Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

Definitely got limited optimism on this one, a big part of me thinks the way we set up against Brighton means we’re gonna do the same today with 5 at the back. I can see us trying to do what we did against Arsenal - aka keep the game tight and then open up a bit later on and try and nick a win.

That leans towards a team of 

Schmeichel

Ricardo / Evans / Soyuncu / Amartey / Thomas* (or Albrighton at RB with Ricardo potentially at LB)

Tielemans / Ndidi

Maddison / Barnes

Vardy

Bench: Ward / Albrighton (Thomas) / Fuchs / Perez / Choudhary / Under / Ihenacho

Im not against the idea fully although if it looks like it’s going badly early doors I hope we are quick to change it to a four at the back and push one of Ricardo or Albrighton forward. 

Attack could very well be the best form of defence today though with their issues at the back but we’ve generally not gone for it in that way on days we could have.

Makes it a very tricky game because I genuinely don’t know what will work best, with their problems at the back they might just go for it themselves and come out the blocks early, then five at the back could be better. I’m sort of talking myself into it 😂

Edit - forgot about Wilf 😭 so popped him back in instead of Mendy 

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves
I forgot Wilf

2 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Definitely got limited optimism on this one, a big part of me thinks the way we set up against Brighton means we’re gonna do the same today with 5 at the back. I can see us trying to do what we did against Arsenal - aka keep the game tight and then open up a bit later on and try and nick a win.

Schmeichel

Ricardo / Evans / Soyuncu / Amartey / Thomas* (or Albrighton at RB with Ricardo potentially at LB)

Tielemans / Mendy

Maddison / Barnes

Vardy

Bench: Ward / Albrighton (Thomas) / Fuchs / Perez / Choudhary / Under / Ihenacho

Im not against the idea fully although if it looks like it’s going badly early doors I hope we are quick to change it to a four at the back and push one of Ricardo or Albrighton forward. 

Attack could very well be the best form of defence today though with their issues at the back but we’ve generally not gone for it in that way on days we could have.

Makes it a very tricky game because I genuinely don’t know what will work best, with their problems at the back they might just go for it themselves and come out the blocks early, then five at the back could be better. I’m sort of talking myself into it 😂

Ndidi?

• Like 1

I really think they are there for the taking, they look knackered and devoid of confidence. Which generally means ever obliging Leicester City will take pity on them and roll over.

I desperately hope i’m wrong but I can see Rodgers lining up with 5 at the back against these with 2 DMs and we all know how those types of games generally tend to go.

Hoping Klopp plays Kabak at the back as I think he will be a little over enthusiastic and more liable to dive in on Vardy much like Cags was at the start with us but unfortunately think he’ll will play Davies today for the understanding of the English game and experience, just watch it’ll be typical for him too have the game of his life as well.

1 minute ago, foxpleasure said:

Optimism at a slightly higher level now?

Yeah slightly 😂 I still think the full back positions are where it’ll be interesting. It’s the sort of game Albrightons work rate could be important - but will Ricardo then fit alright at LB? Perhaps controversially bench Riccy have Thomas at LB to start and then have Ricardo sub on second half to drive at them a bit? 

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

I really think they are there for the taking, they look knackered and devoid of confidence. Which generally means ever obliging Leicester City will take pity on them and roll over.

I desperately hope i’m wrong but I can see Rodgers lining up with 5 at the back against these with 2 DMs and we all know how those types of games generally tend to go.

The team writes itself. The normal xi pre wilf/vardy injury. 

Ideally we could do with 12, and get choudhury as that extra helper for left back. But I'm not sure we can do that

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Really want us to get stuck into these, put pressure on their makeshift defence and their goalkeeper, but I can't see it. I think we'll give them way too much respect as usual and roll over 2 or 3 nill.

I agree. Even when we played them earlier in the season they had a makeshift defence and still hammered us as we have them far too much respect and were too passive. We certainly dont want to go gung ho but we do need to try and get men forward when we get the chance and make sure Vardy isnt isolated 

20 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Schmeichel

Tielemans / Ndidi

Maddison / Barnes

Vardy

Edit - forgot about Wilf 😭 so popped him back in instead of Mendy 

Not sure about Albrighton Robertson gave him the runaround last time