Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

35 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He created loads of chances if I remember correctly, got 1 goal and 7 assists too.

He'll stay at Norwich unless they fail to get promoted anyway (which I think they will), as they'll be asking for a fortune for him, especially with 3 years left on his contract.

I'm not 100% sure but i think he was in the top 5 last season for most chances created.

Next season could be interesting with us looking at midfield and striker force. First of all Sowah and Taveres will be the next two highly rated youngsters to break in adding depth in midfield. I think signings that will definitely happen will be Bertrand on a free (which I think will be a great signing to add experience with Morgan and Fuchs leaving) I’ve seen a couple of links and connections with Rodgers from chelsea. Edouard will be the other and I think Thauvin could be a goer beyond those two. Then if we have injuries next season! We’ll have more quality and depth. I think times up for Iheanacho, Perez, Mendy and Choudhary! 

Edited by Heymister2015

19 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Next season could be interesting with us looking at midfield and striker force. First of all Sowah and Taveres will be the next two highly rated youngsters to break in adding depth in midfield. I think signings that will definitely happen will be Bertrand on a free (which I think will be a great signing to add experience with Morgan and Fuchs leaving) I’ve seen a couple of links and connections with Rodgers from chelsea. Edouard will be the other and I think Thauvin could be a goer beyond those two. Then if we have injuries next season! We’ll have more quality and depth. I think times up for Iheanacho, Perez, Mendy and Choudhary! 

Isn't tavares out of contract in the summer? 

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

For now... 

True. 

It actually begs the question of how many youngsters dare we promote to first team at the one time. 

I think KDH should be there are cover for Youri.

Sowah would add depth to LW,RW.

And Tavares as cover for Maddison? 

Iverson in there too

Is that too much? 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

True. 

It actually begs the question of how many youngsters dare we promote to first team at the one time. 

Iverson in there too

Is that too much? 

I can see KDH being in the squad definitely after the season he has had with Luton

Sowah could possibly stay at Leuven for another season, probably depends on what other transfers we make with regards to wingers

Tavares if he signs a new contract will stay around the 1st team squad next season, as him featuring for us now will be a big reason why he signs a new deal with us

Iversen will probably go out on loan again next season, Kasper, Ward, then wouldn't be surprised to see Jakupovic sign another 1 year deal

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

I wouldn't say no to Tammy Abraham

Just get the feeling he is going to get better. Just 23 and already played a fair few games for a big club

May take Chelsea bringing in Haaland or similar for them to sell though

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he did not pull up many trees in the Premiership!!!

If we played him as a RW he would have to hold his position as he would be taking up Tielemans or Madders space should he choose to drift centrally. Someone from the midfield would have to cover the space he vacates.

Just going by the YouTube videos, he does directs the play well and no doubt be adequate backup for our team. Norwich would be asking a premium as they are on course to bounce back and I do not see him as good value, in  market that would contain a plethora of free agents.

He was a very fine player on a very poor side (that beat us, of course). 

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I wouldn't say no to Tammy Abraham

Just get the feeling he is going to get better. Just 23 and already played a fair few games for a big club

May take Chelsea bringing in Haaland or similar for them to sell though

If they have any sense they'll keep and develop him themselves rather than shell out for someone else but agree with you I think someone of his calibre is exactly what we need to take over from Vardy in the medium term. 

• Like 1

Just now, LCFCCHRIS said:

If they have any sense they'll keep and develop him themselves rather than shell out for someone else but agree with you I think someone of his calibre is exactly what we need to take over from Vardy in the medium term. 

Chelsea aren't known for their patience, and the latest rumour is that Abramovich has sanctioned the buy out clause for Haaland 

Could be more a case of Abrahams pushing for a move, than Chelsea wanting to sell, but I agree - At 23, they should hold onto him for now 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

True. 

Iverson in there too

Is that too much? 

Not necessarily- they are known, they know the systems used. Is it really that much different than bringing in 4 new plays? Would love to see it too, so may not be making a well reasoned judgement. lol

• Like 1

GK: Schmeichel / Ward / Jakupovic

FB: Ricardo / Castagne / Justin / Thomas 

CB: Evans / Söyüncü / Fofana / ? / Amartey 

CDM: Ndidi / Mendy / ?

CM: Tielemans / KDH

CAM: Maddison / Praet / Perez 

RW/LW: ? / Barnes / Sowah / Albrighton

ST: Vardy / ? / Iheanacho 

In order of priorities I would target a RW, ST, CDM, and CB. I think if this season has taught us anything it’s that we need more and better squad depth. We still lack a clear first choice RW and this should be our priority - we’ve tried Perez, Ünder and Albrighton and none have quite cut it. We also desperately need another striker - Vardy can only play once a week nowadays. I assume Hamza will be off so could maybe use a CDM/ CM player to rotate with Tielemans and Ndidi.

I’d also like to see Sowah and KDH come in to provide depth, with Tavares (if he stays) going on loan to a Championship club and Iverson to a top half Championship/ lower half premiership club for one more year on loan before he can come back in and start putting pressure on Schmeichel. 

Possible options I can think of/ have been linked with before, am sure there are probably others ...

RW - Neres / Thauvin / Sima

ST - Abraham / Ings / Édouard / Malen / Armstrong / Toney

CDM - Soumaré / Carvalho

CB - Tah / Carmo / Tarkowski (lowest priority and would he come to be 4th choice?)

Edit: Also this would provide an additional  3 players to what we’ve had this season. An extra defender, midfielder and attacker to what we have now - so should help with rest and rotation especially if we get Europe again :fc:

Edited by Foxes96
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Chelsea aren't known for their patience, and the latest rumour is that Abramovich has sanctioned the buy out clause for Haaland 

Could be more a case of Abrahams pushing for a move, than Chelsea wanting to sell, but I agree - At 23, they should hold onto him for now 

I agree on this shout. I think Abraham is the perfect candidate to replace Vardy and has age on his side to keep improving too.  He should be our number 1 target in my opinion. 

Edited by frany104
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

True. 

Iverson in there too

Is that too much? 

Are 22 year old classed as youngsters?

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

GK: Schmeichel / Ward / Jakupovic

FB: Ricardo / Castagne / Justin / Thomas 

CB: Evans / Söyüncü / Fofana / ? / Amartey 

CDM: Ndidi / Mendy / ?

CM: Tielemans / KDH

CAM: Maddison / Praet / Perez 

RW/LW: ? / Barnes / Sowah / Albrighton

ST: Vardy / ? / Iheanacho 

In order of priorities I would target a RW, ST, CDM, and CB. I think if this season has taught us anything it’s that we need more and better squad depth. We still lack a clear first choice RW and this should be our priority - we’ve tried Perez, Ünder and Albrighton and none have quite cut it. We also desperately need another striker - Vardy can only play once a week nowadays. I assume Hamza will be off so could maybe use a CDM/ CM player to rotate with Tielemans and Ndidi.

I’d also like to see Sowah and KDH come in to provide depth, with Tavares (if he stays) going on loan to a Championship club and Iverson to a top half Championship/ lower half premiership club for one more year on loan before he can come back in and start putting pressure on Schmeichel. 

Possible options I can think of/ have been linked with before, am sure there are probably others ...

RW - Neres / Thauvin / Sima

ST - Abraham / Ings / Édouard / Malen / Armstrong / Toney

CDM - Soumaré / Carvalho

CB - Tah / Carmo / Tarkowski (lowest priority and would he come to be 4th choice?)

Edit: Also this would provide an additional  3 players to what we’ve had this season. An extra defender, midfielder and attacker to what we have now - so should help with rest and rotation especially if we get Europe again :fc:

Agree with a lot of this. 

Would say we should have 5 wingers, one being perez as well so then get a top draw right winger in (same as you). Really hard to decide who we need. I disagree with most and I don’t think the player we need is Thauvin, but at the same time I don’t have any better suggestions. Not sure Fairve could go straight into the line up which is what we’d need. 

Think someone like Tarkowski would be a class move. Reckon we could get him for £15m with his contract being up soon and I think we need someone of his quality to keep up with game demand and the ageing Evans. 

Wild be tempted to keep Tavares and play him intermittently at CAM. And then get a soumare type player at cdm as back up to ndidi as well. 

Best striker option I think we have is Tammy. Got so many good attributes, young, would get on well with the english core, reckon he’d thrive off a bit of Brendan coaching too. What do we think, £40m? If they’re really desperate to get haaland they may take it to help fund it. I don’t think Iheanacho stays as third choice, I think he’d rather go elsewhere if that was his option.

Would leave us with perez as third choice striker, second choice winger, and 3rd choice cam, which I personally think works quite well for him and us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Agree, Tammy Abraham ticks boxes. Fear is Villa with their spending power and earlier experience will pick this up. Watkins and Abraham would be a very good pair of strikers for them.

No way will Abraham move to sit on a bench. he may as well stay at Chelsea.  And villa wouldn’t upset Watkins by bringing in that level of competition.  We would have a chance because vards is considered to be on the way down over the next 18 months ...but Abraham is a very different player to vards ...... Watkins is way closer .....