Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

I think out of all the players in our squad Maddison is the one who is the least likely to move. Hes not going to get in any of the top sides, just signed a massive long term contract and no ones going to pay the money we’d ask for especially in the climate we’re in so itd be a complete non starter. Ill generally be amazed if we lose any of our top players this summer

To prize any of our top players away would take the sort of money few, if any, would be willing to pay this coming transfer window. Add in CL qualification, IF we achieve that, and the usual one name out, several unknowns in, does not have the same impetus. 

CL qualification could genuinely be massive for us this time around and the springboard to solidifying our progress. 

After all these years of supporting the boys through so much mediocrity I cannot  believe that we are now on the verge of being regular challengers for top 4. It is incredible. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha we aren't going to bring Sowah back and put him in the 23's. He'll either come back and be a squad player or will remain on loan somewhere.

I would be fuming if he came back and got dumped into the u23s haha

I think we will either leave him at Leuven for another season, or get him his work permit and find him a loan over here to see how he does

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

Somewhat agree, but I can't see Sowah being seen as a first team player, more an U23 option if we sort his Visa out

If we are genuinely keen on Otavio and Thauvin and are both free, i'd take them both and go all out for Toney, although I'd imagine it would be Eduard we'd get.... I'm 50/50 on Lingard, he has the ability and the league know-how, but would he fade out eventually, who knows? Could be worth a risk. If Fulham do drop down, I'd be in for Lookman as an option against Barnes to give him a rest, although that may command a decent fee

If we were to start the season with something along the lines of the below, I think we could genuinely be deemed contenders from the get go

Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

Justin, Castagne, Pereira, Thomas

Evans, Amartey, Fofana, Soyuncu

Ndidi, Mendy, Tielmanns, Praet, Dewsbury-Hall or Soumare (Depends if Kiernan is ready)

Thauvin, Albrighton, Barnes, Lookman

Maddison, Otavio or Lingard

Vardy, Iheanacho, Toney or Eduard

26 names but Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall I think wouldn't need to be named due to age? 

Throw into that the graduates who could get cup game time, Daley-Campbell, Ben Nelson, Tavares (if still here), sowah (if still here) Leshabela et al - pretty decent

Offload Hamza, Morgan, Fuchs, Perez and return Under

Isn’t lookman still only on loan at Fulham? Sure he’s still contracted to I wanna say either RBL or RBS?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Simonb said:

what's the score with Sowah anyway? Is it a visa issue?

Yeah under the previous transfer rules we'd only get a work permit for him once he started playing for Ghana regularly. Post brexit though its now points based on the calibre of league they are in, domestic cups etc. He now will just about get enough points to get a WP to come and play in England.

Just now, casablancas said:

Isn’t lookman still only on loan at Fulham? Sure he’s still contracted to I wanna say either RBL or RBS?

Not sure to be honest, was just a name drop more than anything - there was nothing it other than me personally thinking he'd be a good option alongside Barnes. Vaguely remember it being a loan on deadline day though so you may be right.... most of the last years been a blur, as it has for everyone haha

And to be truthful, would a young English left sided attacker won't to go and play second fiddle to one further up the queue? probably not... more wishful thinking

Either way, providing we don't lose anyone important, I honestly think we'll have a squad capable of being considered a real challenger, whereas I still get the feeling this year we're classed as overachievers by everybody apart from overselves

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah under the previous transfer rules we'd only get a work permit for him once he started playing for Ghana regularly. Post brexit though its now points based on the calibre of league they are in, domestic cups etc. He now will just about get enough points to get a WP to come and play in England.

Ah excellent, he's another one where I've heard great things about... but it's hard to judge playing in Belgium...

But then Mahrez came from ligue 2 in France which isnt up to much and I don't think he turned out too bad given time did he

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Not sure to be honest, was just a name drop more than anything - there was nothing it other than me personally thinking he'd be a good option alongside Barnes. Vaguely remember it being a loan on deadline day though so you may be right.... most of the last years been a blur, as it has for everyone haha

And to be truthful, would a young English left sided attacker won't to go and play second fiddle to one further up the queue? probably not... more wishful thinking

Either way, providing we don't lose anyone important, I honestly think we'll have a squad capable of being considered a real challenger, whereas I still get the feeling this year we're classed as overachievers by everybody apart from overselves

Haha. Mate I work in ICU everything is a blur to me haha. I get what you’re saying. And I completely agree with your last paragraph bud. 

Just now, casablancas said:

Haha. Mate I work in ICU everything is a blur to me haha. I get what you’re saying. And I completely agree with your last paragraph bud. 

haha yea I shouldn't use the last year as an excuse, My memory bank blew up once I had kids to be honest

I still think Rodgers will be looking at a better quality option at 4th choice to Amartey, but I'm hoping the versatility of the squad sways him from that, Justin can drop in if needed, although I hate to take him out of position Wilf will too.... So I'm hoping the thought process is purely on attacking options, plus someone of Soumares Ilk to oust Hamza... no disrespect to Hamza, grafter, seems a great lad around the club, but ultimately, we've outgrown him and we'd get a fee. With Mendy doing so well this year, it pushes Hamza down the pecking order, and we'd get nothing for Papy anyway with just a year left here

It makes sense to keep Chodhury to help ensure we have a full European squad.  I like him anyway.  Maybe Mendy is a potential sale.

KDH and Josh Knight have to be possible squad members with Europe in kind.  KDH looms the more likely but Knight's versatility could be an added bonus.

Does Thomas count as an U21 next season?

1 minute ago, majaco said:

It makes sense to keep Chodhury to help ensure we have a full European squad.  I like him anyway.  Maybe Mendy is a potential sale.

KDH and Josh Knight have to be possible squad members with Europe in kind.  KDH looms the more likely but Knight's versatility could be an added bonus.

Does Thomas count as an U21 next season?

Well I certainly don’t, unless it’s IQ. 

23 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Ah excellent, he's another one where I've heard great things about... but it's hard to judge playing in Belgium...

But then Mahrez came from ligue 2 in France which isnt up to much and I don't think he turned out too bad given time did he

The top Belgian league is a good standard and seems to translate better to the Prem than the top Dutch league. Just looking at his stats this season 8 goals and 4 assists in 30 games aged 21 and its pretty decent. Trossard at Brighton scored 8 in 30 at the same age when on loan at Leuven in the top division so I'd be happy if he is as good as him in a year or two.

We need a few more impact players on the bench and I think that's what Sowah will be next season for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Dean Henderson could be an interesting one to look at 

He’s already on 110k a week apparently... not sure we’d fork that out, not when Kasper has a good 3-5 years left at this level. Especially when you look at his reflexes and his shot stopping abilities. Plus he’s never injured, mind you when you consider it, other than knocking it into touch and making the odd worldie he isn’t the busiest of ‘keepers. 

Can't say I've seen him play other than youtube clips but Ibrahim Sangare looks like a perfect long-term Wilf replacement/ understudy stat-wise.

Sangare vs Wilf                                             

65461da5c61e5c558114dce1c3c38508.pngb90fd21ea68c45b40436f0ef2c42bee4.png

Sangare's defensive stats are absolutely disgusting.

Just now, matty98 said:

Can't say I've seen him play other than youtube clips but Ibrahim Sangare looks like a perfect long-term Wilf replacement/ understudy stat-wise.

Sangare vs Wilf                                             

What site is that you have got that from?

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Welcome to the club. I've spent many an hour disappearing down rabbit holes on fbref.

My only criticism of it is some of it I can pick faults in, for example Stengs has 0.00 non penalty goals according to fbref but he's scored 6 this season? Likewise Tsyghanov has 0.00 assists but has 3 assists? 

6 hours ago, matty98 said:

Sangare vs Wilf                                             

A guy I mentioned the other day, his tackling and interception stats are filth.

• Like 1