Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Never seen him play but I'm all for this for multiple reasons.

1) He has been linked with a few elite clubs so there is something there behind the stats.

2) He's young and his contract has 12 months left in the summer so more upside for progression and the chance to get a bargain.

3) We have plenty of options in CM but the quality takes quite a dip from Ndidi and Tielemans.

4) He appears to have a different skill set than both Tielemans and Ndidi so will bring a new dimension.

5) 6, 2" tall and very athletic by all accounts, can't have enough height and athleticism in the team.

I'm a big fan of having three first team quality players in each position that requires two players.

Example in the FB's we have JJ, Ricardo, Castagne and now Thomas backing them up.

In CB we have Evans, Caglar and Fofana with Amartey backing them up.

It would be good to have Ndidi, Tielemans and this lad in CM with perhaps KDH backing them up. I'd be happy to sell any of Mendy, Choudhury and Praet if we could get a fair price.

Makes a lot of sense, literally having this discussion earlier with a friend about the need for quality options in each position rather than 'just options'

Personally, I'd class Praet as a quality option so I'd rather keep him myself, especially for the games when we go with the Diamond. And considering he only has 1 more year on his contract, I'd keep Mendy too... definately not looked out of place for us when needed. Can't see Hamza getting a kick next season, not even in the Caraboa so he'd be the one I'd be offering out.... And considering he's still in his development, I'd be tempted to loan KDH back out until January, probably to battling relegation PL team or chasing promotion Championship team... Can't see him getting straight into the squad yet, especially with us likely to improve it too, would surely just be detrimental to him to call him back and not play... a bit like how we gave Barnes an extra loan period to the Baggies and bought him back mid season maybe?

33 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Makes a lot of sense, literally having this discussion earlier with a friend about the need for quality options in each position rather than 'just options'

Personally, I'd class Praet as a quality option so I'd rather keep him myself, especially for the games when we go with the Diamond. And considering he only has 1 more year on his contract, I'd keep Mendy too... definately not looked out of place for us when needed. Can't see Hamza getting a kick next season, not even in the Caraboa so he'd be the one I'd be offering out.... And considering he's still in his development, I'd be tempted to loan KDH back out until January, probably to battling relegation PL team or chasing promotion Championship team... Can't see him getting straight into the squad yet, especially with us likely to improve it too, would surely just be detrimental to him to call him back and not play... a bit like how we gave Barnes an extra loan period to the Baggies and bought him back mid season maybe?

KDH will probably be assessed pre season whether he goes out on loan again or into the first team squad.

Happy to keep Mendy as another body who is a genuine CDM but if we were to get a decent cash offer for him I'd sell.

Praet is a good player but another one I would sell for a decent cash offer, to me he doesn't have a position and is more of a bits and pieces player. I'd rather sell and roll the dice again.

Choudhury needs to go as Soumare just pushes him further out of the equation and would command a decent fee.

We'd then have three good players and cover in FB, CB and CM.

Seven more players needed to play and cover LW, RW, AMC and ST.

1) Vardy

2) Barnes

3) Maddison

4) Albrighton

5) Sowah possibly?????

And then two more signings who ideally could play ST and RW and maybe another position between them. Ideally sell Iheanacho and Perez and bring in Thauvin who can play RW and ACM and bring in a striker.

Edited by Gerard

Are we resigned to only looking at right wingers with a similar skill set to Albrighton if they stand any chance of succeeding here? This isn't another dig at the handling of Ünder, I'm just genuinely intrigued at how Rodgers is tweaking the set up of our team now. We are becoming a little more pragmatic and I'm not sure if he's got the appetite to have a flair player on the right wing and that we'd be better off looking for a player with good defensive stats, is an efficient passer and presser and can create chances rather than looking for a creative genius who shits goals and assists.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are we resigned to only looking at right wingers with a similar skill set to Albrighton if they stand any chance of succeeding here? This isn't another dig at the handling of Ünder, I'm just genuinely intrigued at how Rodgers is tweaking the set up of our team now. We are becoming a little more pragmatic and I'm not sure if he's got the appetite to have a flair player on the right wing and that we'd be better off looking for a player with good defensive stats, is an efficient passer and presser and can create chances rather than looking for a creative genius who shits goals and assists.

I think we'd certainly get in an attacking RW but they have to deliver similar stats to Barnes and Maddison to make them worthy of a place. Under isn't trusted to deliver enough goals or assists by the looks of it.

Could see more of a 4-3-3 with the right player in. A well balance MF three of Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare with a genuine threat RW. Maddison could either play part of the MF 3 or RW in that sort of formation. Definitely need a player there who is a threat though. 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I think we'd certainly get in an attacking RW but they have to deliver similar stats to Barnes and Maddison to make them worthy of a place. Under isn't trusted to deliver enough goals or assists by the looks of it.

Could see more of a 4-3-3 with the right player in. A well balance MF three of Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare with a genuine threat RW. Maddison could either play part of the MF 3 or RW in that sort of formation. Definitely need a player there who is a threat though. 

We don’t want madders out wide it’s been tried and it ain’t pretty. I like riccy out there and it’ll be interesting to see where he lines up going forward. But I’d love a young flair player. Olise are you there? 

According to a french family member, Soumare style is similar to Patrick Viera. He told me that his key strength is his ability in receiving/winning the ball in deep positions and then bombing forward with the ball at his feet and passing to the more creative players. When he’s on one of his runs, it’s apparently really difficult to get the ball off him. 

If we sign him, I can see him being used in the ‘big matches’ with Nidi, in which we may have less possession and need to counter more. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

If we get CL football, and don't sell a player, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep Ricardo on the wing.

I'm still not convinced on Ricardo in a midfield role, happy to see it be tried a few times but his main assets are attacking from deep. He got so much space against Villa which was unheard of and yet he failed to capitalise on it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Never seen him play but I'm all for this for multiple reasons.

1) He has been linked with a few elite clubs so there is something there behind the stats.

2) He's young and his contract has 12 months left in the summer so more upside for progression and the chance to get a bargain.

3) We have plenty of options in CM but the quality takes quite a dip from Ndidi and Tielemans.

4) He appears to have a different skill set than both Tielemans and Ndidi so will bring a new dimension.

5) 6, 2" tall and very athletic by all accounts, can't have enough height and athleticism in the team.

I'm a big fan of having three first team quality players in each position that requires two players.

Example in the FB's we have JJ, Ricardo, Castagne and now Thomas backing them up.

In CB we have Evans, Caglar and Fofana with Amartey backing them up.

It would be good to have Ndidi, Tielemans and this lad in CM with perhaps KDH backing them up. I'd be happy to sell any of Mendy, Choudhury and Praet if we could get a fair price.

I've only seen the YouTube video but like others have read about keen interest in the player from top level clubs. I like what I see - a player that would add physicality and an ability to progress the ball quickly. As a player that could cover or rotate with both Ndidi and Tielemans, he offers two-thirds of what Callum McGregor (who can also play no.10) can do, but with a much higher ceiling.

Add an AM to Maddison and Praet (Otavio? Buendia?) and I think we'd be sorted for midfield next season, allowing one, possibly two of KDH, Hamza & Mendy to move on.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm still not convinced on Ricardo in a midfield role, happy to see it be tried a few times but his main assets are attacking from deep. He got so much space against Villa which was unheard of and yet he failed to capitalise on it. 

Can do an OK job there but quite clearly isn’t a winger. Brendan won’t keep him there I’m fairly confident of that 

• Like 1

Do you think we'll go out and get an established striker or will it be a raw unproven striker who is happy to bide their time learning off the GOAT?

Donyell Malen or Patson Daka have to be the 2 most attainable fast and strong strikers that fit the bill but they'd surely expect to be first choice week in, week out. I like Boadu at AZ as well but him and Stengs are now represented by Raiola so I doubt they'll be coming to someone like us.

Wahi at Montpellier could be the rough diamond who's just come through in the last few months. Looks a real talent, as does Matthew Hoppe at Schalke.

• Like 1

If it were me, I would go with 3 BIG signings this year...

Consolidate Mendy and Hamza in to a young, quality DM as Cover for Ndidi. 

A like for like longterm replacement for Vardy that can grab us a few goals now. Wether you like Perez or Nacho, we shouldn't have to change system to accommodate them standing in as a #9.

A top quality Right winger.

Add to that, KDH coming in to cover Youri and Sowah coming in as cover for Barnes, RW and #10. 

31 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If it were me, I would go with 3 BIG signings this year...

Consolidate Mendy and Hamza in to a young, quality DM as Cover for Ndidi. 

A like for like longterm replacement for Vardy that can grab us a few goals now. Wether you like Perez or Nacho, we shouldn't have to change system to accommodate them standing in as a #9.

A top quality Right winger.

Add to that, KDH coming in to cover Youri and Sowah coming in as cover for Barnes, RW and #10. 

TBH we probably won't find a striker like Vardy, he's truly a rear breed. Not just quality wise, but style as full. I can't really think of  one striker who could do what he does, not even among the world class ones, maybe Suarez in his prime.

It's about time we adapt our system to another type of striker.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up being interested in Dwight McNeil again (after the apparent interest last summer, whether that was true or not though), does the defensive work like Albrighton, but certainly more creative and still only 21

image.png.d9bdca8b186f8c37e1fbfb8520588cf4.pngimage.png.43fccb3385085059476c48853d5d90a2.pngimage.png.75fa683ce4e921cdf3972b584c643def.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SHANE_ said:

It comes from a reliable journalist. Also Lingard would be pretty good as a back up I think... 

He certainly has plenty of experience.

Any bid could be just to push up the price WH pay. Which would limit their ability to spend against us elsewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up being interested in Dwight McNeil again (after the apparent interest last summer, whether that was true or not though), does the defensive work like Albrighton, but certainly more creative and still only 21

image.png.d9bdca8b186f8c37e1fbfb8520588cf4.pngimage.png.43fccb3385085059476c48853d5d90a2.pngimage.png.75fa683ce4e921cdf3972b584c643def.png

I really hope not at the price we'd have to pay. Carlos Soler at Valencia is probably the closest to Albrighton that I have sound who scores and assists or Rafa Silva at Benfica.

1 hour ago, SHANE_ said:

It comes from a reliable journalist. Also Lingard would be pretty good as a back up I think... 

Surely he'd be more interested in a move to a London Club to build up his "Jlingz" Empire in the Capital. Would be a decent back up though, especially when in a counter attack system

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Totally agree ....he is way better running onto the ball with the final third ahead of him and at full pace ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

my worry with Boubakary Soumare, is does it mean we plan on losing one of either Youri or Ndidi? Hopefully not, hopefully choudhury will be the one to make way, and mendy slip further into rotation places, but it will likely represent a fairly sizable fee, so wouldnt surprise me either way.

Not this coming season I reckon, could possibly the next one though.