Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

Low block - invites pressure on a weakened defence.

High press - weakened defence lacks pace to deal with the counter.

Can't see anything other than three CBs today. Likely Amartey comes in, with Fuchs in at LB as opposed to left sided centre (be very surprised if Brendan risks Thomas). As some have mentioned, Albrighton could be deployed as a WB, but he's more needed on the right flank. 

Low block, late smash and grab, but by then Mané and Salah will have already parted the channels like the Red Sea. 

8 minutes ago, Kuredufox said:

Not sure about Albrighton Robertson gave him the runaround last time

True, it really depends on if we go five at the back or not, if we go 4 I’d say Ricardo is a better shout, with the 3 CBs I’d go for Albrighton as his long range passing and workrate would still be helpful in stopping the Manes and Robertson with more numbers. Tactically it’s gonna be an interesting one

8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Low block - invites pressure on a weakened defence.

High press - weakened defence lacks pace to deal with the counter.

Can't see anything other than three CBs today. Likely Amartey comes in, with Fuchs in at LB as opposed to left sided centre (be very surprised if Brendan risks Thomas). As some have mentioned, Albrighton could be deployed as a WB, but he's more needed on the right flank. 

Low block, late smash and grab, but by then Mané and Salah will have already parted the channels like the Red Sea. 

Low block = park the bus

High press = chase them around a bit

Yes? :D

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Low block = park the bus

High press = chase them around a bit

Yes? :D

lol

Low block we lose. High press we lose. 

Overly pessimistic perhaps, their MF will be compromised and I'm relishing the thought of Barnsey cutting into the inside left channel and running at his man...a makeshift CB. 

Think we’ll lose this one. We usually start in quite a reserved/negative way against Liverpool and I fancy them to get the first goal before we’ve tested their shaky defence. Then they’ll park the bus and we’ll struggle to get in behind their back line.

6 minutes ago, car1os said:

Think we’ll lose this one. We usually start in quite a reserved/negative way against Liverpool and I fancy them to get the first goal before we’ve tested their shaky defence. Then they’ll park the bus and we’ll struggle to get in behind their back line.

Disagree. Even if they did sit back on a one goal advantage, which is absolute anathema to Klopp and Liverpool's style of play, we will get in behind them - we just have to make it count. 

Edited by Line-X

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's bloody brilliant, there's bits he's going to evidently improve on but defensively I think he's solid and going forward he's very intelligent. He's better at crossing than Justin and I'd argue he's put more rememberable dangerous balls in than Castagne too. 

Anyway, I'll trust Rodgers to do what's best for the team.

It was sarcasm. He can definitely defend!

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Played Man City off the park, Smash and grab vs Arsenal, muck vs Liverpool, Dominated Spurs, toe to toe attacking game vs Man Utd, took Chelsea apart easily and then shut the game down. Am I missing something? 

Yeah - ignore me!! 😁