Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

So long as we make a game of it and play our part. A tepid defeat does nothing for confidence. Let's see some blood and guts out there and if come final whistle it's not enough then fair dos. Lots of side ways backwards awkward passing and barely a shot all game will be hugely depressing. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What do you mean 'available'? 

I know he's been poor recently but it would be plain ridiculous for him to be cast out of the squad in any shape and alienated. 

He went off injured didnt he. Although I'm pretty sure he faked it to get off the pitch Haha

The only positive I can think of today is that I'm actively telling people to bet against us and even offering people Leicester and the draw in a bet.

Usually when I'm this confident I get it horribly wrong lol

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I see Luke Thomas is being accused of not being very good at defending, like James Justin was at the start of the season. What evidence is there to this? Those 2 mistakes vs Spurs in his 2nd appearance for us last season? Is that all?

TrueFox rated Thomas as awful since restart last year. I assume people have been watching his videos.

Thomas finished the away game against Leeds with the most interceptions, tackles and clearances.....can't defend though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

He went off injured didnt he. Although I'm pretty sure he faked it to get off the pitch Haha

The only positive I can think of today is that I'm actively telling people to bet against us and even offering people Leicester and the draw in a bet.

Usually when I'm this confident I get it horribly wrong lol

That's a pretty big claim to say he faked it! 

Also, he won't be the first or last player to get injured/pick up a knock to go off and then play in the next match. 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

TrueFox rated Thomas as awful since restart last year. I assume people have been watching his videos.

Thomas finished the away game against Leeds with the most interceptions, tackles and clearances.....can't defend though.

No one should ever watch his videos. Useless. 

• Like 1

If anyone listened to the press conference yesterday it was amazing from Sky and PLP.

a question about racism, then one about Klopps mother, a brief question about injuries almost forgetting about Justin and then they went straight back to the number of injuries Liverpool had. You cannot make this shit up. Rodgers dealt with it pretty well, you can tell he was pretty annoyed with the questions.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

That's a pretty big claim to say he faked it! 

Also, he won't be the first or last player to get injured/pick up a knock to go off and then play in the next match. 

I watched the replay a tonne of times and couldnt see anything that would have put him out.

It wouldnt be the first time a player hasnt fancied it and used a collision as an excuse to come off. You'll be surprised how often keepers do it when they make a mistake lol

They’ve had a rest for a week, and their away form has come back to be being good. And we can be iffy at home.

Can’t see us winning this one, unfortunately. But would be delighted to be wrong. Our only hope is that they’ll play midfielders at centre back.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

To win this game, we desperately need Vardy back to his best. He’s been a little off the pace recently (understandably, given his hip issue). 

When Vardy plays well, we have a good chance against anyone. 

Feels weird to actually have a Saturday game too. Come on boys, make my weekend a good one!

• Like 1

Not looking forward to this. Liverpool get all the press on their injuries but in reality Brendan hasn’t had a settled squad all season - arguably, we’ve had it worse.

Justin is a big miss as I think with him, we would’ve gone 4 at the back. Without him, Fuchs or Thomas will need that extra support which means backs against the wall for most of the game. 

I love it when I’m proved wrong so please do lads. 

27 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I watched the replay a tonne of times and couldnt see anything that would have put him out.

It wouldnt be the first time a player hasnt fancied it and used a collision as an excuse to come off. You'll be surprised how often keepers do it when they make a mistake lol

We have no idea what knock or injury he might have picked up. Might have been carrying something from before in other matches. 

I know people aren't his biggest fans right now and that's understandable, and fair. I think it oversteps the mark though to claim he feigned injury and went off. 

• Like 1

With Perez out I can't see a straight swap for Under so I'd imagine Albrighton Maddison Barnes and Vardy will be the attacking line up. I think that's the front 4 Rodgers would have gone for with a completely full squad too. 

If we go behind we've got a choice of Under for Albrighton and even bringing Nacho on to play behind Vardy  replacing Madders or even pushing Madders out wider to replace an ineffective Barnes. 

Kasper

Ricky.      Evans.    Soyuncu.    Thomas

Ndidi

Youri

Albrighton.     Madders.       Barnes

.                        Vardy

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

TrueFox is a clown. 

Complimentary article in the Telegraph this morning about JV. Hopefully he can follow it up with a couple of goals later.

As long as we take the game to them I will be happy, getting something from any LFC match is a bonus.

8 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

I confess to having watched one of his videos. Once.

Meh.  What do we need him for when we've got foxestalk filled with worse? :P;) :D /s 

I watched about 30 seconds of a TrueFox video and felt my braincells dying lol

Everything about Truefox should wind me up something rotten but there's something about someone doing something they obviously enjoy that's nice IMO. Being a 'Youtuber' is his dream it seems and in his mind at least he's playing it out. 

Was anyone at the Newcastle game away when he was lifted out by some heavies who accused him of recording the match. It was hilarious 😂