Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Going to WBA

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Looking at his highlight reels you can see why we would want him - dynamic, versatile, strong on the ball - he is somewhat of a utility player, which would be useful for us. However, there is presumably a reason he could establish himself in a very average Arsenal side. 

100% a better signing than Chalobah looks on paper. Slight Oxlade-Chamberlain vibes about him. 

Without looking at his highlights reel, he hasn’t ever really broke into the Arsenal team and we are the better team.

I’m not against this by the way, he will be a good squad, versatile squad player- just pointing out that highlights reels can be misleading.

Another consideration, he seems to be a good egg in the dressing room, we don't want someone coming in and causing damage to the squad moral. As a club we always talk about getting the right personality in as well quality on the pitch. 

He's clearly not our first choice but I'd say he offers more than Hamza and he's certainly not as bad as some on hear make out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think this is really quite unfair, especially in these times - its not like are an outlier and people are strengthening around us. Oh, and they bought a 100m training ground....

Football is about being fair, its about being ruthless and taking your opportunities.

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, we could be looking back in a couple of season time know we missed two chance to be in the top 4 because we failed to strengthen in January 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Last time I looked buildings don't play football matches.

No, they don't.

Thankfully the players that have us 4th ahead of Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal do though.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Without looking at his highlights reel, he hasn’t ever really broke into the Arsenal team and we are the better team.

I’m not against this by the way, he will be a good squad, versatile squad player- just pointing out that highlights reels can be misleading.

That’s more or less what I said there, has to be a reason he didn’t break into that Arsenal side. Arsenal supporting mates suggest Arteta shows favouritism towards Bellerin despite performances, but AMN doesn’t want to be a RB anyway. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Football is about being fair, its about being ruthless and taking your opportunities.

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, we could be looking back in a couple of season time know we missed two chance to be in the top 4 because we failed to strengthen in January 

Our process of organic growth seems ok so far, so rather than your bang/bust approach, I hope we stick with our current trajectory rather than passing Sunderland on the way down :rolleyes:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think this is really quite unfair, especially in these times - its not like are an outlier and people are strengthening around us. Oh, and they bought a 100m training ground....

We can’t use the training ground as an excuse that will come out a different pot anyway, not the transfer money. They run the club well they wouldn’t see dry because of a new training facilities. I’d say the striker issue is because we can’t get our target which annoys me because another one could get us top 4, personally I’d try loan someone in and I can’t see us being after Eduardo because I think we could get him now if we wanted him. 

Just now, dannythefox said:

We can’t use the training ground as an excuse that will come out a different pot anyway, not the transfer money. They run the club well they wouldn’t see dry because of a new training facilities. I’d say the striker issue is because we can’t get our target which annoys me because another one could get us top 4, personally I’d try loan someone in and I can’t see us being after Eduardo because I think we could get him now if we wanted him. 

we obviously are tightening the purse strings just like everyone else in the league (not sure Liverpool really want to be buying a CB from Preston but they are) its been tough. 

We were never going to sign a Striker in January. No club would sell a striker that is in form and if they werent inform we wouldnt want him anyway. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Yes, you are of course correct, those finances fall into differing 'buckets'. The issue with a striker is a concerning one, but we have made several cock-ups already (Slim, Nacho) so hope our targets are being extensively evaluated and we move in the Summer, but the pandemic must impact finances

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Strengthening in January doesn't guarantee success though. If it was as black and white as that then i would understand your argument. 

I don't think January is the time to make huge buys. Where fees are inflated based on clubs situations. If Rodgers thinks AMN would be a good addition to the squad then bring him in and lets see. I just hope it doesn't impact on Dewsbury Hall as i think he could be a valuable player for us.

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Despair at this thread. 

Who'd have wanted Albrighton? Couldn't get into a poor Villa squad. Huth? Ageing and can't get into Stoke's 11. Evans? Relegated with West Brom, why would we want him here?

Some people never learn.

Will AMN work out? Maybe, maybe not. But his not getting into another side has little bearing on whether he will fulfill his purpose here.

finally! someone with a bit of sense. We have learnt from our mistakes if you ask me on signings. We haven't got one wrong in a while and you have to trust the club and the scouts.