Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Under doesn’t work hard enough defensively and that’s why he’s not playing.

Rogers confirmed that in his post match interview 

Well that's just BS. What about madders? He offers very little defensively. From what I have seen, yes he isn't a Mark Albrighton defensively, but he offers so much more offensively. When you need some creative spark to break a team down let another player worry about being defensive and let's try and have that spark. Just absolute stubbornness from BR nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

See Rodgers post-match comments. Under wouldn't have been beneficial defensively as Albrighton was. Hence Neto going quiet and being brought off. 

Teams who qualify for the CL don't play every game fully dominating, super attacking, or that 'deserves to qualify for CL'. 

We're 3rd in the league so it's a bit dramatic to say that. Over halfway through the season and 3 points ahead of the current champions. That's what makes me think we currently deserve CL football, not a draw against Wolves in isolation. 

We were in better shape last year this time.

My concern ATM is, BR is approaching the games very conservatively lately.

We have approx. 70-30 offensive to defensive players ratio.

We simply can't have hail Mary attitude to every game and hoping the a few same players would bring attack and goals for us

• Like 3

Just now, kiwiturk said:

We simply can't have hail Mary attitude to every game and hoping the a few same players would bring attack and goals for us

It's working this season so far given our recent form and league standing... 

20 minutes ago, sycokilla said:

On the whole I agree with your analysis of Perez, but I disagree that he is suffering from the 'scapecoat role'. Since he has been here he always feels like one of the weakest links in our team and I do not think its going to be easy to sell him at anything but a big loss.

Nobody is obliged to agree with my point of view :) 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

See Rodgers post-match comments. Under wouldn't have been beneficial defensively as Albrighton was. Hence Neto going quiet and being brought off. 

Teams who qualify for the CL don't play every game fully dominating, super attacking, or that 'deserves to qualify for CL'. 

We're 3rd in the league so it's a bit dramatic to say that. Over halfway through the season and 3 points ahead of the current champions. That's what makes me think we currently deserve CL football, not a draw against Wolves in isolation. 

Fantastic post @StanSP

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Well that's just BS. What about madders? He offers very little defensively. From what I have seen, yes he isn't a Mark Albrighton defensively, but he offers so much more offensively. When you need some creative spark to break a team down let another player worry about being defensive and let's try and have that spark. Just absolute stubbornness from BR nothing else. 

Maddison's defensive work has improved massively in past year. 

It's apparent BR wants Ünder to increase his defensive work rate, if we know that it'll have been made clear to him. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Nacho wouldn't have got in that position in the 1st place. 

Jamie will be disappointed that he didn't score but it wasn't a sitter. 

That definitely wasn't a sitter.

My definition of a sitter is a slightly over weight 50 year old man, me, hitting the ball in the back of the net with 5 minutes to line myself up, with the goalkeeper missing in action, that simply requires the minimum force necessary to project the ball into the back of an open goal, with not even a blade of grass to get in the way.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

They play very different roles and madders does do a fair bit of tracking back. Re watch the Chelsea game it’s certainly highlighted if you pay attention to his movement. 

Would have taken a draw as a last resort before the game. Thought a few players looked jaded out there today but maybe that's because we were playing safe. Can see a few getitng rested against Brighton. Nacho back to his usual level so we looked a bit lightweight up top. Better one point than none so onwards and upwards.

Edited by l444ry

1 minute ago, sycokilla said:

I did not feel obliged, it was my own free will.

Well, someone has to I guess :)

Seriously, I understand people's frustrations with Perez, I don't think he's wonderful either. I just have an aversion to massive sweeping statements, where everything is either wonderful or shit. Neither am I am fan of people using ad hominems to try and undermine my standpoint, as one person did.

• Like 3

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, someone has to I guess :)

Seriously, I understand people's frustrations with Perez, I don't think he's wonderful either. I just have an aversion to massive sweeping statements, where everything is either wonderful or shit. Neither am I am fan of people using ad hominems to try and undermine my standpoint, as one person did.

I’m fed up with it too. Any given player has to be either BETTER THAN MESSI or WORSE THAN JUNIOR LEWIS - there is no in between.

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

Traore is so frustrating to watch, if he was playing for Leicester he would get so much stick. 

He runs but has no end product, I said that in my group chat and he whipped in that wicked cross which they nearly scored from. 

Still all pace and nothing else. Give me Lloyd Dyer any day of the week. 

Maybe so, doesn’t stop me sh*****ing myself every time he gets the ball though lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

What like the time we held on to wolves for a point last year? Without ndidi he's always going to favour more defensive minded players - the bloke is a freak and unbelievably important to how we play.

You would take 5 points from the last 3 away games, the problem was Leeds at home, well out home record in general. I just think lockdown football is odd and not football. Respect to the players as it must be so hard to play to empty stadiums and even harder to up their tempo. A top 6 finish would be another step forward and let’s hope we can keep players fit as injurys are killing all teams. Hope we play none of our first 11 in the cup, as some players clearly need a week off. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Rodgers is playing with the best we got, ..Not the best you & many other fans would like to believe we have..!!

• Like 2

Awful game today, a few points;

1. We didnt condense the pitch as much as them to match it and therefore couldn't pass from defence to centre midfield area quick enough.

2. Why persist with slow balling it down the left to Barnes when wolves saturated the area with players. Then attempt through mid.

3. Cags. Hes lost his confidence and some of his passing was awful.

4. Perez is still persistently fouling, using up so much ball time we could've been playing. He is still trying to run through 6 players on the edge of the box when he should be releasing it. In my opinion he is the weak link and offers nothing.

6. I saw a couple of decent attacking play in and around the box but it was far too few. 

7. The team was better with Castagna in it. I love ricky p but he isnt match fit or fluid with the ball and teammates.

8. Got away this week with a point, given other results and against liverpool we need a minimum of another point to get confidence levels that have somewhat ebbed.

9. Our back line side to side passing is so obvious that our attacks become useless. Switch of play needs to be much quicker.

10. There was a reason Hamza is leaving the club and it was a classic example today. How on earth Mendy didnt play was beyond me.

🦊🦊🦊

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Maddison's defensive work has improved massively in past year. 

It's apparent BR wants Ünder to increase his defensive work rate, if we know that it'll have been made clear to him. 

My point wasn't to lay into madders defensive work. It was to point out that madders isn't great defensively but would you not play him because of that? OK fine in certain games perhaps we would need a more defensive minded player but in today's game it was crying out for Under to come on and be aggressive offensively. 

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Awful game today, a few points;

1. We didnt condense the pitch as much as them to match it and therefore couldn't pass from defence to centre midfield area quick enough.

2. Why persist with slow balling it down the left to Barnes when wolves saturated the area with players. Then attempt through mid.

3. Cags. Hes lost his confidence and some of his passing was awful.

4. Perez is still persistently fouling, using up so much ball time we could've been playing. He is still trying to run through 6 players on the edge of the box when he should be releasing it. In my opinion he is the weak link and offers nothing.

6. I saw a couple of decent attacking play in and around the box but it was far too few. 

7. The team was better with Castagna in it. I love ricky p but he isnt match fit or fluid with the ball and teammates.

8. Got away this week with a point, given other results and against liverpool we need a minimum of another point to get confidence levels that have somewhat ebbed.

9. Our back line side to side passing is so obvious that our attacks become useless. Switch of play needs to be much quicker.

10. There was a reason Hamza is leaving the club and it was a classic example today. How on earth Mendy didnt play was beyond me.

🦊🦊🦊

I'm not entirely sure how you can begrudge Hamza today? He was great and put in some really important tackles. Please don't just join the bandwagon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

I've never seriously believed we were going to win the league. Obviously at the back of my mind I always hoped, but top 6 is fine, top 4 excellent.

A measured post, perfectly put.

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yep since Rodgers arrived we have taken more points than anyone else bar Man City and Liverpool. That is pretty consistent and not just a handful of games. 

We'll have off days but that stat fills me with so much pride, especially when I've been watching the club for four decades.