Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Terrible TV Coverage

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Wilfred Ndidi's debut came in a match at Everton we lost comfortably (actually won 2-1).

Tiellermonz, Castagg, Gomesh.

Sounded like a fan talking to the bloke next to him.

Terrible.

That is actually how you pronounce Gomes. Most commentators get it wrong. Same with Fernandes it’s fernandesh. But agree it was awful. Castagne was particularly annoying me!

• Like 1

I usually don't mind Paul Dempsey. He can be good to listen to but today, not so much.

Got annoyed with how many times they mentioned we'd lost to Liverpool earlier on in the season. Once is fine if discussing our away record but they must have mentioned it about 5, 6 times? Needless to do so so frequently.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

How bad was that?

Had any of them done any research whatsoever?

I thought this. 

They didn’t even tell us who Under had replaced for a good 5 minutes.

Also, not that it’s BTs fault but the camera angle from Goodison is absolutely sh!te.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I usually don't mind Paul Dempsey. He can be good to listen to but today, not so much.

Got annoyed with how many times they mentioned we'd lost to Liverpool earlier on in the season. Once is fine if discussing our away record but they must have mentioned it about 5, 6 times? Needless to do so so frequently.

Almost as annoying as saying how we needed to improve our home form in the last game.

There's been some shocking commentating this season which I can only put down to the fact that every game is televised so you can't always have the best. Particularly awful insight tonight and zero chemistry with Robbie. Sounded like he was trying to flirt with him half the time and Savage just blanked him. 

• Haha 2

I couldn't believe what I was hearing at times tonight. Sounded like he just guessed about the result in Ndidi's debut in the cup match. Feel like I'm immune to Savage now as he seems to get the gig on every one of our games. 

I didn't even realise Paul Demsey did football comms - first time I've heard him do a game.

He's been on the boxing for years and usually pretty good.

Maybe BT were short staffed tonight. Stick to the boxing Paul.

Guest seanfox778

The commentator was crap though. Even Savage left him hanging a few times and there was just silence after he asked him a question. 

Edited by seanfox778