Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Going to WBA

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not feeling this. People on here say that there are no Arsenal players who would get into our first XI and then we sign one of their reserves??

Yes but people on here's opinions aren't always, how do I word this, well they are a few that make me want to peel off my face. 

I'll trust those paid and experienced in scouting. (minus @Ric Flair's, his opinion trumps all)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes but people on here's opinions aren't always, how do I word this, well they are a few that make me want to peel off my face. 

I'll trust those paid and experienced in scouting. (minus @Ric Flair's, his opinion trumps all)

Know nothing about him but people are saying that he hasn’t been played in his most favoured position of midfield.

Could be a masterstroke if he comes in. 

Edited by Lineker's Left Foot

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Ironically, if Southampton don't go for AMN it's because they will be going for Billy Gilmour. 

Quite - this was my thinking too, so couldn't we.....

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Quite - this was my thinking too, so couldn't we.....

I would definately prefer Gilmour. Not just from a foot falling perspective but the lads hometown is on a few miles from where I'm from, same district. 

Leicester are the England international’s preferred destination and if a move to the King Power Stadium does not materialise there is a good chance he will choose to remain at Arsenal. The Foxes have considered taking Maitland-Niles on loan with an option to buy but Arsenal would rather it was an obligation 

If he's not capable of breaking into Arsenal's midfield, none of which are good enough to displace any of ours, why is he considered good enough for us?

On the other hand there is the entertainment value, wasn't his mother given a life ban for turning up at Arsenal and causing trouble because her son wasn't being picked? Could we not sign her as part of the deal as personal trainer for Perez and Iheanacho to sharpen their ideas up. What's she like on set pieces, perhaps a slightly different approach with Maddison might do the trick. Perhaps a bit of fear could work wonders?

9 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Leicester are the England international’s preferred destination and if a move to the King Power Stadium does not materialise there is a good chance he will choose to remain at Arsenal. The Foxes have considered taking Maitland-Niles on loan with an option to buy but Arsenal would rather it was an obligation 

I bet they would, that sounds like he's surplus to requirements which means he's not good enough for them now even as back up, so why would he be here?

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Haha 1

Looking at his highlight reels you can see why we would want him - dynamic, versatile, strong on the ball - he is somewhat of a utility player, which would be useful for us. However, there is presumably a reason he couldn’t establish himself in a very average Arsenal side. 

100% a better signing than Chalobah looks on paper. Slight Oxlade-Chamberlain vibes about him. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Given the other rumoured realistic options, this has to be the best one. Unless someone else appears today.

Versatile and has something to prove. 

I agree. Obviously I would prefer a really exciting signing to come out of nowhere but with this lad, at best we start him at CM and he has a fire lit under him and really tries to prove a point and at worst, we have a player on the bench who can cover about 8 different positions....

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Stinks of no ambition, last year we failed to secure a CL spot because we didn't strengthen in January doing it once is forgivable doing it twice is not.

How can you possibly accuse the club of a lack of ambition when they're just moved into what is arguably the best training facility in the world?

Give over.

• Like 3