Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Given past horrors at Molineux I’ll always take a draw there. We didn’t do enough to win anyway.

Wolves have two very threatening wingers but no one to benefit from their speed and trickery. Fortunately that one easy chance fell to their useless waste-of-money teenager, who shouldn’t have given Kasper a sniff.

As for us, I thought Choudhury played very well and Tielemans, as usual, did most of our best things (though alas not with his shooting boots). But Barnes and Maddison delivered less than they promised, Iheanacho (as Vardy often is) was crowded out by lots of defenders and Perez, as we all know (apart from our manager, apparently) will never be a danger on the wing - except to his own team with his sloppy flicks, misplaced passes and failure to hold on to the ball. How Albrighton and Under are below him in the pecking order for the right wing slot is an utter mystery.

Yes, Vardy should have won it at the end, but let’s be honest he hasn’t been himself for quite a while now. We’ll need him to get his mojo back against Liverpool.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

51 seconds.

TV post match analysis.

Followed by a pre recorded Liverpool Man City trailer at 1 min 14 seconds

If the first game had been Liverpool vs ManC would we been shown mid match live coverage of Leicester City players getting off a coach? 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I know you do, and I disagree. It's never that simple, he did plenty nicely, and in the meantime some of our favourites gave the ball away in bad areas, which goes unnoticed (unless Perez does it).

The difference is some of our favourites do more than enough most weeks whereas Perez consistently offers little to nothing. 

For example Pereira was repeatedly embarrassed by Neto today and Maddison's end product was gash, but Perieira isn't up to match speed yet and Maddison will probably score a worldie next week so there's no need to be harsh on them as they'll already know they underperformed. There are no excuses left for Perez though.

• Like 3

You can see where the gaps are with us. So hopefully Management can and will address. We need more creativity particularly out wide and another CF who is effective, not a temp gap fill.

You look at say Villas creativity in front 5 and whilst we currently sit higher, youd kill to have that threat as a regular feature. 

We do very well for who we are and cant help where we sit in the league based on our efforts. But, you sense as the season grows on we look more and more at unease with our lofty position and others expectations. 

18 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Right result, they had plenty of threat down the sides. We never quite clicked into gear. Perez was not the disaster some are trying to make out - it's as if the cognitive bias is too great for some. And while it wasn't great, there was no lack of bottle in that performance. The lack of bottle belongs to certain members of our fanbase, I'm afraid.

Agree with everything, but the highlighted.

Earnestly trying not to pick on Ayoze, but he was ATROCIOUS today (albeit a couple of others not much better).

Edited by NaijaFox

Think it highlights how poor some of our backup players are. Perez and Nacho offer very little. As for Hamza, our 90th minute free kick summed him up for me - ball played into the box and cleared to Hamza on the edge. Perfect opportunity to float one back into the mix but instead he turns around and passes it backwards. A horribly negative player.

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

The difference is some of our favourites do more than enough most weeks whereas Perez consistently offers little to nothing. 

For example Pereira was repeatedly embarrassed by Neto today and Maddison's end product was gash, but Perieira isn't up to match speed yet and Maddison will probably score a worldie next week so there's no need to be harsh on them as they'll already know they underperformed. There are no excuses left for Perez though.

Ah I see, so he deserves it, right? Lovely.

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I know you do, and I disagree. It's never that simple, he did plenty nicely, and in the meantime some of our favourites gave the ball away in bad areas, which goes unnoticed (unless Perez does it).

The difference between when perez does is and when barnes does it is that barnes actually has an impact at the other end of the pitch. Perez has started the last 4 games and im stretched to think of a significant moment of quality to come out of him. We can forgive the mistakes of the 'favourites' because they balance it out with other contributions, perez has the scale substantially tipped into the negative at the moment

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Unfortunately, that's how residual BIAS sets in.

Personally, I rate players on EACH game's performance, and sadly Perez was minus-one today. Could do better.

• Sad 1

If you look at it from the perspective of 4 points from 2 consecutive away games then normally you'd be happy with that. But as the title race was still an outside chance before today's result nothing less than 3 points would have sufficed.

Though it's now simply a fight to stay in the top 4 (unless the 2 Manchester teams drop points fairly soon), think if we beat Liverpool it could do a lot of good for the team psychologically. We'll see I guess.

Edited by Kendal Fox

5 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Think it highlights how poor some of our backup players are. Perez and Nacho offer very little. As for Hamza, our 90th minute free kick summed him up for me - ball played into the box and cleared to Hamza on the edge. Perfect opportunity to float one back into the mix but instead he turns around and passes it backwards. A horribly negative player.

Yes I saw that. I was like get it in again. But instead he went lateral. That's not the choice that gives confidence. 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ah I see, so he deserves it, right? Lovely.

I think that reply is perfectly valid and your response is unnecessarily holier than thou. Perez is a proven Leicester City misfit. How much more evidence do you need?

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not buying it. He does plenty, people just choose to look the other way. But you carry on with your judgement.

We obviously have different expectations for a right winger/attacker in a team challenging for the title and Champions League. Will have to agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hammo said:

I think that reply is perfectly valid and your response is unnecessarily holier than thou. Perez is a proven Leicester City misfit. How much more evidence do you need?

Don't try to make me to blame for not being judgemental. And don't force me to agree with you either.