Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

46 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I don't believe that is what we have been looking for!!!

We have Iheanacho who we have in reserve, we paid £25m for him and still choose to use him only if Vardy is injured. We have chosen to deliberately play with one upfront, selling Nacho and replacing him with a £50m just to sit on the bench just makes no sense.

The Slimani situation so far as I was aware was in case Vardy chose to go to Arsenal and we panic bought a player at twice the price he was originally scouted for. Absolutely nothing wrong with competition but paying £50m+ and £80k per month for someone to warm the bench and getting the odd game just doesn't work.

You're missing the point. If we were to sign Abraham at that money the logic is Vardy turns 35 next season and we simply cannot rely on him, for his sake not just ours. At some point we have to turn to other options. We bought Slim, Musa, Nacho and neither have proved good enough options to challenge Vardy or step in when needed (this is important, even Southampton have Ings and Adam's as lower level example). Vardy as he winds down his top flight career would benefit with far less game time, not expecting a 35 year old to play every minute as we have no strong alternative. A signing such Abraham, or someone like him would be the start of the GOATs handover of power.  You have genuine competition and as would be expected the master over time makes way for the apprentice. 

Nacho isnt good enough (for a top 6 level club), we entered in good faith but he hasn't worked. As havent others. Its arguably been the poorer end of our recruitment,  perez too as an attacking player, add Under to that this season.

Would love Vardy and another (top class CF) to go forward next season. 

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sorry, wrong end of the stick then, I think someone else had previously brought him up as a viable possibility. I think in interview he's previously ruled himself out of United but is known to be a genuine follower of Leeds having visited matches with his Dad etc (not that I'm suggesting he'd go there either). He also has a soft spot for the blue side of Manchester and that wouldn't be an impossibility. Would be a spot on replacement for Agueiro but I think he's quite special and can have his pick.

I said he would fit perfectly but unfortunately out of our league.

That just confirms that we are well away from being a "Top 6" club. We are challengers at best and have to deal with key players leaving and having to recruit "unknowns" to gap fill.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

You're missing the point. If we were to sign Abraham at that money the logic is Vardy turns 35 next season and we simply cannot rely on him, for his sake not just ours. At some point we have to turn to other options. We bought Slim, Musa, Nacho and neither have proved good enough options to challenge Vardy or step in when needed (this is important, even Southampton have Ings and Adam's as lower level example). Vardy as he winds down his top flight career would benefit with far less game time, not expecting a 35 year old to play every minute as we have no strong alternative. A signing such Abraham, or someone like him would be the start of the GOATs handover of power.  You have genuine competition and as would be expected the master over time makes way for the apprentice. 

Nacho isnt good enough (for a top 6 level club), we entered in good faith but he hasn't worked. As havent others. Its arguably been the poorer end of our recruitment,  perez too as an attacking player, add Under to that this season.

Would love Vardy and another (top class CF) to go forward next season. 

....I was working under our historic use of the lone striker as opposed to our current situation!!!

Yes we need a top class striker and I have said in previous post, that this is the moment when the Vardy question is going to be answered.

Need at least 2 strikers in the summer. 1 Vardy jr, 1 that can lead the line and score goals.

He's started 7 games in 28 days after a 30' cameo coming back from an injury. The man has turned into a zombie because no one is good enough to relieve his minutes.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Need at least 2 strikers in the summer. 1 Vardy jr, 1 that can lead the line and score goals.

He's started 7 games in 28 days after a 30' cameo coming back from an injury. The man has turned into a zombie because no one is good enough to relieve his minutes.

Absolutely shocking that we've allowed to get it to this position, really bad planning from the club IMO. You should always have a 3rd striker, even if it's a reserve or a youngster, especially when we've got spare spaces in our squad registration.

4 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Watched reading last night, thought the left back was very good going forwards and defending! Can’t remember his name now! 

He's just signed a pre contract with Bayern Munich. Omar Richards

We did have a third / fourth striking option. It just hasn’t worked in fairness. 

Hirst - Hasn’t fulfilled his potential.

Perez - Is more of a false 9 and is now injured. 

We won’t replace Vardy, similar to how Liverpool have never replaced Suarez. 

If we could adapt but bring in a better quality false nine, then allow the goals to flow from Barnes and then a quality RW, that’ll be more of the way forward.

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

I love Patson Daka but I'd also look at his team mate Mergim Berisha. His contract is up next summer and he's the player we hoped Perez would be based on his output for them.

I know Salzburg are a team to approach with caution as Minamino and Hwang have both been unreal there and then been very mediocre elsewhere so far but both Leipzig and Salzburg scout very very well and his contract status makes him an interesting option.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Leicester City have been credited with an interest in highly-rated Germany U21 star Ismail Jakobs.

The Foxes are weighing up making a summer move for the versatile left-sided player, who plays in the Bundesliga for Cologne, according to Mail Online.

We were linked with him last summer too

I've been ramping up my research of South America and associated areas now that there's a good chance we can sign players from that region with relaxed work permit rules.

I just cannot see past Kaio Jorge as the striker we should go for, his contract is up in December and they are looking to do a deal. They have Marcos Leonardo coming through who is supposed to be the next Neymar and he too ought to be on our radar. They have installed a €100m release clause but his contract expires next year so they could be done over on him as well if they aren't careful.

Marcos Paulo has agreed a pre-contract with Atletico which is another attacker who'd have fit our profile.

I'll keep digging, there's a young Mexican called Jose Macias at Chivas who prior to 2020/21 season was doing really well for club and country. Gone off the boil a bit this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I love Patson Daka but I'd also look at his team mate Mergim Berisha. His contract is up next summer and he's the player we hoped Perez would be based on his output for them.

I know Salzburg are a team to approach with caution as Minamino and Hwang have both been unreal there and then been very mediocre elsewhere so far but both Leipzig and Salzburg scout very very well and his contract status makes him an interesting option.

...just watched Berisha on YT and totally different quality to Ivan Toney!!!

A better around player and links up well with the team, good with his head, can take a ball in difficult situations, and is aware of what is around him. This is more what Brendan is looking for in his players, versatility and interchangeable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just watched Berisha on YT and totally different quality to Ivan Toney!!!

A better around player and links up well with the team, good with his head, can take a ball in difficult situations, and is aware of what is around him. This is more what Brendan is looking for in his players, versatility and interchangeable. 

Yeah, really good player that doesn't get the limelight due to Daka being phenomenal. Get them both please 🤪

8 hours ago, happy85 said:

Leicester City have been credited with an interest in highly-rated Germany U21 star Ismail Jakobs.

The Foxes are weighing up making a summer move for the versatile left-sided player, who plays in the Bundesliga for Cologne, according to Mail Online.

Runs up and down all day but his form has been poor for a while now. Guess it would be cover in 2 positions that need it though and not much of an outlay 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9327251/amp/Leicester-close-15m-deal-Celtic-forward-Edouard-long-term-replacement-Vardy.html

Sounds like we may be getting closer to signing Édouard.

It's a gamble as he's only scored goals in the Scottish League but surely worth it if the reported £15 million fee is true

Edited by Kierzz
Typo
  • Thanks 1