Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

14 hours ago, Nalis said:

Guaranteed if fans were allowed some of ours would turn up at the Sparta Prague stadium wondering why its so quiet.

There was a situation a couple of years ago where some Benfica fans went to the wrong Frankfurt and missed the game, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was a social media publicity stunt.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah not seen it mentioned, looked to me like it was his back, and he's had trouble before with it hasn't he? Seemed to get better as the second half progressed, but it's whether it seized up once the game finished.

Looked like he an injection at half time to me and was waiting for it to kick in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, los dedos said:

I assumed it was his toe nail as he ripped it off in the previous match . So the dressing probably came loose and was easily sorted at half time

He was still limping for the first ten mins of the second half and then seemed ok thereafter ??

How many fans will be allowed in the stadium ??  

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He was still limping for the first ten mins of the second half and then seemed ok thereafter ??

No fans allowed.   Situation in Czech Republic getting worse.  Germany and Austria closed borders in last day or so.

Kasper, Ricardo, Amartey, Cags, Thomas, Mendy, Hamza, Madders, Under, Albrighton, Nacho.

Seems defensive with Mendy and Hamza but Youri needs a rest and we can have Evans, Tielemans, Ndidi, Barnes and Vardy on the bench. Keep it tight 1st half then maybe throw on Barnes and Vardy for the last 25 mins to have a go at them. We can use 5 subs in EL as well which is useful. 

Having Ricardo and Under down the right should help Madders with the creativity.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Funnily enough I was going to put that maybe he'd had a pain killing injection at halftime. :ph34r:

20 hours ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

I meant Mitropa Cup!

Thanks, I've always been interested in that era of football because my grandad was Austrian and my gran Hungarian (they fled Vienna in 1938 or 39, after the Anschluss). I have just looked at the wiki, it's a proto European Cup really. Very interesting, I guess the intensity of the competition in the region helped push the standards up.

It's a good time to respect Middle European football culture. Soucek came from Slavia, and if they have any more like him it will not be easy.

6 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

May not be of note, but I see theyve added Tyrese Shade to the squad.

He was in for that Zoryha game before Xmas but then didn't travel, likewise Tavares. I notice Shade is back training now after injury but with the U23's.

23 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I'll take this as a wind up? There is no right winger and that midfield would be chewed up, spat out and find itself under someone's shoe.

Maddison and Barnes can float between left and right mid and ndidi can’t play every game 

2 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

As close to our strongest squad as feasible please. 

And then play the second string against Villa?

7 hours ago, Simonb said:

am I reading it wrong? is it not 4 in his last 5?  still decent though

Yeah I read it backwards. Still phenomenal though. Their league's best two goal scorers which includes a 19 year old wonder kid.

On 14/02/2021 at 20:49, st albans fox said:

@Twitcher - can you give us some insight into the cash reserves we have ? 

What, you think we're struggling; the sales of players we've had?

Add to that the owners aren't short of a few bob. It wasn't long ago, we were in the rich list; might be mistaken but at one stage I thought we'd sneaked into the top ten.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

What, you think we're struggling; the sales of players we've had?

Add to that the owners aren't short of a few bob. It wasn't long ago, we were in the rich list; might be mistaken but at one stage I thought we'd sneaked into the top ten.

Not sure where to begin mate ........

4 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Sad state of affairs if we'd sacrifice an FA Cup or Europa League cup for money. 

I might as well support Amazon or Google if money is the end game.

Not the end game but it’s in v short supply at the moment and the club has big contractual commitments to the playing squad ....