Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

If true, this is huge news. 

Really impressed with the players we've been linked with so far - Edouard, Jakobs, Soumare. 

Shows that we've got a consistent strategy. 

Read some comments about we should have got him in January. No way we get him for that price then. It's a seller's market and we'd have had to pay a lot more to sign Edouard than £15 million. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm a fan of Edouard but I'll make a prediction that our fan base won't like him as his " style " isn't running around like a headless chicken and if you don't do that as a striker then you don't get accepted. 

I don't think that's entirely true if you offer something else. Otherwise Perez would be loved lol 

If you are shit though, and don't work hard you'll be jumped on. 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think that's entirely true if you offer something else. Otherwise Perez would be loved lol 

If you are shit though, and don't work hard you'll be jumped on. 

Perez doesn't run around like a headless chicken, he's very lightweight and pedestrian. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So Celtic paid £9million for him and we're about to sign him for £15million and Celtic have to give PSG £6million?

Either someone is pulling figures out of thin air or Celtic are about to be on the end of one of the worst transfer deals in Scottish history :D

It kind of makes sense if the article is true in saying that they want a decent sell on fee inserted into the deal... say we move him on for 50+ million and they’ve got say a 20% sell on clause they’re bagging a decent sum of money that psg get nothing from rather than holding on for a lager fee this summer that will be hit hard with the sell on fee for psg

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

From what I’ve seen of edouard he scores all types of goals, And although limited in how much I watched him he doesn’t miss many chances from memory 

He's not good in the air for his size (over 6 ft).  Four headed goals in his career.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Great news that we are front runners to sign Edouard but when are we actually able to make the signing? Because if it's after the season then anything could happen between now and then

It can all be agreed at any time prior to the window opening, it's just that the paperwork wouldn't go through until July 1.

Lots of deals are 'agreed in principle' or there is certainly an agreed feeling among agents/clubs prior to the summer that certain players will end up at certain clubs - there is a suggestion Maguire knew he was coming to us in 2017 and then going to United in 2019 long before both deals happened.

Anyway, as for Edouard at £15m, it's a no brainer as others have said. On paper he doesn't sound too different from Iheanacho, but I think the difference is that Edouard is more natural getting close to the goal, whereas Kelechi likes to drop deep and use his excellent close control.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

You a Celtic fan I assume by your name.

Does he just play No9 or can he play any other position? How much do you rate him?

Edouard can play as a lone strike or just off a striker. He does like to drift. He has had an OK season but this is in the context that the whole season for Celtic has been a disaster. Rodgers would get the best out of him. 

Always been a Celtic fan but have also support the Foxes 👍

• Like 2

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

My absolute favourite part of that article:

"At one point Celtic had hoped to receive as much as £40m for the striker"

We have a moral duty to drive the price down even further. **** Celtic.

Bullshit press nonsense. £25 mill is usually the figure I've seen quoted when he was on form.

9 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

Edouard can play as a lone strike or just off a striker. He does like to drift. He has had an OK season but this is in the context that the whole season for Celtic has been a disaster. Rodgers would get the best out of him. 

Is he very quick? He doesn't seem to look that rapid but does get around the pitch quite well.

20 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

Good enough for a team with top 4 PL aspirations in your opinion? 

I've not seen loads of any strikers we've been linked with, but OE doesn't strike me as a 'good as guaranteed' success. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's the logical transfer for us at a great price. My only gripe is this could and should have been done this January. I don't want to hear we don't have any money, Celtic's season was over and we could easily have given them a few million loan fee with an obligation to buy for the £15m we will be paying in the summer.

Whilst I fully agree that Celtic are shrewd in their transfer dealings, especially incoming money, they were at a point of weakness in terms of league. Selling their top striker could've dammed things more for them. 

Would've given time for Edouard to bed in however. 

Great news if that is true about Edouard! Him, soumare and jakobs would be brilliant, would imagine that would see nacho and hamza out. The targets are young, high potential and all capable of improving team and depth of squad. Hopefully we can get a right winger and replacement for whoever else leaves. 

17 minutes ago, sdb said:

Good enough for a team with top 4 PL aspirations in your opinion? 

I've not seen loads of any strikers we've been linked with, but OE doesn't strike me as a 'good as guaranteed' success. 

Every signing is a gamble but this is a no brainer. One thing to say he is a very different striker to Vardy so I wouldn't regard him as a direct replacement. I think that's just journalistic nonsense talk.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm a fan of Edouard but I'll make a prediction that our fan base won't like him as his " style " isn't running around like a headless chicken and if you don't do that as a striker then you don't get accepted. 

Oh god, is he another player that will immediately be slaughtered for being lazy or having an attitude problem the moment he isnt smiling or doesnt press enough one time?

• Like 1

Not a fan of edouard but would be happy to be proven wrong, looked terrible being played as a lone striker the few times ive seen them this season, only seemed to perform in a front two with griffiths beside him. Doesnt seem to have the ability to lead the line.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Oh god, is he another player that will immediately be slaughtered for being lazy or having an attitude problem the moment he isnt smiling or doesnt press enough one time?

Absolutely. It’s the Leicester way. We should sign Mo Farah. Least that bloke can put in a shift. 

21 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Not a fan of edouard but would be happy to be proven wrong, looked terrible being played as a lone striker the few times ive seen them this season, only seemed to perform in a front two with griffiths beside him. Doesnt seem to have the ability to lead the line.

Played most of his time at Celtic as a lone striker...

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

It kind of makes sense if the article is true in saying that they want a decent sell on fee inserted into the deal... say we move him on for 50+ million and they’ve got say a 20% sell on clause they’re bagging a decent sum of money that psg get nothing from rather than holding on for a lager fee this summer that will be hit hard with the sell on fee for psg

Throw in a couple or cans of Carling then, PSG won't touch that, they're all about the 1664