Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Never seen him play but I'm all for this for multiple reasons.

1) He has been linked with a few elite clubs so there is something there behind the stats.

2) He's young and his contract has 12 months left in the summer so more upside for progression and the chance to get a bargain.

3) We have plenty of options in CM but the quality takes quite a dip from Ndidi and Tielemans.

4) He appears to have a different skill set than both Tielemans and Ndidi so will bring a new dimension.

5) 6, 2" tall and very athletic by all accounts, can't have enough height and athleticism in the team.

I'm a big fan of having three first team quality players in each position that requires two players.

Example in the FB's we have JJ, Ricardo, Castagne and now Thomas backing them up.

In CB we have Evans, Caglar and Fofana with Amartey backing them up.

It would be good to have Ndidi, Tielemans and this lad in CM with perhaps KDH backing them up. I'd be happy to sell any of Mendy, Choudhury and Praet if we could get a fair price.

Agree with most of this but I wouldn't be selling Praet. And if we sold Hamza and Mendy we would potentially need to sign another cdm. Midfield options of Ndidi, Mendy, Tielemans, Maddison, Praet, Soumare and KDH would be good for next season and would give us good options to compete on all fronts and have cover for any injuries. I'd be happy for us to loan Hamza out to another prem club to see if he can kick on with a decent amount of game time 

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've watched a fair amount of him, he's a good player but I've some concerns over whether he's suitable for us. I think there are better box to box players out there who bring more goals and assists. Maybe that's something the club think they could develop from him bit it would be some development given he's showed very little ability in that regard at Lille. He's about as creative as Papy Mendy.

Tad harsh imo. His progressive passing and carries stats are very good (6.66 and 5.95 per fbref). Somebody mentioned Dembele earlier and from the stats alone that's a very good comparison.

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Obviously all depends on champions league qualification but if we do achieve top 4 then I’d expect 2 or 3 really exciting signings and none of our top players leaving.

i could still see 1 top player leaving. however i it wouldnt surprise me if you were right. would kind of depend on who we thought we could bring in. because if someone comes in with like 80 mil for maddison or something i imagine we would accept, because with 80 mil and UCL football to offer we could more than make up for losing him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

i could still see 1 top player leaving. however i it wouldnt surprise me if you were right. would kind of depend on who we thought we could bring in. because if someone comes in with like 80 mil for maddison or something i imagine we would accept, because with 80 mil and UCL football to offer we could more than make up for losing him. 

I would be very surprised if Rodgers allowed Maddison to leave. He is a Brendan favourite !

I’m not sure where all this talk of players leaving is coming from. Recently we’ve only sold players who’ve 

demanded a move. We have a great manager, state of the art training facilities, and arguably the best

squad we’ve ever had with a real chance of winning trophies. Which players do people think are banging 

on Brendan’s door asking for a move?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’m not sure where all this talk of players leaving is coming from. Recently we’ve only sold players who’ve 

demanded a move. We have a great manager, state of the art training facilities, and arguably the best

squad we’ve ever had with a real chance of winning trophies. Which players do people think are banging 

on Brendan’s door asking for a move?

It’s a hard habit to get out of worrying about the so called “big 6” taking our best players, the media and agents do their upmost to unsettle players.

Habits of a lifetime are difficult to get out of, I put in a post a few up that none of our best players will leave if we get top 4 and I really hope this to be true.

The lure of playing for Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea will always be there unfortunately, it’s deeply ingrained in our mentality.

Ive purposely left out Arsenal and Spurs because I don’t believe they are the attraction they once were, which is a start.

We’re talking about a huge shift in football when players decide to stay with Leicester rather than move to the 4 I’ve mentioned.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

It’s a hard habit to get out of worrying about the so called “big 6” taking our best players, the media and agents do their upmost to unsettle players.

Habits of a lifetime are difficult to get out of, I put in a post a few up that none of our best players will leave if we get top 4 and I really hope this to be true.

The lure of playing for Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea will always be there unfortunately, it’s deeply ingrained in our mentality.

I think it’s a bit of this but also a financial reality. Those four clubs could put £100k a week onto the salaries of any of our players. If you’re the player or agent that’s tempting. It’ll take a bigger stadium and a decade of success for us to close that commercial gap. The good thing now is we’re in a position to command big fees.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Luttfox said:

I've been saying this for ages, most similar player i've seen to Vardy in a long while

Tho if Brighton go down (i doubt they will) im sure Maupay will go and they will keep Connolly to replace him

Only thing is Connolly doesn’t produce - 5 goals and 3 assists in two season. Vardy’s first PL season still saw 10 assists. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up being interested in Dwight McNeil again (after the apparent interest last summer, whether that was true or not though), does the defensive work like Albrighton, but certainly more creative and still only 21

image.png.d9bdca8b186f8c37e1fbfb8520588cf4.pngimage.png.43fccb3385085059476c48853d5d90a2.pngimage.png.75fa683ce4e921cdf3972b584c643def.png

The numbers really are dire for someone on set pieces and played nearly double Sharky’s minutes 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Obviously all depends on champions league qualification but if we do achieve top 4 then I’d expect 2 or 3 really exciting signings and none of our top players leaving.

Exactly and if we don't get champions League then we might have to sell someone and get in our b list players. 

This season not having the budget of champions league meant that we're short of a right winger and a midfielder.

Makes a massive difference to our squad and how we can build for the future. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

if brighton were to go down, i wouldnt mind us going for someone like Aaron Connolly from them

pretty sure we was linked to him too a good few years back too

If Brighton were to go down, the club would surely have to go in for Yves Bissouma, huge talent. I would love us to start him with Ndidi and Tielemans when we play more intensely attacking teams, that would be such a solid midfield.

• Like 1

Fantasy window if we make CL

Antony in £30 million

de Paul in £25 million

Toney in £25 million

Praet out £15 million

Iheanacho out £10 million

Choudhury out £7 million

More balanced first eleven with a stronger midfield and more threatening attack

Barnes Vardy Antony

de Paul Ndidi Tielemans

Justin Soyuncu Evans Ricardo

Schmeichel

Ward / Maddison Toney Perez Fofana Castagne Mendy

Barnes/Albrighton Vardy/Toney Antony/Perez

de Paul/Maddison Ndidi/Mendy Tielemans/Dewsbury-Hall

Justin/Thomas Soyuncu/Fofana Evans/Amartey Ricardo/Castagne

Schmeichel/Ward

Even the physicality problem with Mendy is helped somewhat as the midfield is now stronger with the addition of de Paul. Only problem is maybe better winger depth but considering we only have one winger at the club right now at the same level of quality as the rest of the starting eleven this is still an improvement.

I would still be happy keeping Praet over de Paul and Iheanacho over Toney, just feel like they're two potential improvements on what we already have if we have the cash to spend. But we need a right winger desperately, once our attacking play from both wings is fluid and dangerous the difference will be transformative. 

11 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

I think out of all the players in our squad Maddison is the one who is the least likely to move. Hes not going to get in any of the top sides, just signed a massive long term contract and no ones going to pay the money we’d ask for especially in the climate we’re in so itd be a complete non starter. Ill generally be amazed if we lose any of our top players this summer

Would like to think all the current regulars think let’s have one full season back with fans in the stadium, full season playing/training in the new facilities and see where we are. 2022 is World Cup year will people want to move who are regulars starters here? Just look at chilwell at Chelsea at the minute.

11 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Would like to think all the current regulars think let’s have one full season back with fans in the stadium, full season playing/training in the new facilities and see where we are. 2022 is World Cup year will people want to move who are regulars starters here? Just look at chilwell at Chelsea at the minute.

It’s nov/dec ‘22 so they have a little more time than just next season to establish themselves. Not leaving us in summer ‘22 will be more relevant re World Cup squad selection. 

Is it relevant to non English players anyway?

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s nov/dec ‘22 so they have a little more time than just next season to establish themselves. Not leaving us in summer ‘22 will be more relevant re World Cup squad selection. 

Is it relevant to non English players anyway?

Probably not but was thinking more of Maddison and Barnes than a wilf, cags, Wes.

while we usually sell a player for decent money every year, it wouldnt surprise me if we didnt this year, we sold a few fringe players, Kel, Hamza and maybe even Mendy to name a few

but knowing the club theyll already have targets in mind should one of the bigger names leave too

17 hours ago, Gerard said:

KDH will probably be assessed pre season whether he goes out on loan again or into the first team squad.

Happy to keep Mendy as another body who is a genuine CDM but if we were to get a decent cash offer for him I'd sell.

Praet is a good player but another one I would sell for a decent cash offer, to me he doesn't have a position and is more of a bits and pieces player. I'd rather sell and roll the dice again.

Choudhury needs to go as Soumare just pushes him further out of the equation and would command a decent fee.

We'd then have three good players and cover in FB, CB and CM.

Seven more players needed to play and cover LW, RW, AMC and ST.

1) Vardy

2) Barnes

3) Maddison

4) Albrighton

5) Sowah possibly?????

And then two more signings who ideally could play ST and RW and maybe another position between them. Ideally sell Iheanacho and Perez and bring in Thauvin who can play RW and ACM and bring in a striker.

Somewhat agree, but I can't see Sowah being seen as a first team player, more an U23 option if we sort his Visa out

If we are genuinely keen on Otavio and Thauvin and are both free, i'd take them both and go all out for Toney, although I'd imagine it would be Eduard we'd get.... I'm 50/50 on Lingard, he has the ability and the league know-how, but would he fade out eventually, who knows? Could be worth a risk. If Fulham do drop down, I'd be in for Lookman as an option against Barnes to give him a rest, although that may command a decent fee

If we were to start the season with something along the lines of the below, I think we could genuinely be deemed contenders from the get go

Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

Justin, Castagne, Pereira, Thomas

Evans, Amartey, Fofana, Soyuncu

Ndidi, Mendy, Tielmanns, Praet, Dewsbury-Hall or Soumare (Depends if Kiernan is ready)

Thauvin, Albrighton, Barnes, Lookman

Maddison, Otavio or Lingard

Vardy, Iheanacho, Toney or Eduard

26 names but Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall I think wouldn't need to be named due to age? 

Throw into that the graduates who could get cup game time, Daley-Campbell, Ben Nelson, Tavares (if still here), sowah (if still here) Leshabela et al - pretty decent

Offload Hamza, Morgan, Fuchs, Perez and return Under

46 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Somewhat agree, but I can't see Sowah being seen as a first team player, more an U23 option if we sort his Visa out

If we are genuinely keen on Otavio and Thauvin and are both free, i'd take them both and go all out for Toney, although I'd imagine it would be Eduard we'd get.... I'm 50/50 on Lingard, he has the ability and the league know-how, but would he fade out eventually, who knows? Could be worth a risk. If Fulham do drop down, I'd be in for Lookman as an option against Barnes to give him a rest, although that may command a decent fee

If we were to start the season with something along the lines of the below, I think we could genuinely be deemed contenders from the get go

Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

Justin, Castagne, Pereira, Thomas

Evans, Amartey, Fofana, Soyuncu

Ndidi, Mendy, Tielmanns, Praet, Dewsbury-Hall or Soumare (Depends if Kiernan is ready)

Thauvin, Albrighton, Barnes, Lookman

Maddison, Otavio or Lingard

Vardy, Iheanacho, Toney or Eduard

26 names but Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall I think wouldn't need to be named due to age? 

Throw into that the graduates who could get cup game time, Daley-Campbell, Ben Nelson, Tavares (if still here), sowah (if still here) Leshabela et al - pretty decent

Offload Hamza, Morgan, Fuchs, Perez and return Under

Haha we aren't going to bring Sowah back and put him in the 23's. He'll either come back and be a squad player or will remain on loan somewhere.

• Like 2