Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Thought a few players looked tired today, tielemans, Maddison, Barnes. Not at our best and still could have nicked it! 

was always gunna be tight game when wolves set up so deep and Atkinson didn’t allow any flow to the game at all! 12 month ago I’d say we lose that 1-0! 

Roll on Wednesday let’s get a quarter final place sorted. 

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

What's "I've been watching him for years" got to do with anything? Today he was good and did his job. Lots more players that should be higher up on the criticism list than him yet you chose to criticise (unfairly in my opinion) him. Barnes was pretty poor at his job today? As was Evans, Albrighton did hardly anything when he came on, but no let's lay into Hamza who actually did his job very well today. Makes me wonder :dunno:

Long term picture. I'm not debating anymore, I've made my point.

5 hours ago, SecretPro said:

We shouldn't be getting cancelled out by wolves. They are shit. Need to pull our fingers out.

Fvck me son did Nuno nick your bird or something?

The way you’re banging on about today you’ve either got some personal vendetta against Wolves, you’re drunk or you’re a crackpot. Take your pick lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, casablancas said:

They play very different roles and madders does do a fair bit of tracking back. Re watch the Chelsea game it’s certainly highlighted if you pay attention to his movement. 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's working this season so far given our recent form and league standing... 

Hello???? Chelsea are creeping up.

Only 4 points in last 4 games. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

How many before that? 

What else do you need?

Isn't it an enough indicator showing that we are struggling to create chances and goals to win games lately.

We have 11- 12 defense minded players. Let them do the work. We need Cengiz more than Sharky atm.

• Haha 1

Thought the point was a fair result. Wolves I thought was on their game and as a result we could not get overly aggressive trying to keep their ball in their end due to the threat of a lethal counter. Where LCFC falls short of the good big clubs is depth in certain positions. All the good teams have better 2nd and 3rd choice strikers than Iheanacho/Perez.  We got practically nothing from either of them today.

Also thought that with Wilf, we'd have been able to press a bit more. Key errors by Choudhury gave them opportunities and put Cags on a yellow. 

This easily could have been a loss so I'll take the point.  But this is also the type of game you need to win if you want to think about challenging for the title.

Edited by TeaMen Tom
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not sure he'd get selected ahead of Perez myself. 

Neto is pretty much a shoe in for POTS at Wolves. There's a fair amount of nervousness around our fans of Neto moving on like Jota if not this summer then next.  Biased opinion incoming but he has a much higher ceiling than Perez imo.

Just now, WVLE9 said:

Neto is pretty much a shoe in for POTS at Wolves. There's a fair amount of nervousness around our fans of Neto moving on like Jota if not this summer then next.  Biased opinion incoming but he has a much higher ceiling than Perez imo.

I was being sarcastic, mate. Neto is brilliant. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WVLE9 said:

Think he was kidding mate and you’re complete right re Neto, he looks sh1t hot. 

Edited by casablancas

8 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

You can see where the gaps are with us. So hopefully Management can and will address. We need more creativity particularly out wide and another CF who is effective, not a temp gap fill.

You look at say Villas creativity in front 5 and whilst we currently sit higher, youd kill to have that threat as a regular feature. 

We do very well for who we are and cant help where we sit in the league based on our efforts. But, you sense as the season grows on we look more and more at unease with our lofty position and others expectations. 

We are becoming predictable again ... and we are creating too few chances in the box these days it is indeed getting worrying.

9 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Last season we would have lost that game. Not a great performance but Hamza did well. Ricardo looked a bit shaky but understandable. I think we really do need to see Under ahead of perez now 

I would also like to see Under play on the right. But We liked much better when Albrighton came on and he did what he did which is deliver some of the best crosses in the EPL. 

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

A lot of negativity here today. Manager was shite, players were shite, Vardy missed a sitter, Perez is the worst player Leicester ever bought. It's like the whiny cry babies from Arsenal have become Leicester fans. We are third in the premier league while missing top players and others coming back from injury !

Embrace the journey, It's a fantastic trip that Top is taking us on.

3 hours ago, casablancas said:

Hellooooooo. We aren’t going to win everything and we certainly will not win every game. Blips happen and this is a season like no other. I’m still very very happy with how things have gone this season when you factor in Europa, no preseason, covid and all the massive injuries we have had. Happy fox here. I’ve supported lcfc for 30 years and I’ve seen the lows and felt them in my heart ... now I am enjoying the highs. 

When we (god forbid) lose or draw a football match (and even sometimes when we win) there seems to be this thing where fans - and it's probably the same at all clubs - feel the need to immediately look for the bits they didn't like, the players they can pile in on etc. Such a relentless negative mindset. Probably not healthy.

• Like 2

Just read that in the last game ( I think, maybe this one) Jonny evans toenail fell off. Still came on for the second half. 

There's a few Leicester players that id love to see at a bus stop or train station or the like. Just so I could walk up and say ' mate, your an absolute legend'. 

Jonny evans is one of them. 

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

When we (god forbid) lose or draw a football match (and even sometimes when we win) there seems to be this thing where fans - and it's probably the same at all clubs - feel the need to immediately look for the bits they didn't like, the players they can pile in on etc. Such a relentless negative mindset. Probably not healthy.

Yes it is a strange phenomenon. I don't profess to understand it but it seems to get worse the more successful we become. To be honest the negativity has reduced my  Fox talk enjoyment & I have stopped visiting during the game & probably will avoid the post game inquests as well.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Yes it is a strange phenomenon. I don't profess to understand it but it seems to get worse the more successful we become. To be honest the negativity has reduced my  Fox talk enjoyment & I have stopped visiting during the game & probably will avoid the post game inquests as well.

It's called entitlement. 

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's working this season so far given our recent form and league standing... 

You just wait mate and we'll have this conversation after the

Liverpool

Villa.

Arsenal games.

If we'll approach this game to the way we approach to last 4 games, we could be end up in between 7-9 th position then we will be start hearing I WANT BR'S BLOOD chants again as we heard many of those towards end of the last season.,😂😂😂😂

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

You just wait mate and we'll have this conversation after the

Liverpool

Villa.

Arsenal games.

If we'll approach this game to the way we approach to last 4 games, we could be end up in between 7-9 th position then we will be start hearing I WANT BR'S BLOOD chants again as we heard many of those towards end of the last season.,😂😂😂😂

Why do only the last 4 games matter for you? Cos it suits your agenda?