Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

7 hours ago, NasPb said:

Should watch him more. More of a decoure type and even better. He's a cm, box to box esque 

I've watched a fair amount of him, he's a good player but I've some concerns over whether he's suitable for us. I think there are better box to box players out there who bring more goals and assists. Maybe that's something the club think they could develop from him bit it would be some development given he's showed very little ability in that regard at Lille. He's about as creative as Papy Mendy.

17 hours ago, boots60 said:

That deal was a blessing in disguise. Tommy English was so bad we had to move our right winger up front to take his place.

His name was Gary Lineker.

Not quite how I remember it. Lineker was already established as a striker with us prior to English signing.

Lineker scored 19 goals playing up front in 1981/82 which was the season before English joined us.

• Like 2

Since coming off the bench in Leeds United’s defeat to Manchester United in December, Pascal Struijk has started 10 league games in a row.

The 21-year-old’s ‘rapid development’ has not gone unnoticed and in particular, has caught Leicester City’s attention.

That’s what De Telegraaf are reporting in today’s edition of the newspaper, and add the Whites man is attracting ‘interest’ from the Foxes and Napoli.

It’s claimed both Brendan Rodgers’ side and the Naples club have ‘inquired’, most likely with the centre-back’s camp, about signing Struijk.

That’s about the only information mentioned about Marcelo Bielsa’s man, who has a contract with Leeds until 2024.

Struijk was born in Belgium, but has represented the Netherlands at youth level. He has been in the news in recent weeks, after deciding to apply for a Belgian passport.

Roberto Martínez has confirmed De Rode Duivels are closely following Struijk and has already held talks with him. 

De Telegraaf even suggest the versatile player could receive a Belgium call up for March’s international break.

While Belgium and the Netherlands are yet to find out Struijk’s decision on international representation, a new battle, this time involving Leicester and Napoli, could take place in the summer.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Since coming off the bench in Leeds United’s defeat to Manchester United in December, Pascal Struijk has started 10 league games in a row.

The 21-year-old’s ‘rapid development’ has not gone unnoticed and in particular, has caught Leicester City’s attention.

That’s what De Telegraaf are reporting in today’s edition of the newspaper, and add the Whites man is attracting ‘interest’ from the Foxes and Napoli.

It’s claimed both Brendan Rodgers’ side and the Naples club have ‘inquired’, most likely with the centre-back’s camp, about signing Struijk.

That’s about the only information mentioned about Marcelo Bielsa’s man, who has a contract with Leeds until 2024.

Struijk was born in Belgium, but has represented the Netherlands at youth level. He has been in the news in recent weeks, after deciding to apply for a Belgian passport.

Roberto Martínez has confirmed De Rode Duivels are closely following Struijk and has already held talks with him. 

De Telegraaf even suggest the versatile player could receive a Belgium call up for March’s international break.

While Belgium and the Netherlands are yet to find out Struijk’s decision on international representation, a new battle, this time involving Leicester and Napoli, could take place in the summer.

Well.... If he came here, you have to imagine the chances of him picking Belgium would increase massively. 

out of the teams battling relegation, I don't think they offer much talent in areas that could improve our squad, hence their respective positions... only one that Springs to mind would be Lookman as back up for Barnes really

If we're dead set on adding a centre back, I'd personally prefer someone like Lewis Dunk over Tarkowski... he's 29, so got about 4 seasons left in him, although I'd imagine he might be another 40m man considering how important he is to Brighton, and that's way over the top for a 4th choice centre back. End of last season, I'd have loved us to sign John Egan from Sheff Utd, looked rock solid... however, that's soon changed, their turgid and he's not been faultless in that

I know Saint-Maximin has been thrown around, but I don't get the hype... looks great when he's doing all his step overs etc, but the end product for me isn't there. Maybe I'm wrong, it could kust be he's playing in a poor side with little to no options to get assists etc but I'd rather stick with Riccy playing there, looks solid, and then scout Europe for a prospect to play as back up

I personally would love to see us go all out for Ivan Toney though if Brentford don't come up (If they do, he'd be extortionate)... but the guys quick, strong, young and has a great eye for goal... got potential to be very very good forward for years to come if he carries on, and I'd rather see him do that here than at a club like West Ham etc, he's better than that.... Not like he wouldn't get much game time with Vardy slowing down and needing a rest every few games.

45 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Seen a couple links this morning, not sure how reputable this source is in Netherlands? 

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/560959914/pascal-struijk-in-beeld-bij-leicester-en-napoli

Seems a strange one to me, not seen a lot of him but what I have seen he doesn’t look great?

Getting better every game and looks a good prospect.  He's 21 and learning the PL on-the-fly after being chucked in at the deepest of deep ends, being asked to play CB and CDM.  Looks a CB all the way though.

Leeds aren't a selling club these days so would pay very little heed to this. 

6 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Getting better every game and looks a good prospect.  He's 21 and learning the PL on-the-fly after being chucked in at the deepest of deep ends, being asked to play CB and CDM.  Looks a CB all the way though.

Leeds aren't a selling club these days so would pay very little heed to this. 

Every club is a selling club these days 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Every club is a selling club these days 

Well I suppose you're right but I guess what I mean is, Leicester aren't Man City/UTD.  They aren't going to make a "money is no object" offer or pay what Struijk might be worth in 3 years time rather than what he's worth now.  Leeds don't need to sell to raise funds so unless Leicester are going to make an offer that Leeds cannot refuse - which isn't your MO - then I see little to nothing in this.

Keeping in mind that we were offered £25-30m for Phillips when we were in the Championship and refused it.  He's now worth probably close to double. We understand future value - at last!

7 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Well I suppose you're right but I guess what I mean is, Leicester aren't Man City/UTD.  They aren't going to make a "money is no object" offer or pay what Struijk might be worth in 3 years time rather than what he's worth now.  Leeds don't need to sell to raise funds so unless Leicester are going to make an offer that Leeds cannot refuse - which isn't your MO - then I see little to nothing in this.

Keeping in mind that we were offered £25-30m for Phillips when we were in the Championship and refused it.  He's now worth probably close to double. We understand future value - at last!

I thought Leeds were mad when they turned that down for Phillips, couldn't really see the potential and I didn't rate him

Seeing him playing in the EPL for Leeds, he's bloody brilliant.... I'd much rather have him than Declan Rice who Chelsea et al seem to be obsessed with

Edited by Simonb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I thought Leeds were mad when they turned that down for Phillips, couldn't really see the potential and I didn't rate him

Seeing him playing in the EPL for Leeds, he's bloody brilliant.... I'd much rather have him than Declan Rice who Chelsea et al seem to be obsessed with

i rather like Rice but seem to be in a minority of Leeds fans who are forever saying how he's not fit to lace KP's boots etc.  But yes, he's taken to the PL like a duck to water, never looking out of place for a moment.

Hands up here, I thought he wouldn't make it before Bielsa.  The way he's developed his talent and carved the DM role out for him has been nothing short of a miracle.  Made the kid an England player single handedly.

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

i rather like Rice but seem to be in a minority of Leeds fans who are forever saying how he's not fit to lace KP's boots etc.  But yes, he's taken to the PL like a duck to water, never looking out of place for a moment.

Hands up here, I thought he wouldn't make it before Bielsa.  The way he's developed his talent and carved the DM role out for him has been nothing short of a miracle.  Made the kid an England player single handedly.

Oh I'm not saying Rice is dogsh*** but I certainly don't think he's mustard... Phillips on the other hand is great, not quite Ndidi standard though :P

Yea, Bielsa worked for him.......... but I still don't understand the hype and how the hell he was ranked 3rd best coach in the world last year hahaha He won the championship, that's all...... I think the media jumped on the bandwagon of his tactical speech and how he watches teams over and over prior to a game,,, makes me laugh because he sets up and plays the same team everyweek... But that being said, as much as I have never liked Leeds, they are the only neutral team I enjoy watching... always exciting, never know whats going to happen, 1 week they're great (ie Leicester at the KP) next they are crap (Leicester at Elland Rd)... but they stick to what they do, and when it comes off, they look brilliant

Plus they've won me a hundred quid as they're staying up :)

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Unless he wants out i'd imagine he's going nowhere

usually one name a season but if we make top 4 I can see us holding on to the team, unless as you say, some wants out

Only problem we have is we're bound to get to a summer where it clogs up a bit surely, and a few want out at the same time? Ndidi's going to attract the best teams in the world, Ricardo hinted 12-18 months ago at ambitions to play elsewhere, Barnes and Madders have the potential to attract the Uniteds and Liverpools, Tielmanns, well, he could start for anyone.... that's without mentioning Cags, Little Wes, JJ etc   

No loyalty in football, and with the decline in La Liga football at Real and Barca, our foreign players would surely be very attractive prospects

Only thing that's going for us though, is how good we usually are at recycling that money into even better players... Wilf, Tielmanns and Riccy alone has got to be around £200m+ in talent if the contracts are long and strong enough

Lets just hope we get Champions League football and enjoy it, only way I can see us potentially holding on to players

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Simonb said:

usually one name a season but if we make top 4 I can see us holding on to the team, unless as you say, some wants out

Only problem we have is we're bound to get to a summer where it clogs up a bit surely, and a few want out at the same time? Ndidi's going to attract the best teams in the world, Ricardo hinted 12-18 months ago at ambitions to play elsewhere, Barnes and Madders have the potential to attract the Uniteds and Liverpools, Tielmanns, well, he could start for anyone.... that's without mentioning Cags, Little Wes, JJ etc   

No loyalty in football, and with the decline in La Liga football at Real and Barca, our foreign players would surely be very attractive prospects

Only thing that's going for us though, is how good we usually are at recycling that money into even better players... Wilf, Tielmanns and Riccy alone has got to be around £200m+ in talent if the contracts are long and strong enough

Lets just hope we get Champions League football and enjoy it, only way I can see us potentially holding on to players

Yep get the 1 name a season but that name has both wanted to leave + not been in the top 3 (5) players at the club.

Wilf is probably 1st or 2nd name on the team sheet & would get into any team in the World currently, there is no way we offer him up as the sacrificial lamb as there isn't another player that does what he does + i can't see any club being able to afford him in the current climate.

Of the 1st team 'name' players  more likey to be offered up i'd imagine it would be 1 of Perez or Nacho & yes they would be classed as 'named' players despite what some think of them.

5 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

if brighton were to go down, i wouldnt mind us going for someone like Aaron Connolly from them

pretty sure we was linked to him too a good few years back too

I've been saying this for ages, most similar player i've seen to Vardy in a long while

Tho if Brighton go down (i doubt they will) im sure Maupay will go and they will keep Connolly to replace him

Most interesting part in the article is this bit:

"HLN cover the report from De Telegraaf and how the 21-year-old is ‘in the picture’ at Napoli and add that, according their information, the player ‘was also offered’ to Leicester.

However, the Foxes have not taken up the offer, insisting that they are ‘not looking’ for an extra centre-back this summer."

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Yep get the 1 name a season but that name has both wanted to leave + not been in the top 3 (5) players at the club.

Wilf is probably 1st or 2nd name on the team sheet & would get into any team in the World currently, there is no way we offer him up as the sacrificial lamb as there isn't another player that does what he does + i can't see any club being able to afford him in the current climate.

Of the 1st team 'name' players  more likey to be offered up i'd imagine it would be 1 of Perez or Nacho & yes they would be classed as 'named' players despite what some think of them.

completely agree with what you was saying... definately not comparing the loss of maguire and chilwell with the potential loss of Wilf or Youri... just saying, with how far we've come as a team .. there will be a point where there isn't really an option but to let players go that we can't afford to lose   .... they all seem happy, but they will have their own ambitions beyond us

The players we lose this summer I'd hope are the fringe players that won't get a game this season, out of contracts too - free up wages better spent elsewhere - for me I'd keep Kelechi as option 3 to Vardy and whoever comes in, but I'd let Ayoze go, doesn't really seem to fit in any role, return Under at end of loan, let Hamza leave to play regular football elsewhere and obviously (however gutting) it's time to wave bye to Fuchs and Morgan

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Much more of a Tielemans than an Ndidi. How many mins has Youri played this season? Not surprising we're looking for a backup.

image.thumb.png.5089b9f936632fc71dfad0ab71930d64.png

Never seen him play but I'm all for this for multiple reasons.

1) He has been linked with a few elite clubs so there is something there behind the stats.

2) He's young and his contract has 12 months left in the summer so more upside for progression and the chance to get a bargain.

3) We have plenty of options in CM but the quality takes quite a dip from Ndidi and Tielemans.

4) He appears to have a different skill set than both Tielemans and Ndidi so will bring a new dimension.

5) 6, 2" tall and very athletic by all accounts, can't have enough height and athleticism in the team.

I'm a big fan of having three first team quality players in each position that requires two players.

Example in the FB's we have JJ, Ricardo, Castagne and now Thomas backing them up.

In CB we have Evans, Caglar and Fofana with Amartey backing them up.

It would be good to have Ndidi, Tielemans and this lad in CM with perhaps KDH backing them up. I'd be happy to sell any of Mendy, Choudhury and Praet if we could get a fair price.

• Like 1