Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

Lol that was a sitter, perfect cross and should score, if Anyone else missed that they would be slaughtered. And it was a free header and a bad miss. 

LOL! The point is that few "anyone else" (and certainly not on our team) would have even got to that ball.

Take a look at where Jamie started off (behind 3 Wolves defenders) when Marc got the ball, and appreciate his craft. 

Urrgh wolves with a nearly perfect summing up of the current PL trend in low block counter attacking football. Depressing to think that it was our title win that is the blueprint for it. Even when we got on the counter attack ourselves wolves seemed to have 7 or 8 players in or around their box. I honestly dont know how we can regularly win games when teams defend as deep and with so many players as wolves did today and do it consistently well for 90 mins. The best chance of a goal in these situations are either a screamer from distance, a lucky deflection, an individual howler (ie Pickford the other day) or a set piece which I think we can all see just isnt gonna happen unless our players all collectively gain a few extra inches in height!

Two reasons for the result for me.

1. No Ndidi. Apart from his own play, he enables Tielemans to do what he does best. Without Ndidi, Tielemans is a shadow of his true self.

2. Rodgers persistent use of Perez. It's like playing with 10 men, it really is and it's getting embarrassing now. One good peice of skill in a game is apparently enough to give his supporters hope. Against a side that was always going to dig in, width in play to try and stretch the opposition play is essential. We absolutely know by now that Perez can't do that. Under or Albrighton may have offered that. Perez? Not in a million years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

LOL! The point is that few "anyone else" (and certainly not on our team) would have even got to that ball.

Take a look at where Jamie started off (behind 3 Wolves defenders) when Marc got the ball, and appreciate his craft. 

Agree to disagree, to me that is a sitter. Good movement yes, but that’s what a forward should do, and once you get to it you have to score. But it’s a game of opinions. 

34 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Right result, they had plenty of threat down the sides. We never quite clicked into gear. Perez was not the disaster some are trying to make out - it's as if the cognitive bias is too great for some. And while it wasn't great, there was no lack of bottle in that performance. The lack of bottle belongs to certain members of our fanbase, I'm afraid.

I normally agree with your comments, but I can't with respect to Perez.  He made one good pass across the box to Iheanache, but that was his only positive contribution to the game that I saw.  Every other time he touched the ball that was the end of our move  - either he miscontrolled, made a wrong decision, made a bad pass or fell over.  And he made a few dangerous mistakes when "helping out the defence".

I agree with another contributor on here, that his performances must sap the energy of the rest of the team.

• Like 2

Just now, deep blue said:

I normally agree with your comments, but I can't with respect to Perez.  He made one good pass across the box to Iheanache, but that was his only positive contribution to the game that I saw.  Every other time he touched the ball that was the end of our move  - either he miscontrolled, made a wrong decision, made a bad pass or fell over.  And he made a few dangerous mistakes when "helping out the defence".

I agree with another contributor on here, that his performances must sap the energy of the rest of the team.

Fine - I've said my piece now. 

These days, if you don't win your shit. That's how football is it. 

Fact is we are not good enough to win every game, we have obvious limitations that can be highlighted at times. That's why anyone who thinks we should be challenging for the title as an expectation is ridiculous. 

Finishing in the top 6 with this squad is an achievement and not easy. Even more so given the injuries we've had at times. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Agree to disagree, to me that is a sitter. Good movement yes, but that’s what a forward should do, and once you get to it you have to score. But it’s a game of opinions. 

Are you saying that's a goal you would have scored? 

That is what I define as a sitter, I know I wouldn't have scored that and I played as a striker for 15 years. 

Not a sitter by any stretch of the imagination, Vardy turned it into a half chance at best. If he had scored that then it would have been a fantastic goal, not one you'd expect him to score. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

If Iheanacho missed that the whole forum would be unanimous in calling it a sitter.

It was a very good chance and Vardy should have finished it. Great movement but having got to it a striker of his calibre should be scoring.

3 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Are you saying that's a goal you would have scored? 

That is what I define as a sitter, I know I wouldn't have scored that and I played as a striker for 15 years. 

Not a sitter by any stretch of the imagination, Vardy turned it into a half chance at best. If he had scored that then it would have been a fantastic goal, not one you'd expect him to score. 

No I class a Sitter as one I expect a top premiere league striker to score, and I think vardy will tell you himself he should have scored. 

10 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

It’s games like this where our weakness on attacking set pieces limits us.

Frustrating result but by no means a disaster, if you can’t win just make sure you don’t lose. 

Its not a weakness on attacking set pieces.  Its the personnel who for some reason is chosen over and over to deliver them.  When Maddison gets a delivery right its fantastic, but that is overshadowed by the 95% of other corners, free kicks etc that are simply....shocking.

He needs to come off dead balls he's not as good as he thinks he is from them.  He's a brilliant player for us no doubt, but his dead balls skills are not fit to be number one for the job.  Put Tielemens on them, Albrighton if he's on.  Even Under delivered quality dead balls when he had a stint at it.  Anyone but Maddison. 

Like I said a week ago, if Madders was pinging all the corners in for other teams who have scored against us from them, our goals conceded column would be much lower than it is now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cecchini1976 said:

No I class a Sitter as one I expect a top premiere league striker to score, and I think vardy will tell you himself he should have scored. 

Think you're right. However if it had been Nacho or Perez with the miss we would have been going nuts. 

8 minutes ago, ttfn said:

If Iheanacho missed that the whole forum would be unanimous in calling it a sitter.

It was a very good chance and Vardy should have finished it. Great movement but having got to it a striker of his calibre should be scoring.

That word  'should' again.... When will Football fans ever learn...!!!

In fact the fans should,they could, but they...just cant..!!lol

Edited by fuchsntf

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Think you're right. However if it had been Nacho or Perez with the miss we would have been going nuts. 

Except if it was Nacho or Perez, the Wolves defender would have cleared that ball under no pressure.

It's not as simple as making that like for like comparison as only Vardy ends up with that chance.

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Liv, Manchester clubs, Chelsea will finish above is We are scrapping with Everton, Hammers, Spuds for the 2 uefa spots 

Two teams, and the others including Liverpool in fact have all struggled at times... it isn’t a given but top 4 is absolutely on. I haven’t seen 4 teams better than us for a while 

Edited by foxes_rule1978