Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown

Well that was un-thrilling...

Probably the sloppiest game I can remember Barnes having.

Pretty much none of Maddison’s and Perez’s fancy little flicks and stuff worked.

Hamza offers defensive stuff but almost nothing going forwards.

Iheanacho just isn’t good enough for where we want to be.

Considering how disappointing we were I guess a point away at Wolves isn’t too bad really.

A bit worrying that we played as if we were tired, considering how many games we have coming up.

21 minutes ago, ttfn said:

If Iheanacho missed that the whole forum would be unanimous in calling it a sitter.

It was a very good chance and Vardy should have finished it. Great movement but having got to it a striker of his calibre should be scoring.

Nacho wouldn't have got in that position in the 1st place. 

Jamie will be disappointed that he didn't score but it wasn't a sitter. 

11 minutes ago, martyn said:

Except if it was Nacho or Perez, the Wolves defender would have cleared that ball under no pressure.

It's not as simple as making that like for like comparison as only Vardy ends up with that chance.

It’s a bad miss, a brilliant cross and vardy   missed. It happens in football and strikers don’t always score, but you would expect a top finisher to score that 9 out of 10 times. Just hit the target and you score. 

Edited by Cecchini1976

Disappointing that we couldn’t capitalise on United and City/Liverpool dropping points, but were still up there and a very good season so far.

On the whole an off day, but an away point to a decent team. On their day, which hasn’t been often this year, will trouble many teams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He scored a good header against Fulham and how many headers does Vardy score

That was a completely different headed chance. 

Nachos at Fulham was a good run and finish but the cross was perfect and he just had to guide it. 

Vardy had to attack the ball and get across and in front of the defender to get the chance. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Happy to. Listen, I don't think he's magnificent, I just think he isn't nearly as bad as everyone is making out. I've seen a lot of games down the years, and there is always at least one player in the team who gets it in the neck, and any evidence to the contrary goes unseen. It's a common phenomenon. Currently, it's Perez, when he's gone, it'll be someone else. 

On the whole I agree with your analysis of Perez, but I disagree that he is suffering from the 'scapecoat role'. Since he has been here he always feels like one of the weakest links in our team and I do not think its going to be easy to sell him at anything but a big loss.

Lacked a lot of intensity, but guess this my be fatigue? If so, it’s a worry.
JJ is rendering himself almost undroppable.

Riccy shades of his greatness, but he looks rusty.

Barnes a bit off it,  but still a part even then of good passages.

Hamza quite good.

Perez a bit meh but no worse than several others despite the bile in the match thread (which I find extremely tiresome, but that is my cross to bear, I get that)

I know we probably won’t but would love to see Youri get an enforced rest for the FA cup tie.

• Like 4

My question is, have we played like a winner?

Have we played like a team fully dominated with the super attacking flairs?

The most importantly,, have we played like a team who deserved to qualify for the CL?

We are walking a tight rope and this game tonight was a bad dejavu and a reminder of our fall from the grace period of the second part of last season.

If almost 33 years old Sharky would be our saviour this season again ( which he couldn't last year) what was the point of bringing the flair boy Under into the team and shackle him at the bench?

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Lacked a lot of intensity, but guess this my be fatigue? If so, it’s a worry.
JJ is rendering himself almost undroppable.

Riccy shades of his greatness, but he looks rusty.

Barnes a bit off it,  but still a part even then of good passages.

Hamza quite good.

Perez a bit meh but no worse than several others despite the bile in the match thread (which I find extremely tiresome, but that is my cross to bear, I get that)

I know we probably won’t but would love to see Youri get an enforced rest for the FA cup tie.

I was thinking we look nakered. Barnes in particular for me over recent weeks looks like he needs a decent rest. 

53 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Let’s face it we’re not as good as our league position suggests. 

We should be happy where we are but top 6 may be the best we can reach. Just saying, sorry guys

Fact is.. Because we are 3rd, we are es Good as our League position is!!!  Maybe Not as it suggests, but I have never heard a League suggest anything..:teehee: