Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Still haven't learned our lesson from corners. The way we 'defended' that one at the end was nothing shortbof comical and we should've been punished. Are we just accepting it as a deficiency or are we working to improve on it? 

We might win the title or just Grab Top 4...And be crap at corners....

I'll Take that..:)

18 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Commentator wound me up no end. He got our players mixed up, called Castagne "Castan", made my blood boil everytime he called Gomez "Gomesh" in some sort of Steve McLaren tribute. 

Also he mentiond "Matt Schmidt" please don't tell me this is the presenter Matt Smith he was talking about! 

Don’t forget Tielemons. 

Soyuncu looks like he’s fine , Wesley bit off it but still a beast.

I think we suffered more from losing Wilf. Everton sh*thoused us and we had no answers, despite knicking an equaliser through more luck than opening them up.

We played some good stuff but I’m suprised to hear we deserved to win as we didn’t really create much substantially and arguably were lucky to not lose, Pickford is an awful keeper.

The problem is without Ndidi, there’s too much pressure on our back 4 when we’re caught with more space to exploit. It was one of those games where we were so much better on the ball than Everton but they were a real threat ok the counter and set pieces and crosses constantly.

We will really miss Wilf if he’s out for more than a few games.

Good point for me though, tough game and backs were firmly against the wall and Tielemens is just such a world class player. I do think though that if Everton had Allan and/or Docoure, there’s no way we get back into it.

• Sad 1

Went behind - and we often struggle when behind, especially against a defensive side

Lost our main MF rock, Ndidi, early on

Some of the build up play was exciting and progressive - passing with purpose has improved

Perez puts in a shift for the team (like Albrighton), needs to be stronger though, likely to be more creative against a team like Leeds, easy target (like Albrighton)

That's a good point in the circumstances, especially without Vardy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does feel a bit like a missed opportunity but if you can't win, don't lose. They were absolutely loathsome. How can a team with their resources, ambitions of European football and one of the most successful managers of all time churn out performances like that at home? Spurs and Wolves deservedly get a lot of shit for negativity but that was right up there. Tom Davies is a total rodent.

Set pieces again a huge concern. Fofana and Castagne were uncharacteristically poor. Tielemans the pick of the bunch again, so presuambly he'll be the next to get injured. Not particularly surprised to see Perez coming in for more than his fair share of stick. I'd maybe rather see Iheanacho playing if we're going one up front but both of them look infinitely better when they're playing off somebody so not sure it'd really make too much difference, nor would it have done tonight against their parked bus. I do think that, erratic though he is, Under should be starting on the right in the absence of Vardy, though I suspect we'll see Albrighton again on Sunday as the safer option.

Unbeaten in 9, Man Utd lost, one or both of Liverpool and Spurs dropping points tomorrow. Could be much, much worse.

• Like 2

I think Perez deserves some credit, did fairly well, huge hole to try and fill with Vards being out.

Felt like such a one sided game, would have taken a point before the game but feel slightly disappointed to only get 1.

Hopefully beat Leeds on Sunday and it will be a good points return for those two.

Annoying to not take advantage of United’s slip up... 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Don't want to piss on your chips, bit that's the correct pronunciation. 

But it's not how we talk and it sounds stupid trying to do it. It's pronounced like that because the language has certain characteristics, characteristics we don't have in English so it just sounds silly. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Other than possibly games against Liverpool, we have never and I doubt would ever be as passive as Everton were tonight whilst Brendan is in charge. Whilst their defensive set up was impressive, their general approach to the game was embarrassing. If we ever played like that under Rodgers (with the exception of maybe playing man c or liverpool) we would be appalled. Of course it is all about points at the end of the day but considering Everton have a world class manager and an extremely expensive  team, they were woeful tonight. They will be nowhere near the top 4 with performances like that  and its exactly why the media wont give them any credit. They are a slightly better version of Burnley but have the likes of James to drag them out the shit with a moment of magic 

I would n't knock Burnley, I think Sean Dyche has now got a bit of cash (and a penalty !!!) and imo any team managed by Dyche even a cheap one will always be tough to play as will any team that get 110% out of players. Burnley have been doing that since the 1950s and maybe before that. If he has got money he won't rush to spend it. he knows he can't win the league this year.

21 minutes ago, youngvolki said:

Couldn't watch the match,how did Caglar and Fofana do as a pairing for the first time? Granted it was only for  like 15mins but maybe there were already signs of them complementing each others playing style

Poor, nearly cost us the Match. Though Soyuncu did play a couple of great Balls which we nearly scored from.

Probably should have won the game and seeing how the other results fell we missed the opportunity to get among the Manchester clubs. It felt like the moment we scored we lost control for a little bit and couldn't get back that momentum which led to the goal. It's a shame because Everton came forward a little more and that would have been perfect for Vardy.  

Sometimes I feel we could do with working on changing it up during our attacks. I never really feel the opposition were in danger when we get in behind or take it to the line for the ball to be whipped in. There's a few times we should have hurt them but the ball either never makes it past their first defender or we decide to shoot from some crazy acute angle. I'm aware Mads scored a goal from that position a couple of games ago so I'm not saying we should never try it, more switch it up. 

I thought Perez played well and works hard. Having him, Barns and Under constantly rotating might be a good way of replacing Vardy.

JJ just goes from strength to strength. Absolutely wonderful player. Personally would have given him MOTM. 

55 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Well, albrighton didn’t do anything at all? I didn’t see him take on his man at all today... 

Not defending albrighton either, he had his worst game for a while. But I didn’t see anything from cengo to suggest he should start ahead of him. Although that could be the better option when vards is out. 

10 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

I would n't knock Burnley, I think Sean Dyche has now got a bit of cash (and a penalty !!!) and imo any team managed by Dyche even a cheap one will always be tough to play as will any team that get 110% out of players. Burnley have been doing that since the 1950s and maybe before that. If he has got money he won't rush to spend it. he knows he can't win the league this year.

Not knocking them, Dyche does a job with the budget he has but they have one way of playing and its dreadful most of the time. Time will tell if Dyche can do anything with money or whether he carries on with his hoofball to the big men up front routine 

Take that point at a difficult away trip usually for the foxes. I think it's safe to say that result could have gone either way in the second half, even with Leicester's dominant spells there was still moments in the game where it shown Everton could catch us on the counter. Think tonight we missed Vardy most, even when he doesn't score his presents on the pitch certainly boosts the teams confidence and keeps the oppisition mindful of his pace. Brendan really should rethink bringing another striker.

Edited by Leicesterpool

30 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Soyuncu looks like he’s fine , Wesley bit off it but still a beast.

I think we suffered more from losing Wilf. Everton sh*thoused us and we had no answers, despite knicking an equaliser through more luck than opening them up.

We played some good stuff but I’m suprised to hear we deserved to win as we didn’t really create much substantially and arguably were lucky to not lose, Pickford is an awful keeper.

The problem is without Ndidi, there’s too much pressure on our back 4 when we’re caught with more space to exploit. It was one of those games where we were so much better on the ball than Everton but they were a real threat ok the counter and set pieces and crosses constantly.

We will really miss Wilf if he’s out for more than a few games.

Good point for me though, tough game and backs were firmly against the wall and Tielemens is just such a world class player. I do think though that if Everton had Allan and/or Docoure, there’s no way we get back into it.

We created quite a few chances, and moved the ball quite Beautifulkg at timss,including First half, wly just wasnt Clinical enough, Too many Blocked shots,

but we did create..

Edited by fuchsntf