Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

12 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

How about LEIPZIG winger / wing back Angelina , have watched him a lot and he is a very good player, is a great crosser of the ball and has a great work rate . I believe he is owned by Manchester city . He is a younger version of Marc allbrighton

Is he a proper quality winger or yet another failed winger/midfielder turned wing back? 

It's just that with Ricardo, Castagne, Justin and Thomas, there are more pressing positions to fill than acquiring yet another wing back really. 

53 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Wonder if our targets are going to differ if we get top 4 opposed to top 6?

We will certainly be able to attract a higher calibre of player if we make the CL and have more money to play with.  So yes, I would've thought so.

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

How about LEIPZIG winger / wing back Angelina , have watched him a lot and he is a very good player, is a great crosser of the ball and has a great work rate . I believe he is owned by Manchester city . He is a younger version of Marc allbrighton

Angelino's transfer to Leipzig was made permanent last week 

11 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Sorry, but  Saint-Maximin is a "heck NO" for me. :protest:

Didn't catch tonight's game vs Man Utd, but I have watched enough of him (particularly this season) to conclude that he would substantively be a more expensive dreadlocked version of Demarai Gray. I'll pass (which btw is often an alien concept for Saint-Maximin), NEXT! 

He’s not a Rodgers type signing anyhow. I just like watching him, he can beat a man for fun 

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/22/leicester-transfer-news-lille-midfielder-boubakary-soumare

Sounds like a lot of noise behind this signing for next season. Doesn't seem to me to be a player that is as urgent to recruit as other positions, but after the masterstrokes of Fofana and Castagne, if we are going for a player this early, you have to be excited for it and trust the club. I have seen Lille play quite a few times and whilst this guy is not their stand-out performer, they are a really good team and he plays his part. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/22/leicester-transfer-news-lille-midfielder-boubakary-soumare

Sounds like a lot of noise behind this signing for next season. Doesn't seem to me to be a player that is as urgent to recruit as other positions, but after the masterstrokes of Fofana and Castagne, if we are going for a player this early, you have to be excited for it and trust the club. I have seen Lille play quite a few times and whilst this guy is not their stand-out performer, they are a really good team and he plays his part. 

Our N'didi successor? :cry:

6 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Our N'didi successor? :cry:

He's more of a box to box midfielder with very good passing. If I had to describe him, it would be a bit of a hybrid between Mendy, Ndidi and Tielemans. Good close control and recycling ability of Mendy, aerial stature of Ndidi, good short range and "keep the ball moving forwards quickly" ability of Tielemans. Not as good as Ndidi or Tielemans at either, but being able to do both, plus having a good engine makes him a great coaching target. He could be developed into a very good number 8 IMO.

I would guess he would be brought in to be a like-for-like rotation option for Tielemans. Fofana was there to deputise for Soyuncu and Evans, Hamza / Mendy can sub for Ndidi, Praet for Maddison. But no one has really shown they can do what Tielemans can do. Praet has been tried there a few times, but he's better a bit further forwards.

Ndidi is contracted till 2024 so if he was to leave, it would be for an astronomical sum. Without Ndidi we literally had to change our formation, because we aren't good enough to play a convincing 4141 / 4231 without him. We played 4141 with Mendy in Ndidi's role the first time we played Villa and lost. The first 45 minutes yesterday we dominated the game, just shows his importance. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shane said:

Maybe Choudhury still wants to leave for first team football and Soumare will be his replacement? 

Definitely possible.

Hamza is unfortunate in that the club's stock has risen so much in recent seasons he finds himself not good enough because now we are a Champions League chasing club. Hamza at his current level would have got games in our 15/16 team and much maligned Puel team too. He did get some games under Puel, but if he was a bit older during his reign, he would been a regular I think.

Hamza for me would be a first team player for most clubs in the bottom 10, but not at a top 4 / 6 club.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's more of a box to box midfielder with very good passing. If I had to describe him, it would be a bit of a hybrid between Mendy, Ndidi and Tielemans. Good close control and recycling ability of Mendy, aerial stature of Ndidi, good short range and "keep the ball moving forwards quickly" ability of Tielemans. Not as good as Ndidi or Tielemans at either, but being able to do both, plus having a good engine makes him a great coaching target. He could be developed into a very good number 8 IMO.

I would guess he would be brought in to be a like-for-like rotation option for Tielemans. Fofana was there to deputise for Soyuncu and Evans, Hamza / Mendy can sub for Ndidi, Praet for Maddison. But no one has really shown they can do what Tielemans can do. Praet has been tried there a few times, but he's better a bit further forwards.

Ndidi is contracted till 2024 so if he was to leave, it would be for an astronomical sum. Without Ndidi we literally had to change our formation, because we aren't good enough to play a convincing 4141 / 4231 without him. We played 4141 with Mendy in Ndidi's role the first time we played Villa and lost. The first 45 minutes yesterday we dominated the game, just shows his importance. 

Ok thanks for narrowing it down 

• Haha 1

Can't understand why we'd be after this Soumare lad. His stats are poor tbh. He doesn't win the ball back and he doesn't create a lot either. Would much rather just give KDH a proper chance.

We need a genuine Ndidi replacement, who is a tackling and interception machine. 

My choice would be Aurelien Tchouameni. Just turned 21 and is averaging over 3 tackles per game. Also a big lad with a good physical presence.

I think the logic with Soumare is that when Ndidi is out, he plays Mendy with Tielemans but has to change shape if we want to avoid conceding at set pieces. Soumare is a big guy, and within reason could be played alongside Mendy or Tielemans in the absence of Wilf.

You have midfield options of Ndidi, Soumare, Mendy, Tielemans, Maddison and Praet, which is six for three positions. There's the potential for us to keep KDH around too still, because he likes to have 22 outfield players, usually two per position plus an extra utility defender (Amartey) and midfielder.

The midfield is always an area where you want lots of different profiles, rather than two players that are quite similar. I don't think Rodgers knows what Choudhury is and what he offers that nobody else does - he's not particularly tall or aerially dominant, he's not outstanding in possession, his tackling is not as refined as it could be at this level, his positioning can be rash.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Can't understand why we'd be after this Soumare lad. His stats are poor tbh. He doesn't win the ball back and he doesn't create a lot either. Would much rather just give KDH a proper chance.

We need a genuine Ndidi replacement, who is a tackling and interception machine. 

My choice would be Aurelien Tchouameni. Just turned 21 and is averaging over 3 tackles per game. Also a big lad with a good physical presence.

Tchouameni's stats are insane! However to be fair Soumare's stats aren't that bad either and with 1 year left on his contract he is probably a more viable option.

ndidi.JPG

4 hours ago, murphy said:

I think that the club is still scarred from Tom English for Jim Melrose..

That deal was a blessing in disguise. Tommy English was so bad we had to move our right winger up front to take his place.

His name was Gary Lineker.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I disagree, although it's an area we're well stacked in with personnel it's not an area we have sufficient quality in after Ndidi and Tielemans. 

In my ideal world for next season we'd sign Soumare, promote KDH to the first team squad and in a perfect world and sell Mendy, Choudhury and Praet. 

In FB and CB we have three top quality first teamers and 4th choice of the dependable Amartey and top young talent like Thomas. I'd like to see any two from three of Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare with what is a dark horse like KDH to supplement them. 

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

Tchouameni's stats are insane! However to be fair Soumare's stats aren't that bad either and with 1 year left on his contract he is probably a more viable option.

ndidi.JPG

According to whoscored, Soumaré averages 1.3 tackes per game and 1.1 interceptions. Ndidi averages 3.5 tackes and 2.2 interceptions.

He's just not the ball winning Defensive midfielder we need imo.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

TBF, all the 'noise' is coming from  the same journalist...