Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Going to WBA

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Mentioned this the other day that Maitland-Niles was the player we are after in the Targets thread. I’ve heard Chalobah is the back up option if we can’t get AMN in. He wants to leave Arsenal and come to us. Personally I think he’s a player with great potential that has been untapped at Arsenal. 

Any idea on price? I know loan has been mentioned but that would be a strange move from Arsenal's POV.

Just now, sdb said:

Any idea on price? I know loan has been mentioned but that would be a strange move from Arsenal's POV.

It’s a loan but the last I’d heard they aren’t prepared to let him go unless there’s an obligation to buy and we want an option to buy instead. He was close to joining Wolves in the summer before Arsenal pulled the plug after the Community Shield performance and said he would get games. By all accounts he’s ready to move on. 

• Like 1

If he had good potential, why would Arsenal in their position be willing to send him off on-loan - especiall, potentiallyto a club like up in the more upper reaches of the top-flight league?

Edited by Wymsey

Looking for comps of him on youtube and all I see in the comments is how lazy he apparently is

As Maddison said in that interview after Chelsea, the big thing in a Rodgers side is that you don't play if you don't do the dirty work or the running

Never know though, could be that he has just got fed up of being at Arsenal and just wants a fresh start

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If he had good potential, why would Arsenal in their position be willing to send him off on-loan - especiall, potentiallyto a club like up in the more upper reaches of the top-flight league?

Arsenal see him as a wing back/full back, he doesn’t want to play there and wants to be seen as a midfielder - which is the position he played in youth football. He wants to leave Arsenal by all accounts. 

23 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Mentioned this the other day that Maitland-Niles was the player we are after in the Targets thread. I’ve heard Chalobah is the back up option if we can’t get AMN in. He wants to leave Arsenal and come to us. Personally I think he’s a player with great potential that has been untapped at Arsenal. 

Thanks for repeating exactly what’s been reported in the media all morning, I’ll be sure to think of GingerrrFox and the information you brought us when Maitlajd-Niles signs and Brendan says Chalobah was the other option. 

8 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Speaking to my best mate who’s an Arsenal fan, says he’s very talented and very quick, but has the tendency to be lazy which want work under Rodgers

Thinks the move would be good for the player as he thinks Arteta is a bit stubborn and won’t play him.

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Speaking to my best mate who’s an Arsenal fan, says he’s very talented and very quick, but has the tendency to be lazy which want work under Rodgers

Thinks the move would be good for the player as he thinks Arteta is a bit stubborn and won’t play him.

Attitudes can change, a fresh start and an opportunity might change his idea

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I was reading the Arsenal forum and I from what I've read, it seems like a fresh start is exactly what this lad need. 

It sounds like he's had his enthusiasm and love for the game sucked out of him at Arsenal by being repeatedly asked to play as a fullback when his heart is in midfield.  

A club like Leicester taking a chance on him and playing him in his preferred role might light a bit of a fire under him and he'll be wanting to prove a point. 

I wasn't keen on this at first but it's amazing what a link to Nathaniel Chalobah will do to your opinion. 

Honestly if it's a reasonable price, I'm happy to take a chance on him.