Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

11 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Each to their own views but unless we win EL, we won't be qualifying for CL. CL is the pinnacle and every team should aspire to be there given the chance. I would love to win EL but I see our chances as average whereas we have a great chance of FA Cup success and a Top 4 finish. I normally advocate playing our best team, I was p1ssed when we played a second string at Palace and lost 2 points. However, we are at a stage where we are one defensive injury away from a bit of a crisis.

I am sure Brendan will strike a balance but the important game is Villa away on Sunday. Get a result in Prague while resting some players, perform at Villa then go all out home leg next week if needed. I just feel without fans this campaign is becoming a little irrelevant now. I want European football next season to be able to witness it for home games at least. As I said, if this season had fans I would love to get as far as possible. But that is my view and you can disagree, above is my justification for making my point.

Excellently validated.

The reason why I disagree with you is that the club have instilled great emphasis on competing in Europe consistently. This years EL competition is how we are currently implementing that plan, so to see a fan go against that vision is an opinion to easily disagree with. 

For the majority, I think winning the FA Cup would be forgotten about in around 9 days. 

I am aware there is a large group of sentimental fans that would love to win the FA Cup, fair play, but for the rest of the crowd, it's really not that much anymore. 

If we are prioritising competitions, we'll get to see how that plays out live over the next 3 weeks and we'll all have a better understanding then. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Each to their own views but unless we win EL, we won't be qualifying for CL. CL is the pinnacle and every team should aspire to be there given the chance. I would love to win EL but I see our chances as average whereas we have a great chance of FA Cup success and a Top 4 finish. I normally advocate playing our best team, I was p1ssed when we played a second string at Palace and lost 2 points. However, we are at a stage where we are one defensive injury away from a bit of a crisis.

I am sure Brendan will strike a balance but the important game is Villa away on Sunday. Get a result in Prague while resting some players, perform at Villa then go all out home leg next week if needed. I just feel without fans this campaign is becoming a little irrelevant now. I want European football next season to be able to witness it for home games at least. As I said, if this season had fans I would love to get as far as possible. But that is my view and you can disagree, above is my justification for making my point.

We've 14 league games left and we probably need 28 points to get top 4 as the points total required for this season will be high. The EL there are 9 games to go for the finalists, so in either we need to be winning a lot of games still. Both are equally as important but I don't know how we manage it all.

• Like 4

If you look at the Czech league and their results in Europe the last few years I'd say its foolish to think we can do much other than play our strongest available side.

Still can't believe we've drawn a trip to Prague and we can't even go, bloody criminal.

• Like 2

They seem to have two dangerous attacking players Kuchta and Sima. I have no idea what their strengths are though...

The one thing I learned from the games in the group stage were that the teams were technically very good, Braga for example played some really intricate football that would give most clubs a run for their money from a technical point of you. Even Zorya played some impressive stuff at times. 

Where we were head shoulders above them though was from a physical point of you. None of the defences seemed to be able to live with Barnes' power and pace and our defenders all seemed too quick for the attacking threats on a one to one basis.

I'm sure these opposition players are used to getting their own way in their respective leagues but as soon as they come up against the physical specimens we posses they don't seem to know how to handle them. It's a bit like Celtic in their prime  a few years a go trying to cut it in Europe when they tried to dominant decent European teams like they did in the league if often ended in tears.

This is why we'll have a such a massive advantage in this competition right up until we play the real cream nearer the end. Slavia .Prague though are going to have to change everything about the way they play, everything they're used to if they are going realistically offer us a game, if they go toe to toe we'll win at a canter. We however have the luxury of going in and playing our usual game. 

I predict a comfortable Leicester win in the end. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Best team possible.

We fought hard to get into Europe and I want us to do as well as we possibly can. 

I think the same for each game. 

Do I want to get top 4 yes? play the strongest team.

Do I want the FA cup? Yes, play the strongest team.

Do I want the Europa? Yes, play the strongest team. 

Injuries are part and parcel of the game, we have a strong squad, let's use it. If a player feels fit to play, let him play, swap up the subs through out games to give all those that need it a rest. Most of them should be fit enough to play 2 games a week. 

Let's hope for a strong end to the season and not a repeat of last year. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

You are kidding right?

Maybe for Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal, but not us.

Not at all, I'd safely predict for the majority of people, including most Leicester fans, an FA Cup win would be forgotten in round 9 days.

To the the people that would would enjoy and remember the moment for longer, great, I'd be happy for them, including yourself, but to me it's a competition from the olden days compared to our European ambitions. 

• Like 1

Never been to Prague, they tell me it's a nice place to visit.

It's a damn shame that we cannot go to these games, I've been to Athens, loved the city.

No idea as to how Slavia play, I'm sure the match analysts at city have been poring over their games to give Brendan some insight as to their strengths and weaknesses.

We have have an indication as to how we'll approach the match when we hear the team news.

2 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Not at all, I'd safely predict for the majority of people, including most Leicester fans, an FA Cup win would be forgotten in round 9 days.

To the the people that would would enjoy and remember the moment for longer, great, I'd be happy for them, including yourself, but to me it's a competition from the olden days compared to our European ambitions. 

Each to their own I guess

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We've 14 league games left and we probably need 28 points to get top 4 as the points total required for this season will be high. The EL there are 9 games to go for the finalists, so in either we need to be winning a lot of games still. Both are equally as important but I don't know how we manage it all.

I think 28 point is a little heavy, that's another 8-9 wins, even 7 wins and 21 points gives 67 pts see the chasing pack need the following; 

Chelsea 28 point, 9 wins from 15 games (Only won 11 in 23 games)

West Ham 28 point, 9 wins from 15 games (Only won 11 in 23 games)

Everton 30 point 10 wins from 17 games (Only won 11 in 21 games)

Villa 31 points 10 wins+ from 16 games (Only won 11 in 22 games)

Spurs 31 points 10 + form 15 games (Only won 11 in 23 games)

For me yesterday was a massive result. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

25/26 should do it, looking at what Chelsea and Everton might achieve. But we were all sucked into those calculations last season when 14 points clear of Utd. Best not, eh?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Really, I still smile and think about our two league cup wins under MO.

I think it would be another massive moment for us. 

20+ years ago the league cup meant more than it does now. 

Thank you, I've just remembered those 2 cup wins, I smiled, they were amazing moments, but long gone for me now. 

It would be a massive moment for us, huge, but quickly forgettable for many. 

I'm just not keen on the FA Cup taking 'priority' over the EL. 

The legitimacy of the FA Cup discussion goes on and and on and on. 

I see your point and I'll continue to state...I'll be ecstatic for Leicester fans if winning the FA Cup makes them happy. 

Nice Stadium.  This is going to be a very hard game and cannot see BR resting anyone. 

Germany has closed its border to the Czech Republic today due to coronavirus mutation concerns - very worrying.

17 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Some of us on here, like me, are from the "olden days".  Having seen too many losses in the final, I'd love to see our name on the FA cup.

I know and there are a great number of properly experienced fans like yourself on here and I respect you all fully.

That's the section of people I'd be most happiest for, to see Leicester lift the FA Cup and have their desire fulfilled would be amazing.

For me, I'll enjoy my 9 days.