Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Nathaniel Chalobah

37 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

From Eriksen to this.. the Leicester way lol 

ThE LeIcEsTeR wAy....

Our recruitment was so good in the last two seasons that our two best players from last season are having to fight for a place in the team after injury...

I know links and signings like this are frustrating, but that's the market right now, if BR just wants a squad body and he'd be happy with this as the option then so be it. We'll do our main business in the summer when things are a bit more back to normal.

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He won’t be, it’s desperation last minute job if we can’t get in other targets.

Praet isn’t really an ACM either is he? 

Started his career as an ACM but plays a more robust box to box role than a natural ACM. The thing with Chalobah is, he's never ever been creative or attacking and Rodgers words were in regard to us needing an attacking player and then Hamza can go as DCM is not a huge concern for us. 

Chalobah is evidently going to be about plan k in our list of targets and probably someone offered to us than who we have considered off our own back but people go back to Bennett as an example of just having to get the best out of a bad lot but we didn't have any defenders already on our books available but we have Hamza and Chalobah and Choudhury aren't too dissimilar in style IMO. I'd rather we keep him if that's the only scenario here.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

ThE LeIcEsTeR wAy....

Our recruitment was so good in the last two seasons that our two best players from last season are having to fight for a place in the team after injury...

I know links and signings like this are frustrating, but that's the market right now, if BR just wants a squad body and he'd be happy with this as the option then so be it. We'll do our main business in the summer when things are a bit more back to normal.

The problem is, we did nothing last January and it helped cost us the CL (from a much better starting position.  If there were any possible way we really should have recalled KDH.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

ThE LeIcEsTeR wAy....

I was joking it wasn’t that deep lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

For me, it's not so much the player (although it's not exactly exciting) but rather the position. We don't need another DM. We need an attacking midfielder.

An injury to Maddison today with Youri picking up a yellow and we have a midfield of Mendy and Hamza with Perez at #10 and Nacho up top... That's not a top 6 lineup. 

Let’s not forget Praet but I see your point, maybe they are looking at one also. It looks to me as if he is trying to get a permanent position such as Hamza off the books and backfill with a loan option or 2 to cover both positions.

40 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Unbelievable how many people that don't seem to understand.

We want to send Hamza out on loan. We will need someone who can play in the cups and sit on the bench if Mendy and Ndidi get injured.

There isn't a single top 6 standard midfielder that would join us right now to play that role.

The options are this or recall KDH. Trouble is is that we want KDH to get game time too 

Guarantee that whomever we sign will not be a Leicester player come the start of next season. We will get a temp in now and sign someone proper in the summer. The same as Bennett to Fofana.

All true. But Bennett was sh*te. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Unbelievable how many people that don't seem to understand.

We want to send Hamza out on loan. We will need someone who can play in the cups and sit on the bench if Mendy and Ndidi get injured.

There isn't a single top 6 standard midfielder that would join us right now to play that role.

The options are this or recall KDH. Trouble is is that we want KDH to get game time too 

Guarantee that whomever we sign will not be a Leicester player come the start of next season. We will get a temp in now and sign someone proper in the summer. The same as Bennett to Fofana.

We actually want to sell Choudhury, a loan will be because nobody is willing to pay what we want but hope they'll agree to an option/obligation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Basically cashed a cheque already to confirm our place in the premier league for next season. So why not bid £20m now rather than the summer for Edouard!!

It's not even that, we could agree with Celtic a loan with an obligation to buy or pay the £15-20m in instalments and the outlay is no more than what we've just saved in getting Slimani and Gray gone to the 20/21 accounts. 

We're not going to be the only team to make odd signings tomorrow.

Liverpool are more than likely to sign Shkodran Mustafi on a 5 month contract and he's one of the worst defenders this league has ever seen lol

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We're not going to be the only team to make odd signings tomorrow.

Liverpool are more than likely to sign Shkodran Mustafi on a 5 month contract and he's one of the worst defenders this league has ever seen lol

Lots of clubs just looking for cheap stopgaps for the rest of the season, only team to have actually spent money is Villa on Sanson, every other deal has been a loan or a very cheap deal (like Snodgrass to West Brom)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

This would be a Big Sam style signing.  When no one decent  is available just get a body in that is going to help play 11 v 11 at Training.   This in fact would be a worse option that recalling KDH.

potentially up there with Molle Wague and Ryan Bennett.  Please God stop this from happening- the Samaritans in Leicester are already over worked.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

To be honest I'd rather have Michael Carroll up front than Ayoze Perez.

Andy Carroll you say? He could do a job, and he is an attacker...

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I think this could be a good signing and add some much need Height to the Team. I always liked him when he played against us. Brendan will try an invigorate him and get him back to his best.

Hi mods, how would I go about changing someone elses username?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3