Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

7 hours ago, zorro en españa said:

Forgive me - I have not read through the thread so may be repeating what, I hope, many of us feel.

If we purport to be a top 4 team we can NOT approach games like this, and the forthcoming cup tie v MU, with an inferiority complex.

We are a really good team.  Other teams’ supporters are envious of us.  We must play with confidence and, should we suffer a reverse, examine how we reverse it next time.  Play to our strengths - we are good enough for those coming to the KP to be worried, including Liverpool.

It's worked for us so far this season. Would you consider how we absolutely destroyed Man City as playing with an "inferiority complex"? There's being confident with your play style and then playing into the opponents hands. Yes, maybe don't play three at the back with recent form in mind, but some degree of caution is necessary. 

• Like 1

Justin is going to be a huge miss for us. Not sure how Ricardo is really playing atm to be confident he’s going to get back to his best and Timmy is injured a lot.

We can’t rely on Thomas or Fuchs.

For this game , I think we have to go for it. I’m fed up of playing Liverpool and rolling over for them. They hate being pressed high, Thiago needs time constantly to tick.

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Thomas

Ndidi Tielemens

Albrighton  Madders     Barnes 

Vards.

Going to be a huge struggle and would take a draw. We desperately need Timmy and Little Wes back now Justin is out until next year. We lack raw pace in that back 4 as Ricardo isn’t as fast as he was and Thomas is flimsy. Pool probably the worst team to play with a lack of pace vs Mane and Salah.

11 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Justin is going to be a huge miss for us. Not sure how Ricardo is really playing atm to be confident he’s going to get back to his best and Timmy is injured a lot.

For this game , I think we have to go for it. I’m fed up of playing Liverpool and rolling over for them. They hate being pressed high, Thiago needs time constantly to tick.

Kasper

Ndidi Tielemens

Vards.

Going to be a huge struggle and would take a draw. We desperately need Timmy and Little Wes back now Justin is out until next year. We lack raw pace in that back 4 as Ricardo isn’t as fast as he was and Thomas is flimsy. Pool probably the worst team to play with a lack of pace vs Mane and Salah.

Funny thing is many said the same thing about Justin at the start of the season - turned out pretty well though didn’t it. Sometimes being thrown in at the deep end is the making of a player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Funny thing is many said the same thing about Justin at the start of the season - turned out pretty well though didn’t it. Sometimes being thrown in at the deep end is the making of a player.

I rate the kid and he’s done alright but I’d be extremely suprised if he got anywhere near Justin’s levels. Just think Thomas ultimately might not make it at Prem level as a mainstay in a few years but hope I’m wrong.

Anyway as this game goes, I definitely would play him and take a risk in a back 4. Fuchs can’t play this as he will get rinsed and I agree with quite a few posters above regarding 5 atb is worse for our team overall.

Whilst I’m far from confident with Salah running at Thomas, I’m far more confident with that overall than 5 atb and getting constant pressure.

Im confident with Youri and Ndidi that we’ll stop Jones, Gini and Thiago in the middle.

If AA and Salah dominate the left, I’d maybe switch Marc from RW to LW to help cover and stick Barnes at RW.

Still believe if we can control the middle with our 2 beasts in the middle and then get Madders foot on the ball and cause problems.

When we are in a 433 we very rarely look shocking, even if we’re not ticking, there’s an element of control compared to our games at 5 atb.

Ridiculous big six bias by Five Live; their weekend preview is all about the big game on Saturday- that’s right Man City vs Spurs. You know 1st vs 8th. Definitely the biggest, most important game of the day I can think of!?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Phube said:

Ridiculous big six bias by Five Live; their weekend preview is all about the big game on Saturday- that’s right Man City vs Spurs. You know 1st vs 8th. Definitely the biggest, most important game of the day I can think of!?

Is that because that's the one they have commentary of? They don't always have the early kick off.

We haven’t been in the best form in recent weeks and neither have they. Still think they have enough to beat us, always the pessimist but I’m going for 1-3 Liverpool. 

Not knocking Thomas but he’s a young lad going up against Salah could be a very difficult afternoon. 

Think we might go to a back 5 again.

46 minutes ago, Phube said:

It's undoubtedly a bigger game, yes.

On one hand this is the season for us getting a result against a team that usually always beats us but on the other can none really see Liverpool losing 3 games on the spin in the league? Unthinkable a year ago.

Will a point do? We really need 3, it's a massive game.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kasper

Ndidi Tielemens

Vards.

Think it's too early to say Ric has lost his pace, it's very early days for him after injury. Cags is also pacy but I agree that Thomas really lacks pace and physicality. Just got to hope Timmy is back soon, although he does seem to be made of glass.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

On one hand this is the season for us getting a result against a team that usually always beats us but on the other can none really see Liverpool losing 3 games on the spin in the league? Unthinkable a year ago.

Will a point do? We really need 3, it's a massive game.

What makes it even bigger is the teams around us have what on paper appear much easier fixtures so could gain ground if we lose eg Everton at home to Fulham, West Ham at home to Sheff U, Villa at Brighton, Man U away at West Brom and Chelsea at home to Newcastle. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kasper

Ndidi Tielemens

Vards.

kasper really needs to concentrate and sort out his positioning 

• Like 1

Free hit in my opinion. We never beat these, and despite what the media say, we are equally as impaired by injuries.

I think we can win, but yes we (maybe it’s just the fans) suffer from belief in these types of fixtures somehow.

We are going to get the usual spanking aren't we?

Hopefully my feelings will be completely twarted by a superb Leicester City display, but them being wounded, having a week to prepare and normally being our kryptonite make me scared of this. 

Edited by Jonezy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I see Luke Thomas is being accused of not being very good at defending, like James Justin was at the start of the season. What evidence is there to this? Those 2 mistakes vs Spurs in his 2nd appearance for us last season? Is that all?

Personally thought he was caught out of position far too often on Wednesday.

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How on earth is Ayoze Perez available for this? Insult to injury.

What do you mean 'available'? 

I know he's been poor recently but it would be plain ridiculous for him to be cast out of the squad in any shape and alienated.