Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

My takeaways:

- Wolves are Portuguese Stoke

- Fabio Silva is curly haired Postman Pat

- Traore should play rugby for Spain because he’s shite at football

If we were in flowing form we’d have smashed them.

Wolves have had about 8 games off by the look of their results , stands to reason they’d turn up for this one 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone else think that Vardy chance wasn't that gilt edged? Maybe its just the track record of Vardy attacking those sorts of crosses with his head over the years bit I don't think it was easy. Really wish he had put it away though!!!!

It wasn't straightforward. Don't know if you saw it but West Brom had a much better headed chance in their game straight at the keeper.

Vardy had to turn his head and get above a defender.

• Like 2

Fcuking hell that was frustrating viewing, apart from Kasper who was superb once again I thought collectively the rest of the team were below par.

On a side note

We release Gray but keep Perez, was Gray really any worse.

If it's because he isn't be played in his preferred position then ffs do that for a few games and if it doesn't work then at least he's had his chances.

It could be worse. You could have to watch wolves every week. I said last season (when they were apparently good) that they are shite. They have an outlet in Traore and Neto but other than that, they are utter garbage. Couldn't watch that  every week, they are worse than Burnley but with better wingers 

• Like 2

I understand peoples frustrations, its 1 win in 4 in a run of games that was the easier stretch. We now have to step up in these next few weeks when we have European games to deal with too.

We need Vardy back like a machine, he needs to go on one of his runs where he gets about 10 goals in 7 games. Barnes looks knackered, Tielemans surely needs a rest. Perez probably one of the worst players in the league for form, possibly ability right now. Absolutely nothing on the bench as Rodgers will only use Ünder if he's throwing the kitchen sink and he only does that when we're.losing which is no environment to bed the lad in. We are actually worse off than last season in that regard because at least he used Demarai Gray and he got a fair few assists in important games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

Fcuking hell that was frustrating viewing, apart from Kasper who was superb once again I thought collectively the rest of the team were below par.

On a side note

We release Gray but keep Perez, was Gray really any worse.

If it's because he isn't be played in his preferred position then ffs do that for a few games and if it doesn't work then at least he's had his chances.

Gray didn't want to stay unless he started.

Wolves with 5 at the back is just about our worst nightmare. Defensive low block with pace on the break.

Didn't expect to win, pleased we didn't lose. 

Considering Vardy and N'didi were out and Pereira is still off the pace, I'll take it.

Edited by Nod.E

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Can't believe we didn't score today. 4 or 5 good chances wasted or blocked. Silva being the main culprit. Schmeichel got a toe on it but he shouldn't have been given a chance. 

Ultimately a draw is probably a fair result over the 90 mins, with both goalkeepers barely having a save to make, and I'll take a point against a  team in the top four. 

1 save, and I didn't realise that until I saw the replay.

Fair play Hamza. Bar a couple of brain farts, very good indeed. Allowed Youri to do his thing and protected JJ well. I don't think anyone was bad. We just didn't commit enough to ever really trouble them. Point is OK, especially without Wilf.

• Like 2

Slightly disappointing. 

The final ball was missing all afternoon. 

Clean sheet away from home, but frustrating not to make up ground on Man Utd. Especially as Man City, Liverpool or both will drop points this afternoon.

On the positive side, in recent years gone by, we'd have been bullied in to a defeat.

Let's focus on Wednesday and going as far as we can in the cup.

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

51 seconds.

TV post match analysis.

Followed by a pre recorded Liverpool Man City trailer at 1 min 14 seconds

51 seconds is generous. I'd have just skipped straight to the Liverpool Man City game and just try to forget that game ever happened. 

20 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Maybe with Nachos on he would have put one of those chances Vardy had away. Vardy was a little rusty today with his touch.

I would have liked to see Iheananho kept on alongside Vardy, but maybe that would have left us exposed.

10 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Yea they’re still yet to go through that transitional phase, if they even chose to change their style.

Every game against wolves is boring as hell, my eyes were actually closing some a couple of times!

Yeah me too, but I expected it really. And much as I know many on here would like to see us go for it, it’s probably the pragmatic and correct choice to be safe. 4/6 points against them in a season you’d take every time.