Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Terrible TV Coverage

50 minutes ago, eblair said:

muted half time cos couldnt be bothered for the everton love fest

heard rachel brown (ex-keeper) tried to say kasper would be disappointed not to have got close to james' shot, trying to work out if she actually said this

Not sure who but they said that Pickford had no chance for their goal!

I said on the match thread that it really did feel like BT had put all the resources into the coverage of the United game and they'd quickly erected a studio and dragged a couple of people off the street to do some punditry. 

I didn't think the commentary was actually that bad, but the studio discussion was awful to the point of embarrassing. The lady pundit spoke like she'd never seen us play a game before other than to trot out a few 'safe' lines about Vardy. 

16 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I said on the match thread that it really did feel like BT had put all the resources into the coverage of the United game and they'd quickly erected a studio and dragged a couple of people off the street to do some punditry. 

I didn't think the commentary was actually that bad, but the studio discussion was awful to the point of embarrassing. The lady pundit spoke like she'd never seen us play a game before other than to trot out a few 'safe' lines about Vardy. 

I'm sure she said that Pickford didn't get anywhere near saving Rodriguez's shot for there goal aswell 😔

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

They couldn’t even do the basics, like identify the players on the pitch, and Savage didn’t even attempt to provide any input. 

Still, better to listen to them than watch that “football” from Everton. 

Edited by The_77
Spelling

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Had United won today you just know there would have been a lovefest for the "Manchester Title Race". As it is, little old Leicester closed the gap :thumbup:

Man City's to lose as it stands. Unreal. Thought they were out of running two weeks ago. A very open league this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I said this on another thread... but when she was talking about ‘flanks’ at the start was utterly embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Am i the only one who doesn't have a clue what anyone is going on about in these 3 pages? 

I'm usually the first to pick up on this kind of thing but didn't notice anything out the ordinary? I did however notice he told everyone what area Robbie Savage lived in at one point, to which it fell silent for 30 seconds lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Well if its any consolation to everyone, I deliberately avoided BT Sports and found a stream of Astro Sports, the commentators were Peter drury and Andy Townsend and I can confirm their coverage was fkin awful too! 

I watched the first half on BT and because the commentary/punditry was so appalling I switched to the channel with Drury and Townsend at HT. Believe me when I say the latter was far far better than the BT coverage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Well if its any consolation to everyone, I deliberately avoided BT Sports and found a stream of Astro Sports, the commentators were Peter drury and Andy Townsend and I can confirm their coverage was fkin awful too! 

THE TOFFEES HAVE BECOME UNSTUCK!!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The_77 said:

Also famously shouted:

“ULLOOOOAAAAAAA!!!!”

”The Leicester gift that keeps on giving!”

“That is a gem! He is a gem in this jewel of a Leicester season!”
"They're not just beating the richest club in the land, they’re ripping ‘em up on their own patch! Why shouldn’t they be champions?”

Every commentator gets a little too worked up in the moment but Drury has definitely had some iconic lines for great Leicester scenes. 

I dont mind Drury in interviews and normal commentary but when someone scores he's unbearable, the stuff he comes out with sound either scripted or massively forced soundbites.

As I said in another thread, Gomes is pronounced as Gomesh so no problems there. I prefer commentators to try to get things right though he did mangle a few. More of an issue to my ears was Davies as Daveees. It is pronounced as Davis despite the e. 

The major thing was seemingly getting some facts wrong such as the Ndidi debut game. I thought we won that but maybe wrong? 

I think others have mentioned that BT Sport have probably bit off more than they can true doing 20 games over 2 weeks. That's probably over 100 people needed when you take into account the studio guests and production team. 

What really annoys me is that guests either seem to be ex-pros who are hit and miss or female of any standard, doesn't really matter as it ticks the equality box. That lady last night was truly awful and she'd obviously got the gig from her gender not her ability. Steve McManaman is awful and when he gets the gig it's off being a household name once upon a time. 

There seems to be no real thought behind the recruitment of these people, just "he'll do" or "she'll do" there must me a plethora of talent out there untapped, it's frustrating. 

As for BT Sport, they keep bragging about how they have all the games over the next two weeks, that's great if you can afford to have BT Sport isn't it? At least Amazon seems good value and is more accessible with their model, everything about BT just stinks at the moment.  

14 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

As I said in another thread, Gomes is pronounced as Gomesh so no problems there. I prefer commentators to try to get things right though he did mangle a few. More of an issue to my ears was Davies as Daveees. It is pronounced as Davis despite the e. 

The major thing was seemingly getting some facts wrong such as the Ndidi debut game. I thought we won that but maybe wrong? 

Maybe it's pronounced Gomesh in another language but it's an English TV channel and it's not pronounced like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2