Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

27 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Yeah, just for the one game. Might help with progressing the ball. How about playing Maddison alongside Hamza in a 3-4-3? 

Prefer that less so than having Mendy in there as well. Hamza wanders off out of position a lot so we could end up with Maddison, basically, on his own in that shape. 

Slavia Prague are in some fantastic form

1693172881_Screenshot2021-02-15at00_18_27.png.489679a0faa48e3da9abe23f29f046e8.png

No loses. They rarely draw. And have the best defense and attack the league by far.

With the best goal scorers in the league (Sima, Kuchta and Olayinka)

507503879_Screenshot2021-02-15at00_18_57.png.bfc646658adc48cffe4919d8de411173.png

Their confidence and team spirit will be sky high. Obviously this is the Czech league but this will be tough, no question.

Edited by Foxxed
S Prague ...

27 minutes ago, Manini said:

Prefer that less so than having Mendy in there as well. Hamza wanders off out of position a lot so we could end up with Maddison, basically, on his own in that shape. 

I'm a fan of Hamza for his ability to protect Tielemans in a very physical league and allow him to dictate the play. But things may be different against Czech opponents, I don't know. Mendy is the more progressive passer, for sure.

2 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

I’d go with this, let’s not push ndidi, Ricardo and Vardy too soon after Injury. Plus we might need them in the second leg if we need a big win. 

Kasper

Big Dan

Soyunco

Fuchs

Albrighton 

choudhury

mendy 

thomas

Barnes 

Maddison

Ian

I'll take this as a wind up? There is no right winger and that midfield would be chewed up, spat out and find itself under someone's shoe.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Slavia Prague are in some fantastic form

1693172881_Screenshot2021-02-15at00_18_27.png.489679a0faa48e3da9abe23f29f046e8.png

No loses. They rarely draw. And have the best defense and attack the league by far.

With the best goal scorers in the league

507503879_Screenshot2021-02-15at00_18_57.png.bfc646658adc48cffe4919d8de411173.png

They're confidence and team spirit will be sky high. Obviously this is a Czech league but this will be tough, no question.

"S. Prague" that helps lol 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think we'll go quite strong for this with 3 at the back and try and bit then in the counter.

Maybe just soak up pressure most of the game. 

Yeah. I would rather save energy, focus on the league, the fa cup and stave off injuries.

Rest Youri and Ndidi. Try to shithouse it.   Play some dull, defensive football for 75. Bring on Vards, Barnes and Maddison in the last 15.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gerard said:

Just went through their team and a good few are one cap wonders which probably makes them about Championship standard.

One player to watch though is this lad.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13514841/arsenal-abdallah-sima-thierry-henry/

...not that impressive...!!!

Very  rangey and looks much better upfront that in the middle of the park. £50m is a far fetched wish by them, there is much better at half the price.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Very  rangey and looks much better upfront that in the middle of the park. £50m is a far fetched wish by them, there is much better at half the price.

Well he only signed for £100k last summer and his contract is up two years this summer so they have no chance of getting that kind of money. Only 19 though and looks the best player in the Czech league by the stats. Maybe one for us to keep a close eye on as he fits our criterea?

5 hours ago, Manini said:

Rodgers very cleverly came out with that shit about him being a rhythm player and him needing to play all the time to stay fit. We’re getting to a very dangerous point with Tielemans for me, he needs some time off he hardly ever gets a break. It looks fantastic if he stays fit and continues to perform but he’ll crate his own problems if he gets injured and he’ll have to face some harsh questions if that happens - look at the reaction to when Justin got injured last week for example. It was a bit of a freak accident but Rodgers still got pelters. 

The questions & pelters....Dont come from the sensible posters...:twitch:

57 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Sima is in some ridiculously good form. 11 goals this season. Five in the last three games.

0CA690D8-20D0-489A-83DB-EEAE92001186.thumb.jpeg.a6bc37c4bcd83c741e8d9006b4d78762.jpeg

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I viewed a number of Slavia Praha's group stage. Sima is incredibly impressive.  He sets himself apart with his movement.  Little runs from blindspots to surprise the backs, dummy runs, setting up his next run constantly.  He's very young, but his understanding of movement is mature.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

25/26 should do it, looking at what Chelsea and Everton might achieve. But we were all sucked into those calculations last season when 14 points clear of Utd. Best not, eh?

Everton have 16 games remaining but exactly half of those are against their top 4/6 competitors (playing Man City twice, Chelsea, West Ham, Villa, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal) - of any I'd suggest Everton seem the most likely to drift away from the pack....especially given their dour style of play.

But I 100% hear you re our 14 point gap last year and remember feeling very comfortable/smug

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydney_Blue said:

Everton have 16 games remaining but exactly half of those are against their top 4/6 competitors (playing Man City twice, Chelsea, West Ham, Villa, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal) - of any I'd suggest Everton seem the most likely to drift away from the pack....especially given their dour style of play.

But I 100% hear you re our 14 point gap last year and remember feeling very comfortable/smug

We’re the same as Everton actually - 7 of our 14 are against top 4/top 6 competitors. 
But I agree with you that they (and Villa and West Ham!!) are likely to fall away. Not sure how long DCL is out but he’s as important to Everton as Antonio is to West Ham?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Most important thing is to be still in the tie when we take them back to the King Power.

Still think we will go thought pretty convincingly.

ideal scenario would be to be out of site by the second leg so the main players get a mini break heading into the Arsenal game, that being said I can see this one being a tight affair.. 2 maybe 3-1?

I'd go

Schmeichel

Amartey  Soyuncu Evans Thomas

Mendy Tielmanns

Under Maddison Barnes

Iheanacho

Think thats strong enough to take a lead back home and sticks to 442, please no more 3 at the back

In an ideal world, i'd like to give Evans and Tielmanns a break but there just is not the cover. If we can get out of site (which I cannot see), maybe some legs will get the week off in the next leg

• Like 1

Kasper 

Thomas

Fuchs

Amartey 

Powell dude

Mendy

Choudhury

Albrighton 

Maddison

Under

Ian

Rest Youri

Vardy

Soyuncu 

Ricardo

Barnes

Ndidi

Shit House a 0-0 or 1-0 loss and beat them at home. Man Utd QF and upcoming league games mean we can afford more injuries 

On 14/02/2021 at 18:50, Danny Clender said:

Excellently validated.

The reason why I disagree with you is that the club have instilled great emphasis on competing in Europe consistently. This years EL competition is how we are currently implementing that plan, so to see a fan go against that vision is an opinion to easily disagree with. 

For the majority, I think winning the FA Cup would be forgotten about in around 9 days. 

I am aware there is a large group of sentimental fans that would love to win the FA Cup, fair play, but for the rest of the crowd, it's really not that much anymore. 

If we are prioritising competitions, we'll get to see how that plays out live over the next 3 weeks and we'll all have a better understanding then. 

Imagine having a cracking day at Wembley (or watching on TV) as Vardy rounds Ederson to complete his hat trick and make it 5 - 0. Kasper walks up the steps and lifts the oldest trophy on football high above his head and we all go nuts.

Flash forwards 2 weeks, your in the final round of the pub quiz, you’ve been neck and neck with Barry and Marge, who always win the drinks in the end. Here’s your chance the final tie breaking question:

Who won the 2021 FA Cup and you’re just sat

there, crap I haven’t got the foggiest.

It’s all over Marge knows, she knows all of the winners of every FA Cup since the competition began and it’s all over, the whole pub sigh as Boring Barry pops forward to collect his jug of Carling black label.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2