Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

Wolves are always hard to play against, but we made it even harder as really poor in midfield and up front. Should have won it in injury time but Vardy missed a sitter. Not albrighton Biggest fan, but he was possibly our best attacking player. Suppose that sums it up. Bore draw

Huh?! :blink:

35 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

How are wolves in the bottom half? Thought Neto and Traore was very good! A good point imo!

Traore is so frustrating to watch, if he was playing for Leicester he would get so much stick. 

He runs but has no end product, I said that in my group chat and he whipped in that wicked cross which they nearly scored from. 

Still all pace and nothing else. Give me Lloyd Dyer any day of the week. 

• Haha 2

That was hugely frustrating and blimey we’re not top 4 based on that.

Too many off form and as Claude would say “clinicality” was missing once more. 

Brendan has to rotate for Wednesday, Under has to start surely? with a few u23s.

Think will lose at home to an inform team; then Liverpool with our poor record vs them. Big week. 

28 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Overreaction I think. Wolves are hard to break down and have some threats. We didn't lose and we have Ndidi and a fitter Vardy to come back. The point isn't as bad as some make out. 

Plus Ricardo will just get better.  I think Ndidi will make a massive difference. I’ve often forgot just how good he is when he’s out and on his return I’m quickly reminded. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

We obviously have different expectations for a right winger/attacker in a team challenging for the title and Champions League. Will have to agree to disagree. 

Happy to. Listen, I don't think he's magnificent, I just think he isn't nearly as bad as everyone is making out. I've seen a lot of games down the years, and there is always at least one player in the team who gets it in the neck, and any evidence to the contrary goes unseen. It's a common phenomenon. Currently, it's Perez, when he's gone, it'll be someone else. 

• Like 2

Without Wilf and Wes we are just a bit meh . The first half was so stodgy and lacking enterprise . Wes’ presence on the field guarantees that we won’t just pass it around languidly at the back . Wes just wants to get us up the pitch and get things moving and that energises the team somehow 

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Unfortunately, that's how residual BIAS sets in.

Personally, I rate players on EACH game's performance, and sadly Perez was minus-one today. Could do better.

For me if a player is quality and helps win matches 7/10 games but you give them a rollicking all 3 of the other games that's fickle. 🤷‍♂️

I rated Pereira 5 & Maddison 6 in the match rating thread, but like I say they know when they've not hit their usual standards so don't need slating on their off days.

I was so pissed with Perez that I gave him a 1 which may have been slightly harsh 😂

39 minutes ago, copunk said:

Fair result, pretty uneventful game, Hamza my MOTM today, can tell ricardo is still really rusty, Justin had another outstanding game

I totally agree, he was my MOTM. I don’t think Hamza is technically good enough for this Leicester side. There was a moment in the second half where he failed to control the ball and fortunatelyWolves  failed to exploit it but he worked so hard and was at the heart of everything good about our defensive play, he was blocking everything. Credit where credit is due, the lad played a blinder. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

So you’ve been watching since the 80’s and thing this team plays boring football? It’s the best football we have ever played, clearly you prefer long ball and a flick on rather than trying to play football? Can’t believe you’ve watched us since the 80’s as if you did you would be loving this team 

Let it go.

He's obviously trolling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

There was nothing "free" about that header.

Some's expectations have been spoilt by Jamie's brilliance, because many strikers would never have got to that ball. 

Lol that was a sitter, perfect cross and should score, if Anyone else missed that they would be slaughtered. And it was a free header and a bad miss. 

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Don't try to make me to blame for not being judgemental. And don't force me to agree with you either.

Steady on. I’m not ‘trying’ or ‘forcing’ you to do anything. I just asked a question.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Happy to. Listen, I don't think he's magnificent, I just think he isn't nearly as bad as everyone is making out. I've seen a lot of games down the years, and there is always at least one player in the team who gets it in the neck, and any evidence to the contrary goes unseen. It's a common phenomenon. Currently, it's Perez, when he's gone, it'll be someone else. 

Maybe, but I personally can't remember the last time Perez won us a game and given the amount he's played and the position he's playing it shouldn't be that hard to remember. Even if he played a stinker 4 out of 5 games but won us the fifth he'd get a lot less stick.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Obvious chance missed. AGAIN. Anybody thinking thats a good result can **** off. Wolves are bottom half and people on here talk about them like they are giants. Always always failing to take chances, ****ed off with it.

And our  own  fans believing we are Giants....!!!

Wolves filled the Space around Barnes ,Maddison, & Tielemans...Wolves midfield pressed well, always had 2 -3 defending 2nd ball...

Barnes could learn from their young Neto and attack the by-line a bit more...

We are a Good team, Today somewhat sloppy, but these average tired displays are not suprising..

No Witch hunting for me, competing for 4th-6th is our quality, but we are not yet that Good to run away with it,!!!

especially, with our types of injuries that play on the squad & amount of games in such short spaces of time...

Today I would of kept Nacho on to Play with Vardy, Pezez off for Albrighton, and brought Under on for last 5-10minutes..........

But thats just me...

A Wolves Team refinding their form, Leicester after injuries comebacks,trying to find form with their better players....

Annoying point....Barnes Made 5-6 runs, to get behind Wolves, but neither Soyu Nor Evans,who saw the runs, popped it to him...

They turned back inside...After that Barnes came too deep  for the ball, or  didnt bother to make those runs again...

Wolves Trusted their wingers....!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I know you do, and I disagree. It's never that simple, he did plenty nicely, and in the meantime some of our favourites gave the ball away in bad areas, which goes unnoticed (unless Perez does it).

I’m not denying others was giving the ball away but when you’re up against low block sides you have to have an outlet, Barnes was literally our only option, we was crying out for somebody like Under who can beat a man a cause havoc

Traore had Justin pinned back, no wonder we lacked attacking options