Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

15 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Think many fans on here getting a bit over worried about Liverpool. They have defensive issues and Fabhino also out. Why not take the attack to them for a change. 

That for me is the issue. They are massively struggling on midfield and defence and you just know we’re going to sit back and allow them onto us just like the last game. 

if we want to get anything out of the game we must attack them and push them back. The last game we played against them was embarrassing. We showed far too much respect and their makeshift back 4 would never have had such an easy game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we might be surprised by this one. They’ve beaten us in recent fixtures but that means we’ll be more wary and determined. Psychologically and deep down they probably think they’ve lost the league and that’s dispiriting for a team that has been so successful.

Of course, anything could happen but I reckon we’ve got a better chance than some might think.

• Like 1

Forgive me - I have not read through the thread so may be repeating what, I hope, many of us feel.

If we purport to be a top 4 team we can NOT approach games like this, and the forthcoming cup tie v MU, with an inferiority complex.

We are a really good team.  Other teams’ supporters are envious of us.  We must play with confidence and, should we suffer a reverse, examine how we reverse it next time.  Play to our strengths - we are good enough for those coming to the KP to be worried, including Liverpool.

• Like 2

I would love to see us start with Under and Barnes and run at their fullbacks, I didn’t get to see the game against Brighton and by all accounts Under didn’t have the best of games, but he adds a little bit of attacking intent.

Kasper

Ricardo  
Evans 

Soyuncu

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Under

Vardy

Barnes

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Amartey, Daley-Campbell, Mendy, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Choudhury, Teveres

I think that 11 on song can take the game to Liverpool. - I’m going for a 3 - 1 home win! 

Forget how they've derailed in recent games, they're a very good side and champions for a reason. No way should we be naive enough to assume they're there for the taking but at the same time we cannot turn up with fear. I'd like to see us hunt them down for the first 15/20 mins and hopefully get a goal as they'll be nervous at the start. Then we can try and let them come onto us more and try and play on the counter. Wilf is a very important player to have back for this one. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

This

24 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Nothing would please me more than an absolute shithouse 1-0 win, with the world's weakest shot, by Hamza, going through Allison's legs in the 96th minute.

three deflections, the last off Henderson's arse / face

• Haha 1

Win this and we go 6pts clear of Liverpool with 14 to play.

As things stand at the minute the consensus is Liverpool and the Manchester clubs will finish top four and the other place will probably be a shoot out between us and Chelsea. Win this and it puts Liverpool right in the mix to be a contender to miss out on top four.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Nothing would please me more than an absolute shithouse 1-0 win, with the world's weakest shot, by Hamza, going through Allison's legs in the 96th minute.

Would be such a thing of beauty, if only for the post match interview with Clippity.