Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

On 14/02/2021 at 11:29, Danny Clender said:

It's delightful to be in such a choosy position.

To be true to me roots, I'll tek oat, but Champion's League football again would serve ME better than an FA Cup win. 

I’m just glad we avoided a relegation dog-fight again. Old habits die hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the idea of being confident enough to play a starting XI which rest players and includes a mix of our upcoming starlets with some of the old guard - especially having access to a strong bench for the final 30 minute to bring on bigger guns.

The snag is, (and thankfully I'm not the manager) I keep reading differing reports regarding our opposition and the level they are playing at. Whilst still over two legs, I'm neither here nor there on making a decision/recommendation/comment of the strength of what our line-up should arguably look like. The further we get into this competition - the more likely we come up against high-performing underdogs on a run of brilliance - a bit like us, or the 'old' us! I hope we are doing our homework and don't underestimate this outfit. Maybe I am equally underestimating our squad too in my uncertainty.

The striker Sima looks like a bit of a player. 19 years old and scored bags of goals in his first season, including 3 in the Europa so far.

Best case scenario we win comfortably but he impresses enough to be on our radar ;) apparently Arsenal very interested.

59 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You laugh, but the return fixtures are important, and potentially pivotal.

This is true, but I'm confident 46 points is enough to avoid relegation. 

Who knows?

Perhaps it will take 50 this season, so yes, in that scenario, those fixtures would be pivotal to stay up.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Foxxed said:

And then play the second string against Villa?

Yeah I read it backwards. Still phenomenal though. Their league's best two goal scorers which includes a 19 year old wonder kid.

Scout him on Thursday, arrange a pre agreement on Friday for he summer lol