Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Terrible TV Coverage

watched it on a moody stream Azerbaijahn tv so called Idman tv.....commentary was great didnt know we had shmeeeeeeeeeeeekel in goal Foooooorrrrrrrfaaaaana

emphasis on fooooooooorrrrrrrrrr and Banes..........oh apparently no vardy no party it was so entertaining much better than BT.  Also had a nice interpretation of their military might at halftime with them blitzing some poor locals ......highly entertaining evening alround

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

It is a separate point, but BT seem to persistently attach Robbie Savage to commentary on our games.

Presumably because of his past connection to our club.

I hate it when BT and Sky put MacMannaman or Carragher on Liverpool and Everton games, or Neville on Man United games.

I don't want the "connection" I would rather see knowledgeable comments and insight.

And it really winds opposition fans up (Remember Carragher shouting for a penalty against us).

It's why I admired Ally McCoist's input as a Co-Commentator on the Amazon games, but I don't really want to hear him on a Glasgow Rangers game.

It's notable at the moment that BT are assigning their pundits on regional basis. Last night had McManaman at Burnley, Hoddle at Chelsea, Savage at Everton and Sidwell at Brighton. They all live near those grounds (that said I could be very wrong and BT don't actually have anyone at the grounds)

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's notable at the moment that BT are assigning their pundits on regional basis. Last night had McManaman at Burnley, Hoddle at Chelsea, Savage at Everton and Sidwell at Brighton. They all live near those grounds (that said I could be very wrong and BT don't actually have anyone at the grounds)

If they'd not been at the ground then I think it's likely that Savage had technical difficulties last night rather than out right ignoring him.

I know they weren't there for the Europa games but thought they go to the ground for the PL?

I'm sure the commentator was talking about the rain at one point as if he was experiencing it, but I wouldn't put it past him to be pretending the rain was pouring down his brow and he's sat in his shower at home or something ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Is it Portuguese? My friend's Portuguese wife from Estoril says it as Gomes. With a sh sound. I'll go with her not a Google. 

I'm with you.

Can you ask your friend's wife to recommend the "best free pdf editor" for me please. I was going to Google it, but I prefer your friend's wife's explanations now.

• Haha 4

I turned the fookin sound off early on before I put a brick through the screen ...  after that stupid bint at the beginning talking codswallop and all the Gomesh Castan etc bolox ...   it was all just too much !!

Mind you ...   I was already in a sh1t mood after being done for speeding ...    in a clapped out old Ford Ranger ffs that does 0 to 60 in 3 days !!!

Savage and macca spout the same old nonsense every match & we recruit well (in general)

Our free kicks/set pieces are dangerous (they're not)

The main commentator will 100% mention us dropping off to 5th (change the record)

And yesterday the female goalie pundit was awful. Alex Scott is the best female pundit by a long way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RGFox said:

That reminds me... Paul Dempsey loved pronouncing Gomez as Gomeshhhh :D

And RicharliSON

Castan

TeeleeMON

And Ffona

I've never felt myself getting so wound up over the most trivial thing before in my life lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Absolutely nothing against women pundits, but don't embarrass yourselves - that was cringe worthy to watch.

Rachel Brown-Finnis, like a lot of the male pundits does little research and struggles to string a sentence together.

People complain about Alex Scott, but seems to genuinely put the work in, and speaks clearly and put her point across well. And for all the grief she's had lately, Karen Carney isn't usually too bad.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Now fair play to @shen for pointing out Dempsey got a couple of them wrong but it's probably better to try and fail than to just use a blanket approach of pronouncing everyone's names like they're English. 

I'm not so sure about this.

If i lived France i would probably expect most the locals to pronouce my first name their French way.  

It's a simple enough name, but because they tend to have pure vowel sounds instead of dipthongs ... and because they put equal stress on syllables, rather than typically the first syllable ... it would sound completely different.

It wouldn't bother me one iota.  In fact, it would be be a bit strange if they did pronounce it the "English way".

6 hours ago, Vacamion said:

It is a separate point, but BT seem to persistently attach Robbie Savage to commentary on our games.

Presumably because of his past connection to our club.

I hate it when BT and Sky put MacMannaman or Carragher on Liverpool and Everton games, or Neville on Man United games.

I don't want the "connection" I would rather see knowledgeable comments and insight.

And it really winds opposition fans up (Remember Carragher shouting for a penalty against us).

It's why I admired Ally McCoist's input as a Co-Commentator on the Amazon games, but I don't really want to hear him on a Glasgow Rangers game.

Have no worries, Savage is no Leicester cheerleader and pro the club in the way Carragher or Neville is.

• Like 1

Goodison park is a complete and utter shit hole...and that is the very essence of why it’s one of the best stadiums in the country for me. Might sound like hipster bollocks but I’d take a falling to pieces, wooden dive in the middle of terraced houses over somewhere like the Emirates or the Etihad any day. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Manini said:

Goodison park is a complete and utter shit hole...and that is the very essence of why it’s one of the best stadiums in the country for me. Might sound like hipster bollocks but I’d take a falling to pieces, wooden dive in the middle of terraced houses over somewhere like the Emirates or the Etihad any day. 

If their new stadium, (in some dockland area) gets the go-ahead, it's bound to look great when finished.

It obviously seems like they've very ambitious with their future plans for the club, but it should start from improving the quality of the team and recruitment practices first - rather than a massive new build.

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If their new stadium, (in some dockland area) gets the go-ahead, it's bound to look great when finished.

It obviously seems like they've very ambitious with their future plans for the club, but it should start from improving the quality of the team and recruitment practices first - rather than a massive new build.

I’m not sure if the Mayor of Liverpool is still in the nick, probably on bail, but according to some natives from that neck of the woods if he loses his position there’s a strong chance it won’t be approved. That could just be blue v red bollocks though. 

• Thanks 1