Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Terrible TV Coverage

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I didn't even realise Paul Demsey did football comms - first time I've heard him do a game.

He's been on the boxing for years and usually pretty good.

Maybe BT were short staffed tonight. Stick to the boxing Paul.

He commentators on football quite regularly on BT.

1 minute ago, Mud said:

I couldn't believe what I was hearing at times tonight. Sounded like he just guessed about the result in Ndidi's debut in the cup match. Feel like I'm immune to Savage now as he seems to get the gig on every one of our games. 

This is a poor defence, but he got the result at Everton wring but he got the mood music right. 

When wilf joined we were in a right old.mess and going down. As Demosey is a guy who might have a vested interest in us, he was probably quoting the general vibe he could recall around the place at the time 

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

"Gomish" is OK if you are trying to impress the locals on holiday but in commentary, it just makes you sound like the kind of pretentious wazzock who says the capital of France is "Paree" in all situations.

Problem with the "shh" on the end is the fine line between sounding sophisticated or Schteve McClaren fake Dootch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

To be honest, I was more concerned with the commentator calling Everton's approach a tactical masterplan instead of a Stokesque shithousing, whilst giving Mike Dean the usual free pass.

100% this, I felt like throwing the tv out the window them banging on about how great it was. Sticking every player behind the ball isn’t genius tactics. Lumping balls forwards isn’t revolutionary. They all cried at Everton about Big Sam style of football, yet Carlo is a god !!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

You should’ve seen her cock up the FA Cup draw a few weeks back. 

I can't word what I want to say without sounding horrendously sexist but put it this way - if Claire Balding was a footballing polymath she still wouldn't be in with a shout of getting that gig off of her. 

29 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

That women pundit, I’m sorry was Probably the worst pundit I’ve ever watched. Yes we get Jamie Vardy is injured can you offer anything else to the viewers. The tit said Ndidi debut came in a comfortable lost in the fa cup ?!!!!! Musa got both and we beat them 2-1 ffs !!! The wank fest over Everton defending was sickening. Robbie savage is a bellend who seems half asleep most of the game. Rather listen to stringz and pipez.

Yea she was shocking, spoke utter crap pretty much with every sentence.

The Everton love in was sickening. If they played amazing then I could understand but how could they praise that crap.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Well if its any consolation to everyone, I deliberately avoided BT Sports and found a stream of Astro Sports, the commentators were Peter drury and Andy Townsend and I can confirm their coverage was fkin awful too! 

Drury uses lovely poems but he knows fvck all about Leicester and has a raging hard on for the concept of ‘big clubs’. He famously shouted “There’s your fairytale” when Welbeck scored in the last minute.