Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think in the last 2 years we have had other priorities.

Now is they time we have to get it right. 

I agree. I think it's clear that our top priorities are all attacking positions now, so we'll see whether we can sign an attacking player of the same calibre as Fofana, Justin, Tielemans, etc. I think we can.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 1

Names mean nothing. Its not about the positions its about the attributes of a player. Look at Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez. One purchased as a winger the other as a striker. Rodgers sends Carroll packing before the season starts. Suarez is transformed into one of the best attacking players who ever played the game. How do you think Rodgers chooses players? Give me players with the right attributes and let Rodgers do what he does best.

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

No way will Abraham move to sit on a bench. he may as well stay at Chelsea.  And villa wouldn’t upset Watkins by bringing in that level of competition.  We would have a chance because vards is considered to be on the way down over the next 18 months ...but Abraham is a very different player to vards ...... Watkins is way closer .....

So are we now saying that Premier League clubs who spend 100m plus a a season would not sign Abraham for fear of having 2 very good strikers? Isnt that our current problem?

Agree, he would be better off with us for the reason you mention but the likes of Everton and Villa seem intent on crashing European places sooner than later.

It's a real shame we don't have the power to bring in Haaland because he would be the perfect replacement for Vardy. If we could bring him in this summer, we could have had him starting and Vardy becoming a backup, super sub who is slowly getting reduced playing time to manage him.

If we finished Top 4 and Dortmund fail to qualify for CL it would have been a slight potential, however, he is destined for one of the big PL clubs who will play CL on a regular basis.

I have seen Abraham mentioned on here if Haaland does rock up at Chelsea. I wouldn't say no. I really hope that we get someone in this summer so that Vardy is still here and can start to be eased out, hand over duties to his replacement. Getting Top 4 is so important to give us the power to draw players in to the club and keep the big assets we already have.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's a real shame we don't have the power to bring in Haaland because he would be the perfect replacement for Vardy. If we could bring him in this summer, we could have had him starting and Vardy becoming a backup, super sub who is slowly getting reduced playing time to manage him.

If we finished Top 4 and Dortmund fail to qualify for CL it would have been a slight potential, however, he is destined for one of the big PL clubs who will play CL on a regular basis.

I have seen Abraham mentioned on here if Haaland does rock up at Chelsea. I wouldn't say no. I really hope that we get someone in this summer so that Vardy is still here and can start to be eased out, hand over duties to his replacement. Getting Top 4 is so important to give us the power to draw players in to the club and keep the big assets we already have.

Forget that Abraham is not what we want I don't think. We need either Edouard or Toney both are better than Abraham but don't get me wrong Abraham would be a good back up for Ihanacho

Only about 8 clubs in world football would be able to afford him.

3 of those being in england 

Man City

Utd

Chelsea

Psg

Bayern Munich 

Real Madrid maybe but are skint

Barcelona maybe but are skint 

Juventus

He will sell for over 120m 

Edited by Fox85

Just now, Fox85 said:

Forget that.

Only about 8 clubs in world football would be able to afford him.

3 of those being in england 

Man City

Utd

Chelsea

Psg

Bayern Munich 

Real Madrid maybe but are skint

Barcelona maybe but are skint 

Juventus

He will sell for over 120m 

The best we could do is lure him over for one or two seasons before he goes to a bigger club but even that is out of reach.

We do need someone young and talented and therein lies the skills of the scouting department. They have to beat all the big clubs and take a gamble.

Zaha may not be everyone’s cup of tea but he is a good at this level and surely he wants to be playing Champions League football next season? I think he would be perfect for us imo probably will cost £45-50m but he would be worth it.

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Zaha may not be everyone’s cup of tea but he is a good at this level and surely he wants to be playing Champions League football next season? I think he would be perfect for us imo probably will cost £45-50m but he would be worth it.

...I think there is a big question mark surrounding him!!!

His previous dalliance before Palace and his failure to be picked up by a top six Premiership team in all this time  is an obvious concern. Added to that, the price Palace would be asking for what many would view a risk, would rule him out of the equation for me.

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

So are we now saying that Premier League clubs who spend 100m plus a a season would not sign Abraham for fear of having 2 very good strikers? Isnt that our current problem?

Agree, he would be better off with us for the reason you mention but the likes of Everton and Villa seem intent on crashing European places sooner than later.

..we really could not justify a spend such as that unless we intended to play two upfront!!

The problem was always Vardy, playing with one up top meant Vardy every time. It is only now when you can see the difficulties Vardy has in playing, recovery and avoiding injuries that we can now truly discuss an alternative. Bringing someone in for £50m plus and sitting on the bench is not the best use of our finances.

53 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The best we could do is lure him over for one or two seasons before he goes to a bigger club but even that is out of reach.

We do need someone young and talented and therein lies the skills of the scouting department. They have to beat all the big clubs and take a gamble.

I know its paper talk but they state he wants a 78m 5yr package, what's that £325+ per week?  Probably ruling himself out of all but 2 clubs there

51 minutes ago, NasPb said:

is sowah more of a lw or rw?

I've noticed since Al-Tomouri has played more for Leuven that Sowah has moved over to the left wing after starting the season playing RW or ACM. 

He seems comfortable playing in any position behind the centre forward and he's so quick. Will help us close out games when we go counter attacking and can leave him high up the pitch. 

Edited to say, looking at the below he's literally played everywhere this season haha

Screenshot_20210303-150014_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..we really could not justify a spend such as that unless we intended to play two upfront!!

The problem was always Vardy, playing with one up top meant Vardy every time. It is only now when you can see the difficulties Vardy has in playing, recovery and avoiding injuries that we can now truly discuss an alternative. Bringing someone in for £50m plus and sitting on the bench is not the best use of our finances.

Whatever happened to competition?

Was Slimani purchased for £30m to wait on bench for Vardy to get injured?

You cant want and ask for Europe every year with one top class striker? 

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've noticed since Al-Tomouri has played more for Leuven that Sowah has moved over to the left wing after starting the season playing RW or ACM. 

He seems comfortable playing in any position behind the centre forward and he's so quick. Will help us close out games when we go counter attacking and can leave him high up the pitch. 

Edited to say, looking at the below he's literally played everywhere this season haha

Screenshot_20210303-150014_Chrome.jpg

How does this happen? Can we get him to train here in the summer so Rodgers can make an appraisal before we buy/loan? What's legal?

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I know its paper talk but they state he wants a 78m 5yr package, what's that £325+ per week?  Probably ruling himself out of all but 2 clubs there

Not in a million years would he even consider coming here, way way out of our league. As NP would say, delusions of grandeur 😂

18 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Whatever happened to competition?

Was Slimani purchased for £30m to wait on bench for Vardy to get injured?

You cant want and ask for Europe every year with one top class striker? 

...I don't believe that is what we have been looking for!!!

We have Iheanacho who we have in reserve, we paid £25m for him and still choose to use him only if Vardy is injured. We have chosen to deliberately play with one upfront, selling Nacho and replacing him with a £50m just to sit on the bench just makes no sense.

The Slimani situation so far as I was aware was in case Vardy chose to go to Arsenal and we panic bought a player at twice the price he was originally scouted for. Absolutely nothing wrong with competition but paying £50m+ and £80k per month for someone to warm the bench and getting the odd game just doesn't work.

31 minutes ago, SO1 said:

How does this happen? Can we get him to train here in the summer so Rodgers can make an appraisal before we buy/loan? What's legal?

He's our player and he will now get a work permit due to playing 99% of Leuven's league games and featured in their domestic cup games. Just enough points to qualify and therefore he'll be with us in pre-season I'd imagine.

51 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not in a million years would he even consider coming here, way way out of our league. As NP would say, delusions of grandeur 😂

Your reply seems to suggest i'm thinking he would come here, i don't believe i've suggested he would have i? As i surely don't.

My comment was a generalisation of how he is pricing himself out of any move except for the very top (stupid) teams Man C, PSG & maybe (Man U, Chelsea) would be willing to pay 325+ per week. The lads got some stones thou to back himself at that price.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Your reply seems to suggest i'm thinking he would come here, i don't believe i've suggested he would have i? As i surely don't.

My comment was a generalisation of how he is pricing himself out of any move except for the very top (stupid) teams Man C, PSG & maybe (Man U, Chelsea) would be willing to pay 325+ per week. The lads got some stones thou to back himself at that price.

Sorry, wrong end of the stick then, I think someone else had previously brought him up as a viable possibility. I think in interview he's previously ruled himself out of United but is known to be a genuine follower of Leeds having visited matches with his Dad etc (not that I'm suggesting he'd go there either). He also has a soft spot for the blue side of Manchester and that wouldn't be an impossibility. Would be a spot on replacement for Agueiro but I think he's quite special and can have his pick.

• Like 1