Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My only criticism of it is some of it I can pick faults in, for example Stengs has 0.00 non penalty goals according to fbref but he's scored 6 this season? Likewise Tsyghanov has 0.00 assists but has 3 assists? 

Yes, that is odd. The scouting report feature is a recent addition to fbref so probably a few teething problems. I'm sure they'll get it sorted.

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Will spend hours on there!

Romain Faivre shows up very well in the defensive side of things from an RW/ACM. Would potentially fit our system very well and scores and assists aren't too bad either!

It's great, they have some really interesting stats you don't see normally, such as shot creating actions, which seems like a good stat to determine creativity.

I've suggested Faivre before, he has fantastic creative stats too, the goals and assists aren't quite there yet but he looks very promising.

• Like 2

Just now, matty98 said:

It's great, they have some really interesting stats you don't see normally, such as shot creating actions, which seems like a good stat to determine creativity.

I've suggested Faivre before, he has fantastic creative stats too, the goals and assists aren't quite there yet but he looks very promising.

I'll be trying to use this to find the elusive Vardy replacement. Matthew Hoppe at Schalke is my new whizzkid, Daka the dream though.

13 minutes ago, Nick said:

This should perhaps be in the unpopular opinions thread but I’ve been impressed with Lingard since he joined the hammers... Maybe would be a great back up for Maddison in the middle of the park, plus as a utility as he can play just about anywhere in a front three - certainly not a ridiculous solution to the issues we face right now?

Not sure the price/wages would be what we would be looking for in a Maddison back up. The more he continues to do well for West Ham, the more United will up the price. And considering we had their pants down with Maguire, can't see them doing us any favours in the transfer market. 

26 minutes ago, Nick said:

This should perhaps be in the unpopular opinions thread but I’ve been impressed with Lingard since he joined the hammers... Maybe would be a great back up for Maddison in the middle of the park, plus as a utility as he can play just about anywhere in a front three - certainly not a ridiculous solution to the issues we face right now?

At least we’ve actually been linked with him. A genuine ongoing transfer target 

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure the price/wages would be what we would be looking for in a Maddison back up. The more he continues to do well for West Ham, the more United will up the price. And considering we had their pants down with Maguire, can't see them doing us any favours in the transfer market. 

It's been on the social media rounds that they think starting price for Lingard is 80million...

Must all follow the Woodward school of being a business retards.

As if the past half a decade hasn't made our recruitment process well-known and the envy of the other 19 clubs. 

80mill for a useless ex Man Utd show pony?

We'll spend half of that and still secure half a dozen talents that Man Utd would then want to take from us after a year.

The only way we'd pay 80 million for any of their players is because they've messed up the market again by paying 200 million for Soyuncu, Tielemans or Ndidi. Each!

9 hours ago, LC/FC said:

It's been on the social media rounds that they think starting price for Lingard is 80million...

Must all follow the Woodward school of being a business retards.

As if the past half a decade hasn't made our recruitment process well-known and the envy of the other 19 clubs. 

80mill for a useless ex Man Utd show pony?

We'll spend half of that and still secure half a dozen talents that Man Utd would then want to take from us after a year.

The only way we'd pay 80 million for any of their players is because they've messed up the market again by paying 200 million for Soyuncu, Tielemans or Ndidi. Each!

80 million what though?

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

80 million what though?

They are trying to even up the Great Slab Head robbery.  We will not be shelling out that sort of money anytime soon, let alone for Jesse Shinguard.  I thought it was April 1.

• Like 1

Why are we even thinking of Lingard, Moyes scouted him and he's been great for West Ham. Think we looking abit stupid now that we want him, if we wanted him we should have got him before the Hammers, I say let them buy him in the summer, he's their man and is on a nice honeymoon period, can't we go after someone else the news items online is making Leicester look envious.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

Linked with a 20 year old DM playing in the Swedish league, Alhassan Yusuf, just 1 year left on his current deal

He would be nowhere near being able to get a work permit though so would probably end up at Leuven for a bit

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/25/report-leicester-want-to-snatch-long-term-wolves-target-alhassan-yusuf/

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Why are we even thinking of Lingard, Moyes scouted him and he's been great for West Ham. Think we looking abit stupid now that we want him, if we were want ed him him we should have got him before the Hammers, I say let them buy him in the summer, he's their man and is on a nice honeymoon period, can't we go after someone else the news items online is making Leicester look envious.

I doubt we are in for him or envious! It’s far more likely we are being used in name in an attempt to make Wet Spam pay £50 million quid for him.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Why are we even thinking of Lingard, Moyes scouted him and he's been great for West Ham. Think we looking abit stupid now that we want him, if we were want ed him him we should have got him before the Hammers, I say let them buy him in the summer, he's their man and is on a nice honeymoon period, can't we go after someone else the news items online is making Leicester look envious.

There was some links with him during Jan window - but there's no way Man U would have let a top 4 rival have one of their players, especially on loan...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Linked with a 20 year old DM playing in the Swedish league, Alhassan Yusuf, just 1 year left on his current deal

He would be nowhere near being able to get a work permit though so would probably end up at Leuven for a bit

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/25/report-leicester-want-to-snatch-long-term-wolves-target-alhassan-yusuf/

I've been swatting up on him recently, came up in my rabbit hole of research. 

14 minutes ago, LVocey said:

I know he's been mentioned before but apparently Tammy Abraham doesn't want to sign a new deal at Chelsea as they chase Haaland.

Could be a really good option for us, only 23 and already pretty proven in the PL.

Before he becomes even more expensive I’d love for us to go for him, sadly I think he’s already out our budget 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Like the look of this lad, has a bit of Kante about him.

12 hours ago, Nick said:

In retrospect a loan move for him might have been a good option for us, as it would have given us an additional body for the sheer number of games we have to play.

I can't say I'm his biggest fan as either a person or a player, but he's let his performances do the talking since going to West Ham, so air paly to him. He was actually on loan here once before when we were in the Championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

In retrospect a loan move for him might have been a good option for us, as it would have given us an additional body for the sheer number of games we have to play.

I can't say I'm his biggest fan as either a person or a player, but he's let his performances do the talking since going to West Ham, so air paly to him. He was actually on loan here once before when we were in the Championship.

I was in the corner near the tunnel at OT the day we drew in 2016, and was chatting to his Mum. True story.

• Haha 1