Commentator wound me up no end. He got our players mixed up, called Castagne "Castan", made my blood boil everytime he called Gomez "Gomesh" in some sort of Steve McLaren tribute. 

Also he mentiond "Matt Schmidt" please don't tell me this is the presenter Matt Smith he was talking about! 

• Haha 1

Can we have a separate Thread in game commentary & critic...Its pulling the Theme away from post-Match thread, Football side..

Coverage from any angle has no relevance whatsover  to do with the game Or how it lanned out....

Good/bad...performances...

Commentators are Not Part of the game...!!!

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Perez did plenty well, he's just not Vardy (and wasn't asked to be either I would imagine).

MOTM was Keane - without him I think we win.

Happy with a point from a nasty fixture - hoping Ndidi is OK.

Totally agree it was a Nasty fixture, against a defensive disciplined Everton, and pleased to get a point from it

Just now, youngvolki said:

Couldn't watch the match,how did Caglar and Fofana do as a pairing for the first time? Granted it was only for  like 15mins but maybe there were already signs of them complementing each others playing style

Shaky but our defence looked shaky the whole game, evans being the only one in that back 4 who played to his expected level, the others were a bit off it including the fullbacks so i wouldnt judge the partnership too harshly.

• Like 1

On the balance of play, we deserved 3 points but will take the one and move in. Obviously we struggle without Vardy upfront and didn't create a great deal of clear cut chances, which was difficult against a really negative team.

Our corners are an embarrassment unfortunately. This short corner might have caught out Brentford and Chelsea but to try it continually tonight in the second half was stupid, although to be fair, we can't normally get the ball in. 11 opportunities wasted. Can't we sort it out? 

Hope Wilf isn't too bad and back soon, though Mendy did OK. Thought Tielemans deserved MOTM though Barnes was brilliant in the opening 15 or so. 

Few lessons , good result considering what happened elsewhere. Lesson 1 No team can play for anything serious with ten men and a weakness. Perez was much improved but stll zero product, and maybe put his price up to £15M. This team needs and deserves at least a £40m striker. We have one, worth minimum £80m for us, who hopefully will be back soon. I'm still not convinced we need to buy for a while until Brendan is convinced he's buying a fit for the team.

Mendy immense in a country of giants, Evans sheer culture, Castagne , Justin and Tielemans maybe a little below par i.e. just excellent. Under proved himself totally to me. Barnes rightfully MOTM, imo. I never mention Kasper but I trust him absolutely, I can live with the few tiny faults. Fofana and Ndidi immense with Fofana making a small mistake which unluckily he and we were heavily punished for. Soyuncu also v. good, and I think we scored a goal from a corner, not all would agree but I think that would count in the ststs. Maybe an authority can pronounce.. but I assume that the following play I.e. when the big men are still up counts. We did n't vary our set piece takers, black mark, forgiven , as we ran them ragged.

One other lesson for Ancelotti and the watching Southgate, never play ten men and a weakness.

Found this by a toffee on the Beeb message board

92nd min opportunity to snatch a goal in a game we were properly whipped in.

And it goes to Gomes.
GOMES
Head was already in hands!

Leicester, you are brilliant.
Relentless pressure.
We defended insanely well, I do feel missing both Allan & Doucoure stunted our ability to go forward.

I’m taking that point and legging it.
After I change my pants.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You can criticise Everton all you like but it got them a point, even though they were clearly second best,they'll be points we earn like that.

Got them a point tonight but the way they play encourages me they won’t be genuine top 4 candidates in 10 games time. They’ll drop away playing like that. Only so much shithousing you can do across one season, unless you’re us in 2015/16.

6 minutes ago, youngvolki said:

Couldn't watch the match,how did Caglar and Fofana do as a pairing for the first time? Granted it was only for  like 15mins but maybe there were already signs of them complementing each others playing style

They were not tested in the slightest as Everton had 11 men firmly camped in their own box. Genuinely thought Richarlison was playing in defence 

7 minutes ago, youngvolki said:

Poor, nearly cost us the Match. Though Soyuncu did play a couple of great Balls which we nearly scored from.

35 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You can criticise Everton all you like but it got them a point, even though they were clearly second best,they'll be points we earn like that.

Other than possibly games against Liverpool, we have never and I doubt would ever be as passive as Everton were tonight whilst Brendan is in charge. Whilst their defensive set up was impressive, their general approach to the game was embarrassing. If we ever played like that under Rodgers (with the exception of maybe playing man c or liverpool) we would be appalled. Of course it is all about points at the end of the day but considering Everton have a world class manager and an extremely expensive  team, they were woeful tonight. They will be nowhere near the top 4 with performances like that  and its exactly why the media wont give them any credit. They are a slightly better version of Burnley but have the likes of James to drag them out the shit with a moment of magic 

16 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It’s great to see all these female pundits getting a chance 

Maybe there’ll be an opportunity for me to do some courtside commentary from the women’s beach volleyball championships 

At the start when one of the women were talking about our set up. Said something along the lines of... ‘Leicester like to use the flanks, they use wide... erm, wide erm, they like to use the flanks’. 

It was proper rabbit in headlights stuff.

Edit: The commentary and production was poor too. 

For the amount they charge for a subscription it would be nice to have commentators who have done some research and a presenter/pundit who actually offers something to the show.

Edited by Leeds Fox

A good point, all things considered (going behind, losing Wilf and gifting them two big chances at the end).

We knocked the ball about well, and Under was a plus when he came on, but as expected Perez was not up to leading the forward line and we didn’t test that flapper Pickford enough. Fortunately Youri - superb again - tried his luck and it paid off.

We are a really fine footballing team, easy on the eye, well coached and full of improving young talent, but our weaknesses are clear to everyone - poor at set pieces at both ends, not enough shots on target, and lack of a decent back-up to Vardy. Failure to resolve those is what could let that top four place slip again. That and another onset of injuries...

Let’s hope Ndidi’s is nothing serious 🤞

Disciplined and organised performance and packed with few more creative punches than I expected, especially after we went 1-0 down. Was strapping in for a rinse and repeat of the reverse fixture when they scored first as they're tough to break down. Unlucky to go behind and Fofana was caught out a little by the pace on the cross and shanked his touch.

Second half in particular we were excellent - Youri masterclass from midfield. A well deserved equaliser and could have edged it. I was glad to see the Under change too, we were crying out for another runner going beyond Perez - who did a decent job against a physical back line - and it helped us stretch the game further. With United, Chelsea, Villa and Southampton all dropping points, providing Ndidi's injury isn't major we've come out of that well and another good performance under our belts.

• Like 2