Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

I rate Abraham but it wouldn’t work here. Everytime he waves or high-fives one of his England or Chelsea mates our fans would be going ballistic. Imagine us playing Chelsea and he first-bumps Chilwell and mount, our supporters would riot 

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he did not pull up many trees in the Premiership!!!

If we played him as a RW he would have to hold his position as he would be taking up Tielemans or Madders space should he choose to drift centrally. Someone from the midfield would have to cover the space he vacates.

Just going by the YouTube videos, he does directs the play well and no doubt be adequate backup for our team. Norwich would be asking a premium as they are on course to bounce back and I do not see him as good value, in  market that would contain a plethora of free agents.

As you said Norwich will ask for a lot of money for him even if they were interested in selling him in the first place, which they won't be as they're going up. The sort of money that we wouldnt even contemplate paying for a back up player so I would think he's not on our radar at all. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Patson Daka is probably the answer to all of our problems. He is the man to replace Vardy. 

Yeah, he's unbelievable. Donyell Malen is pretty beastly too, but likely to cost a lot more than Daka.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, he's unbelievable. Donyell Malen is pretty beastly too, but likely to cost a lot more than Daka.

True, when it comes to Vardy's replacement we can't piss around, we've got to be willing to separate ourselves with some big Benjamin's to do so. We cant send Rudkin and the scouts on a pilgrimage to the arse ends of the earth to find an unpolished gem. We keep trying that in the striking department and it often fails. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

True, when it comes to Vardy's replacement we can't piss around, we've got to be willing to separate ourselves with some big Benjamin's to do so.  

Agreed, if needs be we've got to be prepared to pay £40m + for the right player and I'm confident we will. You only have to look at our determination and willingness to pay whatever it took to get Fofana.

There will be a target that will be our main option, just hope we can right a few wrongs when it comes to recruiting attacking players as we've been pretty hideous. Actually hoping Rodgers &  Congerton can keep up their good work in that area.

• Like 1

Abraham would be awesome by the way. He has everything to offer IMO - finishing, pace, good in the air, hold up can carry the ball if needed. 

I'd imagine he'd do very well for us if he was the main focal point.

12 hours ago, Dusty said:

Agree with a lot of this. 

Would say we should have 5 wingers, one being perez as well so then get a top draw right winger in (same as you). Really hard to decide who we need. I disagree with most and I don’t think the player we need is Thauvin, but at the same time I don’t have any better suggestions. Not sure Fairve could go straight into the line up which is what we’d need. 

Think someone like Tarkowski would be a class move. Reckon we could get him for £15m with his contract being up soon and I think we need someone of his quality to keep up with game demand and the ageing Evans. 

Wild be tempted to keep Tavares and play him intermittently at CAM. And then get a soumare type player at cdm as back up to ndidi as well. 

Best striker option I think we have is Tammy. Got so many good attributes, young, would get on well with the english core, reckon he’d thrive off a bit of Brendan coaching too. What do we think, £40m? If they’re really desperate to get haaland they may take it to help fund it. I don’t think Iheanacho stays as third choice, I think he’d rather go elsewhere if that was his option.

Would leave us with perez as third choice striker, second choice winger, and 3rd choice cam, which I personally think works quite well for him and us.

Perez should be sold. Nowhere near good enough. Use the funds to buy a new striker/winger.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

True, when it comes to Vardy's replacement we can't piss around, we've got to be willing to separate ourselves with some big Benjamin's to do so. We cant send Rudkin and the scouts on a pilgrimage to the arse ends of the earth to find an unpolished gem. We keep trying that in the striking department and it often fails. 

By "arse ends of the earth" I assume you mean Manchester Etihad.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, if needs be we've got to be prepared to pay £40m + for the right player and I'm confident we will. You only have to look at our determination and willingness to pay whatever it took to get Fofana.

There will be a target that will be our main option, just hope we can right a few wrongs when it comes to recruiting attacking players as we've been pretty hideous. Actually hoping Rodgers &  Congerton can keep up their good work in that area.

I think we have shown with Fofana, if it the right player we will splash the cash.

To be fair other then Slim, Nacho and Musa we have been shopping in the bargin bin, every man and his dog thought Nacho would be a great signing.

As for the other two panic buys but you can see the clubs logic.

Musa had played in the CL and was one  only seven players aged 23 or younger to reach double figures for goals in each of the past two seasons in Europe's top seven leagues before we brought him. 

Slim had just score 27 in 33 in for Sporting and had played CL football for two seasons.

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think we have shown with Fofana, if it the right player we will splash the cash.

To be fair other then Slim, Nacho and Musa we have been shopping in the bargin bin, every man and his dog thought Nacho would be a great signing.

As for the other two panic buys but you can see the clubs logic.

Musa had played in the CL and was one  only seven players aged 23 or younger to reach double figures for goals in each of the past two seasons in Europe's top seven leagues before we brought him. 

Slim had just score 27 in 33 in for Sporting and had played CL football for two seasons.

I think we've got scared, we signed 3 flops in Musa, Slimani and Iheanacho and haven't then even attempted to bring another striker in in the hope we don't have to. So far we have got away with it but we've also signed poor wingers in Ghezzal and Perez and the jury is out on Ünder so as it stands we haven't bought a successful attacker since Ulloa and Albrighton. It's absolutely astonishing. 

To be honest, even if we had the money for an available 60+ striker and I can't think of one, would they want to come here? One injury and we'd almost be back to square one. I don't think we've go that money to spend without selling in any case.

However, it is important that we show ambition. The money spent on Musa and Iheanacho was done so with the best intentions and, when first spent, I'm sure many of us thought them potentially really good signings, particularly the latter. 

We perhaps wouldn't spend 60m on a striker but might get Edouard and Daka for 35m? Both a risk in a way for obvious reasons but surely that risk is halved by buying two. The sale of Perez and Iheanacho could part fund it as we know that neither of them are good enough. Vardy may have two years left on his contract but I just don't see him having one more full season in him sadly and even so, he is nowhere close to being capable of playing every Premiership, European (if qualified) and cup match. We need 3 strikers. If Vardy didn't like it then tough, the club comes first, but I think he's a genuine and realistic player and, just like dropping England has prolonged his career, so would constantly not having to play carrying injuries do the same. Playing for a lesser club, retiring or playing some Premiership games and potentially big European nights, what would you choose?

As for Edouard and Daka, we are precisely the sort of club that should be attractive to them. If they were not up to the challenge of fighting for their places then arguably they wouldn't be right in the first place. 

• Like 1

I think we've got scared, we signed 3 flops in Musa, Slimani and Iheanacho and haven't then even attempted to bring another striker in in the hope we don't have to. So far we have got away with it but we've also signed poor wingers in Ghezzal and Perez and the jury is out on Ünder so as it stands we haven't bought a successful attacker since Ulloa and Albrighton. It's absolutely astonishing. 

It is weird. We're extremely good at finding great defenders and midfielders, so why haven't we been able to sign any good attackers for so long?

I think Slimani and Musa can be explained by the panic of suddenly being PL champs and thinking we needed to change our approach. I think Perez may have been Brendan's choice given to him to encourage him to sign for us. I think it was his defensive stats that we liked, and he's been played out of his best position the vast majority of his time here. Under is a low-risk loan, so no harm done, really. I've got no idea why we signed Ghezzal. Iheanacho's form fluctuates so much, but you'd expect that from a player who gets so little time playing.

It seems like we might approach signing attackers in a different way to players of any other position. Maybe that's not true, and we need to start doing that. Whichever it is, I just hope we start getting it right soon. If not, we're going to have to produce another Barnes, because we won't have time to develop another Vardy, even if we're lucky enough to find one.

• Like 1

Ghezzal was a Puel signing on the surface and a panic buy.

Perez has had moments as has Nacho.

Under am convinced was a we need someone moment, and will return to Roma in the summer.

When you consider were the squad was post the 16/17 season the club has done a good job. 

If we can get AM, RW and Striker in during them summer we are in a good spot.

You could argue with KDH and Sowah add to the squad, we only need a RM and Striker.

Having watched BR improve Barnes, Soyuncu, Justin, Maddison and Teilimans over the last 2 years I'm excited to see what he can do with KDH and Sowah.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It is weird. We're extremely good at finding great defenders and midfielders, so why haven't we been able to sign any good attackers for so long?

I think Slimani and Musa can be explained by the panic of suddenly being PL champs and thinking we needed to change our approach. I think Perez may have been Brendan's choice given to him to encourage him to sign for us. I think it was his defensive stats that we liked, and he's been played out of his best position the vast majority of his time here. Under is a low-risk loan, so no harm done, really. I've got no idea why we signed Ghezzal. Iheanacho's form fluctuates so much, but you'd expect that from a player who gets so little time playing.

It seems like we might approach signing attackers in a different way to players of any other position. Maybe that's not true, and we need to start doing that. Whichever it is, I just hope we start getting it right soon. If not, we're going to have to produce another Barnes, because we won't have time to develop another Vardy, even if we're lucky enough to find one.

I think in the last 2 years we have had other priorities.

Now is they time we have to get it right. 

• Like 1