Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

Win or draw this game on Saturday (yes amazing, a Saturday fixture) and I think we can start to think about a top four finish at the end of the season. Two big hurdles of course, its at home and its Liverpool. Nothing too much to worry about there.

• Haha 1

Just hope we don't suffer anymore injuries in the Cup game on Wednesday.. like we did with Praet against Brentford!!

This game is absolutely pivotal..

Please Brendan , stuff the Cup game, we cannot afford any further injuries if we have ambitions of finishing top 4!!

Hope Ndidi is back and not risked on Wednesday.... we have a great chance of turning this lot over with a strong team out.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Just hope we don't suffer anymore injuries in the Cup game on Wednesday.. like we did with Praet against Brentford!!

Please Brendan , stuff the Cup game, we cannot afford any further injuries if we have ambitions of finishing top 4!!

Hope Ndidi is back and not risked on Wednesday.... we have a great chance of turning this lot over with a strong team out.

Praet was injured vs Stoke not Brentford.

I agree though give Wilf another week rest for Liverpool. If he’s fit though, maybe give him 30 mins to get some match sharpness.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Please not Brendan.

We're not in a position to pick and choose what competitions we want to be in. They are all important to us, especially the FA Cup which actually gives chance of an actual trophy. 

Madness!!

So you honestly think we have the squad to fully compete in 2 Cups and to challenge for a top 4 Spot in the PL?.

I really hope we prioritise the league and EC.

I would have loved us to have won the FA Cup when it was a prestigious competition.. it's a bit Mickey Mouse now and out of the 3 competitions we're challenging in, this is the one I'd just bin.

32 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I will think about.  However asking Jesus for a win  might have been more useful.

Love Brendan

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Players can get injured in any game 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Madness!!

So you honestly think we have the squad to fully compete in 2 Cups and to challenge for a top 4 Spot in the PL?.

I really hope we prioritise the league and EC.

I would have loved us to have won the FA Cup when it was a prestigious competition.. it's a bit Mickey Mouse now and out of the 3 competitions we're challenging in, this is the one I'd just bin.

Well we obviously have different ideas of success because success to me is winning a trophy not just finishing top 4 (unless you finish 1st). 

Of course we might not win the FA Cup but I’d prioritise it, yes. Teams are remembered for what they win. 

• Like 1

We have a mental block against these and we'll roll over again as we've done every time, it's not worth getting your hopes up. Even though they've lost to Burnley, Brighton and been smashed 4-1 by Man City. We'll treat them like they're playing 5 leagues above us and it'll be brutal. Just accept we're gonna get battered and look to the next game.

I'd definitely prioritise a stronger squad against Brighton.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Realistically we're not going to win the League with Man City looking dominant so why not have a crack at the FA Cup?

Would be great to get top 4.  Missing out on top 4 last season completely changed our transfer plans for this season. Finishing as high as possible matters if we want to be considered an attractive club to come to  for players.

• Like 3

I really am just going to completely forget that this game is happening and then I won’t lose my rag because of it*. 

@StanSPCome on mate get the Prague pre-match thread up and running, that’s the next game after Brighton on Wednesday. 

* unless we win. 

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

I really am just going to completely forget that this game is happening and then I won’t lose my rag because of it*. 

@StanSPCome on mate get the Prague pre-match thread up and running, that’s the next game after Brighton on Wednesday. 

* unless we win. 

5 night piss up, great stuff

37 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well we obviously have different ideas of success because success to me is winning a trophy not just finishing top 4 (unless you finish 1st). 

Of course we might not win the FA Cup but I’d prioritise it, yes. Teams are remembered for what they win. 

I think the Club's priority is to become a consistent, established top 6 PL team.. this in turn attracts top players to want to be part of the club and it's success (playing in the CL).... this type of success brings in the funds to pay the wages such top players will demand!!

Winning the FA Cup doesn't bring anywhere near that same long term success and the financial stability to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Manchesters, Spuds etc!!

I'm sure BR will field a team that is more than capable of winning whilst resting whoever he feels need it. It's important to win & it's important to try & win in all games !

I think he will want to give Vardy some minutes & possibly a cameo for Wilf.

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Winning the FA Cup doesn't bring anywhere near that same long term success and the financial stability to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Manchesters, Spuds etc!!

Winning trophies is what we’re all here for, surely?! We’ve been incredibly lucky to see our club win more than it’s fair share and the reason we’re still here is in hope that we get to experience it again, isn’t it?

No young lad grows up getting in to football dreaming of his club increasing its global audience and financial stability to be able to compete with the media-made “top 6”.

• Like 2