Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

19 hours ago, sdb said:

I'm spending far more time than is healthy wishing we signed Lingard in Jan.

I think the mistake we made was not paying up for Eriksen. A loan fee and 300k a week is nothing compared to the potential lost income from risking losing form because of injury. Of course the hope would have been that Maddison wouldn’t have got injured but it seems in hindsight like a poor decision.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nick said:

Read more like you were having a fit whilst writing it than writing about ‘fit’.

lol 

You can be lob as many JUVENILE personal insults as you like, Jesse still ain't coming here... lol

Edited by NaijaFox

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I still can not recall Rodgers bringing anyone from his previous club with him, except Congerton!!!

Really can not see this happening.

Signed Scott Sinclair from Chelsea for Swansea and eventually got him up at Celtic, Kolo Toure for both Liverpool and Celtic, took Joe Allen from Swansea to Liverpool, signed loads of Chelsea players when he was Watford, Reading and Swansea

He certainly doesn't shy away from signing players from his old clubs if he can

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

You can be lob as many JUVENILE personal insults as you like, Jesse still ain't coming here... lol

Not sure what you are on about - period. I never suggested Jesse Lingard was coming here. And then you started banging on weirdly about 'fit and leeway' with zero substance or explanation.

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I still can not recall Rodgers bringing anyone from his previous club with him, except Congerton!!!

The Welsh Xavi went to Liverpool! 

Probably been mentioned several times and may come at a big cost (if his agent is Jorge Mendes), but I think we should try and get Neto off Wolves. Without Jimenez he's Wolves' best player in a team that's underperforming, always direct and electric and puts in a shift down the whole flank. So in comparison to the likes of Under and Albrighton he's not only better going forward, but won't shirk his responsibilities when tracking back/defending.

I wouldn't expect him to be cheap, though. But maybe the lure of European football (consistently?) may help...

5 hours ago, Nick said:

Not sure what you are on about - period. I never suggested Jesse Lingard was coming here. And then you started banging on weirdly about 'fit and leeway' with zero substance or explanation.

Grow up. 

I agreed that Lingard was quality but that I didn’t think he would fit here (and even explain why, without seeing the needed for a treatise). Not sure what was supposedly “weird” about it (except perhaps you think people who proffer opinions that differ from yours are by definition “weird”). Meanwhile, my comment was a compound one to both of your and @StriderHiryu’s comments, and like the class person he is, he likely took it in good faith (without having to agree with it), while you got all stroppy and started hurling childish and churlish personal insults. Act your age dude. When you share an opinion on a PUBLIC forum (a DISCUSSION forum nonetheless), the PUBLIC you address has the right to respond/comment as they choose. I personally enjoy this forum for its DIVERSE opinions, and would suggest that those who cannot handle different viewpoints should try www.herdmentality.net.  Anyway, done with this petty BS. Good day.

Edited by NaijaFox

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Grow up. 

I agreed that Lingard was quality but that I didn’t think he would fit here. Not sure what was supposedly “weird” about it (except perhaps you think people who proffer opinions that differ from yours are by definition “weird”). Meanwhile, my comment was a compound one to both of your and @StriderHiryu’s comments, and like the class person he is, he likely took it in good faith (without having to agree with it), while you got all stroppy and started hurling childish and churlish personal insults. Act your age dude. When you share an opinion on a PUBLIC forum (a DISCUSSION forum nonetheless), the PUBLIC you address has the right to respond/comment as they choose. I personally enjoy this forum for its DIVERSE opinions, and those who can’t handle different viewpoints should try www.herdmentality.net.  Anyway, done with the pettiness. Good day.

😂 I’ve no idea still what you are going on about, and why you are upset! 

You wrote something about him not being a good fit but didn’t explain why. You then mentioned something about him getting leeway at West Ham that he wouldn’t get here but didn’t say what that was. You then went on to tell me he wouldn’t be coming here twice - which I didn’t say he was - now you are having a melt down at me! 

Christ! 😂 

Just now, Nick said:

😂 I’ve no idea still what you are going on about, and why you are upset! 

You wrote something about him not being a good fit but didn’t explain why. You then mentioned something about him getting leeway at West Ham that he wouldn’t get here but didn’t say what that was. You then went on to tell me he wouldn’t be coming here twice - which I didn’t say he was - now you are having a melt down at me! 

Christ! 😂 

Yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn 

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wouldn't mind Saint-Maximin from Newcastle. Would cost a chunk but has that ability to just glide past people 

I can’t see us buying him or any other promising premier league player unless he’s unwanted, desperate to leave or suits the selling club to sell. Purely because we can’t offer maximin substantially better wages than what he can get where he is and we can’t offer Newcastle the type of fee that it would take to take him off their hands. Only teams that have that financial pulling power are the “traditional top 6”. This is why most the transfers of teams below the “ traditional top 6” come from other leagues in Europe. You may say champions league or European football? But why Leicester when if your that promising you could wait for a bigger team financially to come in get double or triple what you would get at Leicester and still have the chance of Europe. We bought Perez but in all honesty Newcastle knew they were getting a good deal with him and it seems like they made the right choice.

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I think Brendan really rate him and unless we can come up with someone better for the type of money quoted I think this will happen.

It's also noticeable that he's upped his game lately scoring again putting himself in the window. 

We need an alternative striker at the minimum, an older head with experience like Giroud, he absolutely leads the line for Chelsea in Europe every time he plays.

If Iheanacho doesn't sign a new contract surely he'll be sold this summer, then we'll sign a Vardy long term replacement and another alternative striker. I hope anyway.

Manager rather than a player...

On Monday morning, Portuguese newspaper O Jogo featured a story claiming two Premier League clubs are interested in the signing of Sporting manager Ruben Amorim.

It was said these unnamed sides got in touch to know the conditions to potentially sign the coach, and heard he’s only focused on taking the Lions to the league title for now.

Even though O Jogo didn’t reveal who were the clubs, a similar story from journalist Bruno Andrade makes it sound like Leeds United and Leicester City could be them.

On Twitter, the reporter doesn’t relate his information to O Jogo’s. He just claims that Whites and Foxes are following Amorim’s situation ‘with attention’.

It’s claimed that in Leeds United’s case, it has to do with the uncertainty regarding Marcelo Bielsa’s contract renewal with the club.

Meanwhile, Brendan Rodgers has his value going up, meaning he could leave for a new club, so Leicester City are watching out for a backup plan.

Bruno Andrade doesn’t bring any details on how far these clubs have got or if Ruben Amorim has given a positive sign to any of them.

Now with Sporting close on winning the Portuguese League title after many years, it makes sense that the manager is completely focused on his job for now.

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 1

The key word is 'could' be LCFC or Leeds, not 'definitely'.

Also 'claiming' doesn't sound very convincing, either.

So likely an article based on no hard evidence imo..

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1