Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Nathaniel Chalobah

I think I am the only one to not mind this. 
- Premier League experience

- Rodgers has worked with him before

- Not tearing up trees for Watford but neither was Simpson at QPR and I would back our squad, coaching & structure to get the best out of him 

- Would add strength in depth as we are across 3 competitions

- Loan with option to buy can’t hurt

this has potential and if it doesn’t work out - fitness or form then send him back.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I think I am the only one to not mind this. 
- Premier League experience

- Rodgers has worked with him before

- Not tearing up trees for Watford but neither was Simpson at QPR and I would back our squad, coaching & structure to get the best out of him 

- Would add strength in depth as we are across 3 competitions

- Loan with option to buy can’t hurt

this has potential and if it doesn’t work out - fitness or form then send him back.

For me, it's not so much the player (although it's not exactly exciting) but rather the position. We don't need another DM. We need an attacking midfielder.

An injury to Maddison today with Youri picking up a yellow and we have a midfield of Mendy and Hamza with Perez at #10 and Nacho up top... That's not a top 6 lineup. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

For me, it's not so much the player (although it's not exactly exciting) but rather the position. We don't need another DM. We need an attacking midfielder.

An injury to Maddison today with Youri picking up a yellow and we have a midfield of Mendy and Hamza with Perez at #10 and Nacho up top... That's not a top 6 lineup. 

Youri's yellow card suspension won't happen until 10 yellows now. But I do get your point though.

• Like 1

this would be a very very stupid move and would show our lack of preparation in all truth. No one was expecting a praet injury but if we really sign this lad on any basis, then i think youve ought to question how prepared we were coming into january. I dont think this is real though thankfully. If we bring rodgers a championship level cdm when he asked for a CAM several times then wed just be silly. Id prefer to sign no one than sign this lad. Hope this isnt a trend towards panic buying in january

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Would hope for a player with a bit more pedigree in all honesty. At least he is versatile.

Think the proof will be how the Watford fans react to the link too http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/chalobah.58042/#post-2958762

FFS, that is not pleasant reading. The Watford fans are happy to see him go without exception.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

this would be a very very stupid move and would show our lack of preparation in all truth. No one was expecting a praet injury but if we really sign this lad on any basis, then i think youve ought to question how prepared we were coming into january. I dont think this is real though thankfully. If we bring rodgers a championship level cdm when he asked for a CAM several times then wed just be silly. Id prefer to sign no one than sign this lad. Hope this isnt a trend towards panic buying in january

Well no-one expected Praet to get injured, and at a time where we couldn't give enough notice to Luton to bring KDH back.

In this current COVID-impacted market, there's probably not a lot out there to just cherry-pick who we want. Seems like we made tentative enquiries about Eriksen and I'm not surprised we've baulked given his/Inter's wage demands. Quite clearly we don't have so much money to just splash around.

Having said that, it's still underwhelming to be linked with Chalobah and I definitely don't think he's the only one we've enquired about or tried to get in already. I echo the sentiments about the panic-buying though. Maybe it's just a sign of the times. Wanting adequate cover and only very limited options being available. You say you'd rather sign no-one than Chalobah but what about when it comes to the point where we're missing midfielders due to injury/suspension and then we're crying out for some cover :dunno:

I don't like this thinking that we've done naff all for a whole month and suddenly decided to opt for Chalobah. That's just now how recruitment works these days. I think it's naive to aim that at the club to think they've not 'prepared' for this window. Clubs don't want to sell unless it's at a high premium because they don't know who they could get in to replace them, and clubs don't want to pay out so much money because the income isn't there any more due to COVID.

I very much doubt it's been as simple as Rudkin and whoever else in the hierarchy saying 'Rodgers wants a CAM so let's get him a CDM instead'. It's more foolish to think that than anything else. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

It’s Gilmour we’re after from Chelsea 

I’m not sure we’ll get it over the line though due to assurances needed on playing time 

Let’s see

No way do Chelsea lend us a player when they have an eye on our current CL spot which is the most vulnerable in the top four. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why sign someone that doesn't improve us in any way? 

Sorry didn't realise you knew this player inside out. We don't have any one in the squad that is fit to cover Tiliemens or Maddison so he does improve us. Anyone does. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Sorry didn't realise you knew this player inside out. We don't have any one in the squad that is fit to cover Tiliemens or Maddison so he does improve us. Anyone does. 

lol so just get anyone in then. Great transfer strategy. I guess you know loads about himnthough

12 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

It’s Gilmour we’re after from Chelsea 

I’m not sure we’ll get it over the line though due to assurances needed on playing time 

Let’s see

Why would Chelski help us out when we might be competing again for the same CL spot?

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well no-one expected Praet to get injured, and at a time where we couldn't give enough notice to Luton to bring KDH back.

In this current COVID-impacted market, there's probably not a lot out there to just cherry-pick who we want. Seems like we made tentative enquiries about Eriksen and I'm not surprised we've baulked given his/Inter's wage demands. Quite clearly we don't have so much money to just splash around.

Having said that, it's still underwhelming to be linked with Chalobah and I definitely don't think he's the only one we've enquired about or tried to get in already. I echo the sentiments about the panic-buying though. Maybe it's just a sign of the times. Wanting adequate cover and only very limited options being available. You say you'd rather sign no-one than Chalobah but what about when it comes to the point where we're missing midfielders due to injury/suspension and then we're crying out for some cover :dunno:

I don't like this thinking that we've done naff all for a whole month and suddenly decided to opt for Chalobah. That's just now how recruitment works these days. I think it's naive to aim that at the club to think they've not 'prepared' for this window. Clubs don't want to sell unless it's at a high premium because they don't know who they could get in to replace them, and clubs don't want to pay out so much money because the income isn't there any more due to COVID.

I very much doubt it's been as simple as Rudkin and whoever else in the hierarchy saying 'Rodgers wants a CAM so let's get him a CDM instead'. It's more foolish to think that than anything else. 

Agree with you i might have been overreacting a bit, given that covid has had a massive impact in itself. I just think we need to be a bit more ambitious, or even look at some short term deals or players on expiring contracts to not pay too much for anyone. Thats why i liked the idea of otavio so much, but given his injury, it doesnt seem likely now. 

Id much rather sign an older player for a reduced fee that can do something in the short term than have a ryan bennett situation again. I reckon the board knows this as well and rationally thinking, this is just a smoke screen. 

Gilmour wants a loan but Tuchel said this the other day:

For what it's worth, Gilmour would be a more inspired signing than Chalobah, but I wonder if Chelsea don't fancy lending us one of their decent players which helps get us top 4. If Tuchel wants him to have the experience (and does allow any loan) it'll be to a side that threatens Chelsea less for that top 4 CL spot - dare I say Everton or Southampton, even Leeds.