Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

1 hour ago, demon_dog said:

Never been to Prague, they tell me it's a nice place to visit.

It's a damn shame that we cannot go to these games, I've been to Athens, loved the city.

No idea as to how Slavia play, I'm sure the match analysts at city have been poring over their games to give Brendan some insight as to their strengths and weaknesses.

We have have an indication as to how we'll approach the match when we hear the team news.

Prague is a brilliant city to visit, plenty of bars etc and a big square to sit in with a few beers. We were there 5 years ago and went and saw Slavia's rivals Sparta play Schalke in the Europa lge disappointed to be missing out on going again, but hopefully we get some European games next season that we can go to.

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

I know and there are a great number of properly experienced fans like yourself on here and I respect you all fully.

That's the section of people I'd be most happiest for, to see Leicester lift the FA Cup and have their desire fulfilled would be amazing.

For me, I'll enjoy my 9 days. 

Is there a ‘boo!’ Emoji?

• Haha 1

Our next four fixtures:

Thu - Slavia Prague

Sun - Aston Villa

Thu - Slavia Prague

Sun - Arsenal

Then we have the luxury of a week off before we play Brighton the following Saturday. In sport it's important not to look too far into the future and we should be managing the squad over the next four fixtures and then take stock again after Arsenal. 

I could see the return of the 3 at the back for this away fixture. Would happily grind out a draw here to take back for the home tie. 

Kasper

Amartey  Soyuncu Fuchs

Ricardo                             Thomas

Mendy       Ndidi

Maddison         Barnes

Iheanacho 

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

I could see the return of the 3 at the back for this away fixture. Would happily grind out a draw here to take back for the home tie. 

Kasper

Amartey  Soyuncu Fuchs

Ricardo                             Thomas

Mendy       Ndidi

Maddison         Barnes

Iheanacho 

I wouldn't usually be in favour of 3 at the back, but this would allow us to use more fringe players, I think. Not a bad idea. Wouldn't be totally against it.

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Our next four fixtures:

Thu - Slavia Prague

Sun - Aston Villa

Thu - Slavia Prague

Sun - Arsenal

Then we have the luxury of a week off before we play Brighton the following Saturday. In sport it's important not to look too far into the future and we should be managing the squad over the next four fixtures and then take stock again after Arsenal. 

Do explain, I don't know what that means?

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Rest Tielemans, he needs it.

This is a game where we don’t absolutely need his creativity, give him a couple of days off training too.

And play who? Praet is injured. And last thing I wanna see is a Hamza/Ndidi double pivot against a team we should beat. 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Rest Tielemans, he needs it.

This is a game where we don’t absolutely need his creativity, give him a couple of days off training too.

Rodgers very cleverly came out with that shit about him being a rhythm player and him needing to play all the time to stay fit. We’re getting to a very dangerous point with Tielemans for me, he needs some time off he hardly ever gets a break. It looks fantastic if he stays fit and continues to perform but he’ll crate his own problems if he gets injured and he’ll have to face some harsh questions if that happens - look at the reaction to when Justin got injured last week for example. It was a bit of a freak accident but Rodgers still got pelters. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Rodgers very cleverly came out with that shit about him being a rhythm player and him needing to play all the time to stay fit. We’re getting to a very dangerous point with Tielemans for me, he needs some time off he hardly ever gets a break. It looks fantastic if he stays fit and continues to perform but he’ll crate his own problems if he gets injured and he’ll have to face some harsh questions if that happens - look at the reaction to when Justin got injured last week for example. It was a bit of a freak accident but Rodgers still got pelters. 

How about playing Maddison as an 8..

Hamza       Maddison

Mendy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

How about playing Maddison as an 8..

Hamza       Maddison

Mendy 

I don’t think it would be a vintage game for Maddison in that position but yes, probably. The need to give Tielemans a rest is going to have to force us to be creative with a selection at some point. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

I don’t think it would be a vintage game for Maddison in that position but yes, probably. The need to give Tielemans a rest is going to have to force us to be creative with a selection at some point. 

Yeah, just for the one game. Might help with progressing the ball. How about playing Maddison alongside Hamza in a 3-4-3? 

10 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Not at all, I'd safely predict for the majority of people, including most Leicester fans, an FA Cup win would be forgotten in round 9 days.

To the the people that would would enjoy and remember the moment for longer, great, I'd be happy for them, including yourself, but to me it's a competition from the olden days compared to our European ambitions. 

It must be a generational thing, and I can't, and don't want to change your viewpoint.

For me I'd wish the following in order of preference:-

1) Europa League - to win the second big trophy in Europe would be massive.

2) FA Cup - so much history wrapped up in it, and it completes the domestic set. Many memories over the years, and get rid of that "unluckiest club in the competition's history." I suspect we are 0/4.

3) The league. We've won it, but a second time would be something special.

4) Champions League participation. Realistically we won't win it, and we've got cash as a club. The pickings are incidental.

As someone has said earlier in the thread, the argument matters not, as it should be the strongest side we can for every game from now, and bring players in as we need to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1