Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Nathaniel Chalobah

I really dont understand the gameplan here...

Didn't BR specifically state that we were after an attacking minded player? This doesn't fit that bill. 

Unless we are after a winger/striker too but I've already resigned myself to one incoming player at best but if this is it, I would rather keep hold of Hamza. 

If we were in a relegation battle, links to the likes of Chalobah and AMN would make sense. Seeing as we are in a title challenge, neither of these are anywhere near good enough for what we need. May as well just play Mendy or Hamza

Anyone worried this means Wilf is worse than has been let on? 

If not, then this is just getting a body in isn't it. Bennett was never supposed to play last season, he was just a squad filler. The difference with this at least is that if we do have to give him minutes, it's not in as critical a position as Centre Back. 

Chalobah is a strange one, but every manager you hear from loves him, Southgate bloody adored him. Obviously Brendan will know him well as well as he brought him through I guess?

• Like 1

What a seriously underwhelming signing this would be.

I’ve watched him play for Watford quite a few times this season, he’s had a few good games, but most of the time he’s looked average to poor.

The most bizarre thing though is, he isn’t even an attacking midfielder.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Anyone worried this means Wilf is worse than has been let on? 

If not, then this is just getting a body in isn't it. Bennett was never supposed to play last season, he was just a squad filler. The difference with this at least is that if we do have to give him minutes, it's not in as critical a position as Centre Back. 

Chalobah is a strange one, but every manager you hear from loves him, Southgate bloody adored him. Obviously Brendan will know him well as well as he brought him through I guess?

Exactly, this was my concern, mentioned it earlier in this thread. Just hope we are way off base and it’s just Hamza cover.

• Like 1

Smoke screen? What type of smoke screen is this?

"No way Leicester are going to sign a player like Eriksen...."

"Why is that? "

"Better prospects available like  Charlobah mate"

It's like the smoke a cheap Christmas cracker would generate. 

Nothing like a major over reaction on foxes talk during a transfer window. Even if we bring him in it's not like he is going to be a regular he is just an option in Midfield. 

Bringing KDH back to basically sit on the bench for 6 months and maybe get 10 Mins here and there is pointless and could ruin him for next season. 

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Nothing like a major over reaction on foxes talk during a transfer window. Even if we bring him in it's not like he is going to be a regular he is just an option in Midfield. 

Bringing KDH back to basically sit on the bench for 6 months and maybe get 10 Mins here and there is pointless and could ruin him for next season. 

Why sign someone that doesn't improve us in any way? 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

To be honest, this sounds like a crap call, but our scouting has earnt a substantial amount of trust, and Rodgers probably also has credit in the bank (and even then I strongly doubt he will be given Carte Blanche on signings, due to our excellent record)

Our scouting has gained trust with permanent signings, but cheap loans have been absolute shite tbh. Bennett was woeful, I'm not sold on Under either. I would trust them to pick out long term signings, but these stop gap signings so far have not been great.

This is astonishing news but scratch the surface and he's one option that I'm pretty sure is because theres a day to go and his agent has probably contacted us and we are considering him amongst others, as Percy says.

If domestic signings are the only real option here with a day to go then theres very little choice is there? Juan Mata barely gets a game for Utd but they wont let a player come to us, nor will any of the top 6 as 2e are a genuine threat to them. We're almost our own worst enemies here.

Our best chance is getting McGregor or Christie from Celtic. Pay a £3m loan fee for them.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

This is astonishing news but scratch the surface and he's one option that I'm pretty sure is because theres a day to go and his agent has probably contacted us and we are considering him amongst others, as Percy says.

If domestic signings are the only real option here with a day to go then theres very little choice is there? Juan Mata barely gets a game for Utd but they wont let a player come to us, nor will any of the top 6 as 2e are a genuine threat to them. We're almost our own worst enemies here.

Our best chance is getting McGregor or Christie from Celtic. Pay a £3m loan fee for them.

Still hoping its McGregor to provide cover in three CM positions (6, 8 & 10). Would take AMN as best of the rest if we can't land him.

• Like 1